BWV - exit/enter via stairwells

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
It is possible to exit and enter through the stairwells?

We have an upcoming stay for a SWGE visit in a 1-bedroom standard and I would like to request "water view" IF we can exit and enter through a stairwell.

Yes you will be able to enter and exit through the stairwell. My wife and I recently stayed at BWV and we took the stairwell several times. We were at the far end of a hallway and the stairwell was much closer than the elevator. Enjoy your stay.

I can corroborate that. We used the stairs a few weeks ago on our quests for ROTR BGs!

We like standard view opposite tennis courts- great stairwell there, comes out the closest to HWS on the back corner of the building. Magic Band controlled after dark supposedly. There is also a great stairwell that comes out sort of opposite the bus stop, and another which from memory comes out near the pool/ gym. They are easy to miss.

This is the view, this is a 2 bed lockoff so 1 bed - the closest stairwell to HWS was about 10 m from this room. Fabulous rooms for the points these.

I used the stairs frequently in the summer as it took us straight down to the Boardwalk, just wish I’d noticed them earlier in the trip 😂

We have an upcoming stay for a SWGE visit in a 1-bedroom standard and I would like to request "water view" IF we can exit and enter through a stairwell.
I can't get a water view with a standard room, can you.

As far as I am aware the only water view you can get with standard is the pond opposite the tennis court and bus stop- as seen in my video above?

As far as I am aware the only water view you can get with standard is the pond opposite the tennis court and bus stop- as seen in my video above?

I'm referring to the rooms as far away from the lobby as possible, as indicated by the green color below. These would be the closest to DHS.

IIRC, there is one stairwell thru which you can exit but you cannot enter. I think it is located in the passageway between the Village Green and the pool.

yes, we use the stairwells all the time, especially in the early mornings, to get to HS. Last trip, we were in the opposite wing of HS, extra steps for sure, and kids often opted for the stairs, while I found the elevator a better option. But yes, definitely can make good use of stairwells, for avoiding waits at the elevator, etc. love taking the stairs out and around the pool, or down at the farthest end when going/coming from HS

I'm referring to the rooms as far away from the lobby as possible, as indicated by the green color below. These would be the closest to DHS.

View attachment 474229
Yes that's what you can see on my video- it is a pond with a bridge over it (the driveway). That is the view you get of the water view- we were exactly where you want to be. Opposite tennis court. Best location in Standard View by far- if you do not mind being far from lobby and can use stairs. The stairs are at the end of that green line. Our room was just before the end of the green line. See the tennis courts there also just off the bottom of that picture if you look on Google Earth. You can see the Boardwalk Skyliner turning station also now, in the corner of the car park from there.

IIRC, there is one stairwell thru which you can exit but you cannot enter. I think it is located in the passageway between the Village Green and the pool.
That’s one of two that are exit only. That stairwell door is the one nearest the elevator lobby as you leave the elevator lobby heading toward the Boardwalk and Village Green rooms. The other is accessed at the first turn in this same corridor, near where there is seating in the middle of the corridor. It exits to the passageway out to the Village Green adjacent to the ATM that’s on the east sidewall of the Screen Door. I really wish one of these would allow me to walk back upstairs when I’ve gone down to the Bakery to refill our mugs.

That’s one of two that are exit only. That stairwell door is the one nearest the elevator lobby as you leave the elevator lobby heading toward the Boardwalk and Village Green rooms. The other is accessed at the first turn in this same corridor, near where there is seating in the middle of the corridor. It exits to the passageway out to the Village Green adjacent to the ATM that’s on the east sidewall of the Screen Door. I really wish one of these would allow me to walk back upstairs when I’ve gone down to the Bakery to refill our mugs.
I love being able to go out these doors and totally agree with you that I wish you could get back in them. It would be nice if they could put a scanner on those doors so they could only be accessed by people staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter