~California Dreamin - Photographic Report~Index on post #1~Completed 8/17/07~

There were bits and pieces all over from different movies~

DSC_0626.jpg

This pic gave me the shivers. DH and I watched the very first one a long time ago and I still have nightmares :scared1:

That Chucky is creepy!!!!

The picture of the four of you in front of the Hollywood sign was cool :thumbsup2

I love your pics from Universal...they are fantastic! :thumbsup2 It's such a fun park...especially the backlot tour.

More will be coming soon Blue!

Welcome back Spartangirl! I haven't had a chance just yet to catch up on your writing but I will, real soon.

We've got a huge family bbq and fireworks thing tonight and a grad party next door so it may be a day or so but I will absolutely get back to posting soon~

Welcome back Spartangirl! I haven't had a chance just yet to catch up on your writing but I will, real soon.

We've got a huge family bbq and fireworks thing tonight and a grad party next door so it may be a day or so but I will absolutely get back to posting soon~

Thanks for the welcome back! :goodvibes Have a great time today!

hi there tiggerwannabe,

I just discovered your TR and wanted to say...Love it! I am only up to pg 3 but had to tell you you are doing a great job!

Really like the photos. The ones of the PCH are bea-U-ti-ful! I am a photo buff myself and that is one trip I would love to take and photograph!
Thanks so much for sharing.
I will hopefully catch up within the next day or two.

Had to ask about the bakery item at the POTC movie..did you sneak that in or do they allow that? Just curious...:goodvibes Looks yummy, btw.
Maybe it is a CA thing.:confused3

TTFN
Darlene

Thanks again for the kudos...

I knew once I got there I would absolutely want to go back, and I do :)

California is a beautiful place and I have an excuse, by not taking my hubby and son, we HAVE to go back for them ;)

Welcome to my trippie Darlene and Thank you~

Their movie theatre was so busy with the pirates I don't think they cared what we carried in. I'd have to ask Nan (the girl who bought the dessert) if that's the norm cause I know at our theatre it's a big no no to bring outside food.

I am just loving your report. Nebo reccommended you and he was right. Your pics are absolutely gorgeous. I loved the Alcatraz pics and it looked like quite an interesting tour. The california coast pics are just beautiful.
I saw you use your bosses D50, and I wondered if you use the automatic modes or manual. I just bought the Canon xti, and am trying to figure out how to take pics in manual.
DL looks awesome. Definitely a must do when in CA. Your family and friends are so cute and you all seem to be having a blast. I'm only up to the end of DL, but I'll be back to finish later, and check out your videos. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Mikamah! (and Nebo)

I prefer to use the nikon in manual mode, mainly to change the ISO and light settings, esp in low light. The auto setting doesn't always cooperate with me in darker settings and indoors.

My only must do in Cali was DL. The rest was all a bonus to me. Rose requested San Francisco, I asked for San Jose (to see my friend Nan) and Rose wanted San Diego.

I am lucky to have family and friends who enjoy travel and theme parks as much as I do...it makes for some great trips~

I have a Disney function this weekend, Rose and I are going to the Magicmeet near Harrisburg PA, we are meeting up with a tablefull of DISer friends and will be back on Sunday. I am hoping to get UNI finished so I can move on to San Diego soon. I have about 100 pictures left to upload and a video to edit before I can totally finish tho...

stay tuned...

I have a Disney function this weekend, Rose and I are going to the Magicmeet near Harrisburg PA, we are meeting up with a tablefull of DISer friends and will be back on Sunday.

Have a great time!!!

:yay: :cheer2: :yay:

Be sure to take lots of pictures :wizard:

Back to the tour...

We head into what would be the horror makeup show in Orlando~

this part encompasses makeup, greeen screens and sound effects and how they are used...it's almost as funny as the Orlando Universal horror makeup show as well~

DSC_0639.jpg

DSC_0640.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

DSC_0647.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

When we finish with the studio effects tour we head into Backdraft!

They actually take you into a set that burns and shows everyone how the final scene in the movie backdraft was made...this part isn't for those afraid of fire and loud noises~

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

Next up, we head back to the upper lot for some grub and a couple more shows...

Here's a pic of DD...you can really tell the steepness of the escalators~

DSC_0654.jpg

Marilyn was just coming out of the backstage area in her pink pontiac as we were headed over to eat...

DSC_0655.jpg

DD and me got pizza, Rose and Stef got a london broil sandwich at the Hollywood Grill...

DSC_0656.jpg

After eating we headed in to the last show of the day of Waterworld. Waterworld is supposed to be the best stunt show in the country~

DSC_0657.jpg

DSC_0658.jpg

DSC_0659.jpg

DSC_0660.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

DSC_0662.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0664.jpg

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

as Kevin Costners character double saves the day we are now headed over to our last event in Universal Hollywood...Animal Stars!

Not sure what the "norm" is...but here in Gilroy - 'outside' food is frowned on....however...i do need my bottle of water...they haven't said much...which is surprising cuz it's a large one - with Pomegranate crystal light....so very nice 'deep red' color....or else they haven't seen it...or just don't care....usually it's teens there - they probably really don't care....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter