BWI to MCO Airfare?

CSX2

Mouseketeer
Just did a search for round trip, non-stop flights from BWI to MCO and got $189.50 each on AirTran for a total of $568.50 for three of us.

The quote included the following charges under the "tax" category: Departure Tax, Segment Tax, 9/11 Security Fee, Passenger Facility Fee.

Questions:

1) Are these the only taxes/fees or are there other costs?
2) Is this a good price?
3) Any comments on AirTran?

It all depends on what time of year you are traveling. This past May my family and I (four total) flew for $640 which included all taxes, fees, etc. We ended up flying out of Philly on US Air because it was cheaper and it was non-stop. Make sure you check out Southwest and Airtran both because they are typically you're cheapest options. Good luck!

Tara is right on the money there. They do their really good specials on Tues. and they end on Thurs. I just grabbed 333.00 rt for Dee and I, including all taxes and etc.
I just played around with it leaving from Baltimore to MCO, using the dates I am going, (early Feb.) and for three it would cost you
517.50 total. These are non stop flights.

Originally posted by CSX2
Just did a search for round trip, non-stop flights from BWI to MCO and got $189.50 each on AirTran for a total of $568.50 for three of us.

The quote included the following charges under the "tax" category: Departure Tax, Segment Tax, 9/11 Security Fee, Passenger Facility Fee.

Questions:

1) Are these the only taxes/fees or are there other costs?
2) Is this a good price?
3) Any comments on AirTran?

We've used both Airtran and Southwest and prefer Airtran. They have a fleet of new planes, 90% of them being new, and a different boarding method then Southwest. We also found them more reliable in terms of accurate departure times. Of course, others will have their favorite also. I just booked Airtran from BWI to MCO for April for $517 for the 3 of us. They went from $89 each way to $77 after Southwest released their prices. I do not believe there are any other fees besides the ones you mentioned. I don't know when you are going so that matters as to prices. I've been watching Airtran daily for price increases for my dates and they have been going up as people buy them. No matter which one you go with make it quick. It may go higher if the flight starts to fill.

After flying only US Air for years, we flew Airtran BWI/MCO in September. We found them to be excellent. Looking at your fee schedule, that would appear to be the whole shootin' match.

I'm not sure if it's still allowed, but they were at the time one of the few airlines still allowing standby flying for no upgrade. We purchased a pair of round-trips for $252 (DW refuses to do connections). We hit what we thought was low price and then just watched them go up, up, up, so I'd grab that price while you've got it.

But we severely tested their customer service with the standby thing (wife didn't know until day before she could get out of a Friday seminar). We were on the 5:30 PM, but wanted on the 8 AM. On a Friday, this can be a hassle. The plane was half-full, so at the ticket counter they just checked us on to the flight. Nice! However, don't count on their customer service via phone thing. I called four times Thursday night to find out what the load was, got four different operators, and got four different stories, from "that flight is wide open with at least 30 open seats" to "there are five open seats." Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter