~California Dreamin - Photographic Report~Index on post #1~Completed 8/17/07~

King Kong scares me to death. I hated the ride at Universal Orlando. It was so creepy to see that giant thing move and look right at me! Frankenstein scares the beejeesus out of me, but that's another story).

Luv the pics.

King Kong used to be my favorite ride at US in Orlando...

I think the reality of the New York feel in that ride probably scares you more than KK did ;)

The year FL shut down their King Kong ride my friend Rose and her hubby Ed and my hubby John and me all did the US Halloween Horror Nights. They make the whole park one big haunted house...it's REALLY cool! We got to WALK thru KK! If you think seeing him eye to eye is daunting, you should try standing at his feet and looking up at him!

Now that Blue is posted I know everybody is all caught up right?

HEY!!! :mad:

tiggerwannabe said:
:duck: LYMI Blue! :hug:

Okay then :hug:

Actually, I'd like to thank you for slowing down with the chapters. I find it too hard to keep up with the quick reports :rolleyes:

tiggerwannabe said:
I have lots more where those came from...stay tuned for more...

Good stuff :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo:

Staying tuned :3dglasses

The tour is now taking us inside another "Hot Set"

in layman's terms that means working or active...

anybody who has been to Universal in Florida recognize this scene?

We did too...

DSC_0581.jpg

for those who didn't, this is the subway scene in Earthquake...

DSC_0582.jpg

it's ALOT like the FL one except we are in a real tram instead of taking the subway car...and there is no preshow in this one, I guess cause it's all show :confused3

Lookout! More water!!!

DSC_0583.jpg

Next up, Amity Island...Looks like someone caught a purty big shark recently...

DSC_0584.jpg

There's a diver in the water, the tram driver says he's looking for the person missing off that police boat...

DSC_0585.jpg

Oh No! The water's churning an awful lot around that diver!

DSC_0586-1.jpg

there's blood coming up outta the water!

DSC_0586.jpg

there's something under there reaking havoc on everything!

DSC_0587.jpg

aaaaaaaand here he comes now!

DSC_0588.jpg

I was so worried being in the back of the tram that I'd miss the money shot... I was worng!

This shark can stay above water the whole length of our vehicle...

I got the Money Shot!

DSC_0589.jpg

As we leave Amity Island, having survived King Kong, a Flood, dueling hot rods an earthquake and a shark...we head into none other than....

Wysteria Lane....

The tram driver tells us that all of these are facades except for Edie's house.

Take a ride with me down Wisteria Lane...

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

...can you believe we've done all of this so far and the tour is still not quite over...

After Desperate Housewives we visit Whoville...

these houses were carved out of styrofoam, pretty cool~

DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0605.jpg

Then we turn the corner and are suddenly looking upon the Bates Motel!

DSC_0606.jpg

Universal in Orlando used to have the house near the ET ride but took it out when they built Islands of Adventure...

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0608.jpg

This set is for a disaster movie...if anyone knows which one please tell me cause I, for the life of me, can't remember what one the guide said it was :confused3

DSC_0609.jpg

I totally had to get a shot of the legs hanging out of the window, if it weren't such a gory set up, this would be hilarious...

DSC_0611.jpg

the details of this crash are remarkable!

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

I remembered this cabin from a John Candy, Dan Akroyd movie...according to the tour guide this cabin has been used in tons of movies.

DSC_0614.jpg

The next two pictures are of a set in the making...

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

We went thru a cave used in the Mummy movies with Brendon Frazier, I have no idea why I didn't take any pictures of it~It's really cool and almost surreal, nothing like the Mummy experience in Orlando.

My Brittany is really into Marley music right now and remarked at the street on the tour named after him. This shot's for her~

DSC_0617.jpg

The weather during our trip was so hazy that we never got a good view of the Hollywood sign...so thru the magic of Universal Studios Hollywood, we still got a great group shot right in front of it!

DSC_0618.jpg

...we are finally finished the tour and off to see the rest of the park...

Universal Hollywood is small by Florida's standards, with the exception of the backlot tour. It's a really cool park, if you plan it right and don't have any lines (we experienced none) it can absolutely be done in one day.

After the tour we spotted Sponge Bob!

We gotta have a picture with Sponge Bob!

DSC_0619.jpg

and then we found Donkey running his very own waffle stand. Brittany wasn't so eager to get in this one..

my camera was acting stupid and took so long to take the shot that Donkey remarked at me that his cheeks were hurtin from having to hold the smile, he said something like "whatta you got, a squirrel in there chiseling out that picture?"

DSC_0620.jpg

The Hollywood House of Horrors was just opening up for the next tour, the girls and Rose are rediculously into horror flicks...so in we go!

DSC_0621.jpg

Some of the displays in the front were really interesting...

DSC_0624.jpg

the pictures were awesome!

DSC_0625.jpg

There were bits and pieces all over from different movies~

DSC_0626.jpg

Some of the faces here are Alfred Hitchcock, Brendan Frazier, Lon Chaney and even Bruce Campbell

DSC_0627.jpg

the voodoo for dummies book was too funny!

DSC_0628.jpg

All the interesting stuff is up front, the rest of this is simply-

A Haunted House!

DSC_0629.jpg

I took these without any flash,

I was impressed with how clear the second pic came out.

DSC_0630.jpg

the girls really had a good time in there,

this guy at the end was Bonus!

DSC_0631.jpg

We wandered around a little and decided it was time to hit the big rides!

DSC_0632.jpg

these were some of our favorite cars...

DSC_0633.jpg

there are alot of cardboard characters around the studios you can take your pictures with. This was the only cardboard guy I got a shot of~

DSC_0634.jpg

you have to take like four flights of escalators to get down to the lower lot...here's the view from about halfway down~

DSC_0635.jpg

Jurassic Park was first on our list...

DSC_0636.jpg

then we headed in to ride the Mummy.

Both rides are very similar to the Florida ones, and yet totally different~

DSC_0637.jpg

This Lady is our Idol!

The girls Love Lucy, my Brittany even has a poster of Lucy in her room!

DSC_0638.jpg

I still have lots to share...there's more Universal coming up, the horror makeup show, Backdraft, Waterworld and some amazing animals. We head out of Universal, shopping all the way thru Citywalk and bid our last adieu to LA...

I am loving your trip report! :goodvibes By the way, I think that movie set with the airplane crash is War of the Worlds, but I could be wrong.

WOW!!! very cool photos....haven't been to Universal since we went in FL in 11/04 - guess my next trip down to LA deserves a 'stop' - they have really changed the backlot tour ALOT..but then again so much is the same as well....so they're just added to it!!!

That backlot tour looks fantastic..

The house of horrors was set up as a Van Helsing haunted house when we were there in October of 04

Tanya

I am happy to see so many of you enjoying my trippie :goodvibes:

I'll be back with LOTS more, RL is intervening this week tho, the next update will probably be over the weekend.

Work has been busy; I am the merchandiser for three stores in NJ and am in the process of re-merchandising a renovated skate park for its reopening on Friday. busy busy busy...I'm always here, lurking-and enjoying ALL the replies-keep em coming!

~TWB~

I am happy to see so many of you enjoying my trippie :goodvibes:

I'll be back with LOTS more, RL is intervening this week tho, the next update will probably be over the weekend.

Work has been busy; I am the merchandiser for three stores in NJ and am in the process of re-merchandising a renovated skate park for its reopening on Friday. busy busy busy...I'm always here, lurking-and enjoying ALL the replies-keep em coming!

~TWB~

YES - TAKE A BREAK - will ya!

I load the page, 7 or 8 pictures show up and then I get the red X's so I have to refresh. This goes on and on until all of the pictures finally load :headache:

So far, I've seen whoville and bates motel and I'm still missing the previous page.

I'm loving what I've seen to date :thumbsup2

YES - TAKE A BREAK - will ya!

I load the page, 7 or 8 pictures show up and then I get the red X's so I have to refresh. This goes on and on until all of the pictures finally load :headache:

So far, I've seen whoville and bates motel and I'm still missing the previous page.

I'm loving what I've seen to date :thumbsup2

Check your PMs~

Cheat sheet sent...

:thumbsup2

:wave:

This is a totally awesome trip report! You rock! I love the fantastic pictures!!! Thanks for writting! I'm greatly enjoying it!!! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter