Bunnies and mooses and groupies, Oh my!!! The Wilderness Lodge groupies thread. 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that Dory was going to be leaving for the world the day ahead of me but I just checked and it is actually Dodie. Which makes me realize that she is another missing groupie. Has anyone heard from her lately?

I'm no longer unemployed!!! :dance3: ... Also, DH has a phone interview on Friday for a position at a company in our town that he was a temp. contractor at.
Lets start planning that girls trip! :goodvibes

Hooray for you!!!:banana: So happy to hear that you got the job. And, lots of prayers for your DH and the interview on Friday. It would be so awesome for the two of you to land a job in the same week!

DLI - If only you were closer - we'd gladly dog sit and chauffer you guys to the airport so DH would feel better about going!:hug: That's a very generous gesture on his part -- you've got a "good man" there! Leave your ADR's alone - no one is going to say anything about them (we've added and subtracted headcount over the years - and one never makes a difference). Is there any neighbor that you could "trade" dog sitting/chauffer services for when you get back (i.e watch their kids (or elderly parents), clean their house, cut lawns, house sit, dog/cat sit for them, etc?). With so many people out of work and trying to cut back -- the "service bartering" amongst neighbors has become huge deal in many places. Just a thought.....Hope it all works out for you guys!

:yay::yay:Blossomz is lost!! Blossomz is lost!! Keep a look out for Blossomz!!!:yay::yay:

I'm no longer unemployed!!! :dance3: I got the crossing guard job in the next town over. It's a 10 min. ride from my house which is perfect & I'm on the school schedule which is fabulous. Summers & school vacations off! Woo hoo! Not a huge amount of hours which is too bad because it pays well but every little bit helps. I do have a lead on another possible position. That job would be 10 flexible hours any time I want. My friend isn't sure when that will be a go, but I do have the inside track so fingers crossed. Also, DH has a phone interview on Friday for a position at a company in our town that he was a temp. contractor at. He was well liked & knows people there so hopefully he has a good shot. A permanent job at a stable company would be ideal instead of a permanent job at a temping company. Fingers crossed on that one too!

Lets start planning that girls trip! :goodvibes
Congrats on the new job!:woohoo: Can I get in on that girls trip?:flower3:

Our DD just recently got a new job as well. She had been working as a part time instructor at a local community college, but just got officially hired full time on Monday! This will mean that she has better benefits and it frees her DH up to look for a different job as he is very unhappy in his current one.

Happy Friday everyone!

My parents came up from our 'lodge last night. They spent 3 nights in the hotel side and loved it of course. Didn't eat at Whispering Canyon; it was booked solid and they didn't make ADRs. They also snuck over to the VWL community room and played checkers for a bit, now that they know about DVC it's funny how much they like it... Is Oct. 23rd here yet??? I wanna' go!!!

Congrats on the new job!:woohoo: Can I get in on that girls trip?:flower3:

Our DD just recently got a new job as well. She had been working as a part time instructor at a local community college, but just got officially hired full time on Monday! This will mean that she has better benefits and it frees her DH up to look for a different job as he is very unhappy in his current one.

Happy Friday everyone!

Congrats to your DD! :thumbsup2 I hope your DH is able to find something else he loves.

My parents came up from our 'lodge last night. They spent 3 nights in the hotel side and loved it of course. Didn't eat at Whispering Canyon; it was booked solid and they didn't make ADRs. They also snuck over to the VWL community room and played checkers for a bit, now that they know about DVC it's funny how much they like it... Is Oct. 23rd here yet??? I wanna' go!!!

That is fun that your parents are enjoying our beloved!:goodvibes

Oct is right around the corner!:banana:

DLI - If only you were closer - we'd gladly dog sit and chauffer you guys to the airport so DH would feel better about going!:hug: That's a very generous gesture on his part -- you've got a "good man" there! Leave your ADR's alone - no one is going to say anything about them (we've added and subtracted headcount over the years - and one never makes a difference). Is there any neighbor that you could "trade" dog sitting/chauffer services for when you get back (i.e watch their kids (or elderly parents), clean their house, cut lawns, house sit, dog/cat sit for them, etc?). With so many people out of work and trying to cut back -- the "service bartering" amongst neighbors has become huge deal in many places. Just a thought.....Hope it all works out for you guys!

Thanks Leslie! It does look right now that he will end up going. The temptation to go is just too hard to resist. We have asked our neighbors up the street to pup sit since they did it for us before with Montana. They may have a conflict and will let us know on Monday. I am pretty picky as far as who I ask to watch her. I am such a worrier! I wish we did live closer so you could do it! I have a friend who I know would do it in a minute but her dog can be a bit aggresive and I would worry the whole time. We are still trying to think of someone who could take us to the airport but we leave at 5 A.M.!

I'm found!!!!! :surfweb: Whew...I was really feeling lonely!!!! Glad to be back! I need a rocker-quick!!!

Eliza...what a great job starting the thread!

Horselover...congrats on the job!!

Girls trip...without me?!!:scared1: I don't think so.....

I'm found!!!!! :surfweb: Whew...I was really feeling lonely!!!! Glad to be back! I need a rocker-quick!!!

Eliza...what a great job starting the thread!

Horselover...congrats on the job!!

Girls trip...without me?!!:scared1: I don't think so.....

Welcome home!!!

Thanks for the welcome homes!!

Yep, those posts add up quick! I'm shootin' for a 1000 myself!!

Wow..very hot and humid here today!

:scared1::scared1:2nd page!!! :scared1::scared1:

:scared1::scared1:Oh the humanity!!!
:scared1::scared1:

Happy Sunday Groupies!!

Hello Groupies!

Just back from a visit to the WL sister lodge -- the Grand Californian!

1251334592.jpg

For those of you who haven't been to DCA, that is Grizzly River Run, similar to Kali River Rapids.

This was the view from our room and we had an owl who liked to hoot at odd times of the night.

Which made me wonder -- besides the otters, bunnies and snakes, what other animals have you seen and heard at WL?

Which made me wonder -- besides the otters, bunnies and snakes, what other animals have you seen and heard at WL?

That's a beautiful photo and view you had...thanks for sharing the GC with us! :)

We've seen a fair amount of deer on the path between WL & FW. I've also seen opossum and what I could have sworn was an armidillo once. As you can imagine, most wildlife keep their distance from the Lodge itself aside from the birds who think they own the Roaring Fork outside eating and the ducks who live at the pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter