• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Busch Gardens???

kandb

DIS Veteran
We are planning on visiting Busch Gardens in March. We are going the last week and I checked and thankfully Florida schools spring break is before our visit. We plan on going for 2 days. Any recommendations/suggestions for our visit there? Our children are 18, 18 and 12. How is the food? Lol Thank you.

It’s been about 4 years since I went to Busch Gardens. We ate counter service food and it was pretty typical theme park food, maybe slightly better. I don’t remember specifics though. You might post in the Sea World board. I think that’s where most BG questions & tips are. Enjoy your trip!

We are planning on visiting Busch Gardens in March. We are going the last week and I checked and thankfully Florida schools spring break is before our visit. We plan on going for 2 days. Any recommendations/suggestions for our visit there? Our children are 18, 18 and 12. How is the food? Lol Thank you.
I'm assuming you mean BG Tampa since you mentioned Florida schools. I don't remember anything remarkable, good or bad, about the food. Typical theme park food.Now BGW does have some pretty good food. BGT does have several really good coasters there that the kids may enjoy! Its more of a coaster park, not many flat or family friendly rides. But I also liked the skyride that goes over some of the animals.

I'm assuming you mean BG Tampa since you mentioned Florida schools. I don't remember anything remarkable, good or bad, about the food. Typical theme park food.Now BGW does have some pretty good food. BGT does have several really good coasters there that the kids may enjoy! Its more of a coaster park, not many flat or family friendly rides. But I also liked the skyride that goes over some of the animals.
Thank you. A few in the family love roller coasters but the others like mellow rides. I think the skyride is closed right now, hopefully opens by march!

Unfortunately Busch Gardens Tampa has very few rides that aren't coasters or kids rides. The Skyride isn't opening until next summer. The only other rides besides the coasters and kids rides are the train, carousel, log flume, Falcon's Fury drop tower, river rapids, bumper cars. Both water rides can get you soaked especially the rapids.

Iron Gwazi will have just opened that month so crowds could be larger than normal even if local schools are in session. That coaster along with Cobra's Curse and Cheetah Hunt are likely to be the 3 worst lines in the park. Later in the day Cobra's Curse and Cheetah Hunt should have shorter lines but Cobra's Curse breaks down a lot, sometimes multiple times a day.

The barbeque place has the best food in my opinion--I think it's called Zambia Smokehouse or something like that. The flatbread pizzas are decent too, but the burgers and chicken tenders are kind of meh. If you want to play it safe, there's a Chick-fil-a at the back of the park now. Busch has a great meal plan for big eaters--you can eat every hour (I think) for a reasonable price. Not everyone in the party has to purchase it so the light eaters can just get what they want. The problem is that when we buy the meal plan we always feel that we have to maximize our value and the day becomes more about eating rather than rides!

Unfortunately Busch Gardens Tampa has very few rides that aren't coasters or kids rides. The Skyride isn't opening until next summer. The only other rides besides the coasters and kids rides are the train, carousel, log flume, Falcon's Fury drop tower, river rapids, bumper cars. Both water rides can get you soaked especially the rapids.

Iron Gwazi will have just opened that month so crowds could be larger than normal even if local schools are in session. That coaster along with Cobra's Curse and Cheetah Hunt are likely to be the 3 worst lines in the park. Later in the day Cobra's Curse and Cheetah Hunt should have shorter lines but Cobra's Curse breaks down a lot, sometimes multiple times a day.

Thank you for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter