BWV: Never Again!

amandaC

DIS Veteran
Okay, just kidding. We had a wonderful time at BWV. However, in a need to control my weight I am going to have to ban myself- we went to the Bakery everyday! I think we tried one of everything and I didn't meet a sweet I didn't like! But now I feel like a bad mother- I kept telling my DH that letting the boys (and me as well!) have the peanut butter choc. cake for breakfast is no worse than a donut!

Amanda

Will you accept absolution?!! You got it!!! I was very much afraid that you didn't like BWV and that would be unforgivable!!!(just kidding.)

Bobbi

I'm going to BWV in Aug. My first stay as a new DVC member. I thought, "OMG what have I done!!"

I plan on many trips to the Bakery. I think I'll start working on losing the 5 lbs. now that I plan to gain in Aug.

Last year when my sister came to BWV with me she made so many trips to the Bakery she expected them to know her by name and have her turnovers already for her! She liked it so much when she later stayed a OKW she made a special trip to BW just to go to the Bakery.

The carrot cake there is too good. I can't eat carrot cake anywhere else now. Well, I can and sometimes I do. But it just leaves me feeling empty inside.

Yikes! You got me too! I clicked on that link so fast...I am glad that you were only kidding you had my heart jumping for a second there! I visited the bakery once and just know that we will be back. We had some yummy brownies (couldn't even finish it) and my ds had one of the HUGE cupcakes with the mickey sprinkles...yummmmm! :)

Isn't the bakery the best! We stayed at BWV in April and were bakery junkies by the end of the trip :teeth: We're staying at BCV in Aug. but plan on hopping the pond for some coffee cake :cool1:

amandaC said:
But now I feel like a bad mother- I kept telling my DH that letting the boys (and me as well!) have the peanut butter choc. cake for breakfast is no worse than a donut!

I would agree with that. I think we had leftover ice cream at 8am more than once back in March. Hey! We're on vacation! It's time to break the rules!

Thanks for the post - I was shocked when I read the title but knew you had to be joking - a week from now I will be home again at the Boardwalk - cannot wait. :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

Now I just have to deal with stress of packing. :rolleyes:

Anyone who wants to avoid any sort of pleasure should stay away from the Boardwalk Villas. I agree.

:rotfl:
I'm glad I'm not the only person who fell for the title. We just bought at BWV, and I've enjoyed reading both the positive and negative posts about our new "home", since we've never stayed there.

Can't wait to see for myself!

We think all WDW resorts are great in their own way.
But there are a few things to consider when booking at BWV. The hallways are miles long, the bus stops are in the next county, the noise and hustle and bustle is unbearable and the villas are the size of postage stamps. :confused3
We gained all this information when finding the Dis board, This was after purschasing at BWV and then adding on contracts at BWV and enjoying many trips to BWV. Somehow we were left out of this loop. :confused3

I like the title of the thread. Was hoping you would berate the BWV....I always want the rooms at BWV to be easier to book...so, PLEASE, scare everyone off! ;)

thelobstershanty said:
But there are a few things to consider when booking at BWV. The hallways are miles long, the bus stops are in the next county, the noise and hustle and bustle is unbearable and the villas are the size of postage stamps. :confused3
We gained all this information when finding the Dis board, This was after purschasing at BWV and then adding on contracts at BWV and enjoying many trips to BWV. Somehow we were left out of this loop. :confused3
And I think the evil clown slide is haunted, which surprisingly doesn't make it easier for me to book my rooms when I need them.

No better way to wait for a boat then a quick visit to the bakery(although the candy shop works in a pinch).

thelobstershanty said:
But there are a few things to consider when booking at BWV. The hallways are miles long, the bus stops are in the next county,

They planned the resort this way because they had to help members balance it out. Go to the Bakery and eat the yummy goodies. And then take the two mile hike back to your room.

I speak from experience. When we stayed at the BWV I loved the coffees at the Bakery so every morning I would sneak out and go get my coffee and then make the trek back to the room. Now, let me tell you were our room was..... We were in the last building going towards MGM at the very end of the hallway. We were the second to the last room.

Your coffee trek sounds much like the ice cream trek I once took at the BCV....Beaches and Cream is miles from the villas when you're carrying a flimsy cardboard tray of overflowing ice cream sundaes. Must be the same theory.

Glad you enjoyed the bakery so much. I'll have to try that peanut butter choc. cake.....I'm very fond of the tiramisu and chocolate croissants.

I am ashamed of myself...I had no idea the bakery was so good, I didnt even go there...I WILL NEXT TIME THOUGH! thanks for the warning! I really enjoy the long hallways, wouldnt it be fun to ride a segway through them???but i do have 1 complaint......the bus service sucks! 1 bus for 5 resorts is ridiculous! SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE!!! the busses are full and the driver still goes to the next stop, my DH gave up his seat on the bus everytime we went to a park, thats just ridiculous! other than that- we love BWV. BAKERY-BAKERY-BAKERY :cloud9:

korzmom said:
I am ashamed of myself...I had no idea the bakery was so good, I didnt even go there...I WILL NEXT TIME THOUGH! thanks for the warning! I really enjoy the long hallways, wouldnt it be fun to ride a segway through them???but i do have 1 complaint......the bus service sucks! 1 bus for 5 resorts is ridiculous! SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE!!! the busses are full and the driver still goes to the next stop, my DH gave up his seat on the bus everytime we went to a park, thats just ridiculous! other than that- we love BWV. BAKERY-BAKERY-BAKERY :cloud9:
Its really not that good, and I wish everyone ahead of me in line every morning would just figure this out so I could get my stuff quicker.

I heard it was good,but this good? When we were there in April but I skipped the bakery because my belly already felt like it was going to pop after dinner at Spoodles! The line was also long. Now i'm thinking I should have been more patient. I'm sure I could have found some room in the belly. :rotfl2: Next stop is BCV so i'll have a second ,3rd,4th,5th chance at the bakery! :cool1: 45 minute wait for a hair wrap for my DD all that time right in front of the bakery,damn! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter