Cabana Bay v. Sapphire Falls

wellesleyprincess

DIS Veteran
Hubby and I are supposed to go to Paris in the late Spring but because of some good things (hubby got a new job) we are likely going to have to reschedule that for another year (thank goodness for trip insurance).
But, I need a vacation in May and so we're looking at Universal because we want something fun and relaxing.
We always stay at Cabana Bay and we love it. (Especially the pool) Last trip we walked over to Sapphire Falls and it just felt so luxe. There is only a $75 difference (over the entire course of the trip/not per night) in the two.

It will just be two adults (and if plans go the way we intend it will be the last two adult trip for a while IYKWIM). And the goal is both a relaxing and fun vacation (hence Universal over Disney most likely).

Which would you pick?
If we do pick Sapphire Falls can we still use Cabana Bay's pool (especially the lazy river)?
Does Sapphire Falls have a refillable mug option like Cabana Bay?

Last edited:
lol.....love your description of it being a last two adult trip.......sweet!!!

Sapphire Falls is so much nicer than CBay...........but yes you can still use any pool while staying at any Universal hotel......

They do I believe have a refillable mug. Never use them so I don't check that out.

For an extra $75 I would totally choose SF over CBay.........well, I would always choose it over CBay anyway, it really is a beautiful hotel......we are staying there for 10 nights in May for a change.......we plan to not do the parks and do more around the area and spend some more resort time, so I can see why you liked it.......

The pool area at SF is gorgeous........

Once you decide on your dates, book the hotel soon after

Some dates fill quicker than others

We have always stayed at Cabana Bay. However, on our last stay, we went over to Sapphire Falls for drinks and to catch the boat. Let's just say that our next stay will definitely be at Sapphire Falls : ) Especially if the price difference is minimal.

For $75 difference on the entire stay, I would definitely do Sapphire Falls.

Normally the difference in price is much greater, so we typically opt for Cabana Bay since with no EP, we find the price difference for SF not worth it.

But ya, at that price, I'd definitely go for it.

I definitely like the ability to use the Water Taxis at SF over the buses at CBBR. It can sometimes be a madhouse trying to get through security from the bus drop-offs outside of CityWalk. It is a bit more relaxed (i.e. much smaller crowd) getting through the security at the Water Taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter