Calling all January 2011 POP'pers!!!

alaskanmommy

Alaskan Disney Fanatic
:banana:

Hey everyone! I didn't see a January POP thread so here goes............

I will be there from January 19th - February 3rd!! :banana::banana: Soo excited!! It's me my DH, and DD8 (from Alaska) and we're meeting my DS and her BF and their niece 10 (from Connecticut)!!

This will be our first POP adventure and we CAN'T wait!!! :hippie:

Who else is out there??!?

pigletforever: 12/30 - 1/9
devonsmommy: 1/1 - 1/5
mblaesing: 1/2 - 1/7
PurpleTurtle: 1/4 - 1/12Half Marathon
lov2b@disney: 1/5 - 1/10
Joolish1313: 1/5 - 1/11 Half Marathon and birthday :bday:
steventari: 1/7 - /1/18 First family WDW trip!! ::MickeyMo
AnnMarBill: 1/8 - 1/15 DD Birthday :bday:
mattsmom2000: 1/8 - 1/16
NayNayMarie: 1/9 - 1/14
EvilQueensRock: 1/9 - 1/15 DD Birthday :bday:
my4girls10: 1/9 - 1/15
DisneyRon: 1/9 - 1/16
Fantasmiss: 1/9 - 1/22
cntrygal: 1/10 - 1/18 DD 10th Birthday :bday:
IUHoosiers: 1/11 - 1/16 Birthday :bday:
BeckyL620: 1/11 - 1/17
Louise O: 1/11 - 1/17 Anniversary :love2:
kbeels: 1/11 - 1/17
brewhome: 1/11 - 1/18
amandadisney: 1/13 - 1/18 Engagement celebration
Jules~Marie: 1/14 - 1/16 Wedding :bride:
at2002: 1/15 - 1/19
moto10mom: 1/17 - 1/21
pooh4me: 1/17 - 1/31 (Ft. Wilderness cabins)
alaskanmommy: 1/19-2/3 Anniversary :love2: and DH Birthday :bday:
danielephant: 1/21 - 1/25 Birthday :bday: and Kid's First Trip! ::MickeyMo
carebee21: 1/21 - 2/3
jesemeca: 1/22 - 1/29Birthday :bday:
~disneydiva~: 1/22 - 1/29
wyvernhero: 1/22 - 1/28 DW Birthday :bday:
Momto2PrncChrmgs: 1/22 - 1/29 DH Birthday :bday:
Coconuts: 1/22 - 1/30DS10 Birthday :bday:
minandmick: 1/22 - 2/3DH Birthday and Aniversary
MelliRobi2: 1/23 - 2/5 DD Birthday :bday:
rjmum: 1/24 - 1/29
Simplyred: 1/24 - 1/31 DH Birthday
studentmom: 1/25 - 2/3
GoofyVette: 1/25 - 3/2 Anniversary :love2:
dmoore718: 1/26 - 2/2
Jasmin1: 1/27 - 2/5
momof2pirates: 1/28 - 2/4
Boog's Mommy: 1/29 - 2/4
Bridget375: 1/29 - 2/6 DS6 Birthday :bday:
Nadjalu: 1/30 - 2/5 Anniversary :love2:
mrsmom: 1/30 - 2/6
mrsmom's Birthday :bday:

*Sorry about the lack of smilies for the newly added, they will only let me post 25.

We are staying at POP JAn 10-18th for my daughters 10th Birthday but it is still a secret and i plan on keeping it that way till xmas morning. Wish me luck with that part

We are staying at POP JAn 10-18th for my daughters 10th Birthday but it is still a secret and i plan on keeping it that way till xmas morning. Wish me luck with that part

So you'll be warming up WDW and POP for us!! Good luck with that secret! :worship:I could NEVER pull that off as I get way too excited I have to share with my DD8!!:yay:

THe secret is killing me, we do talk about when we go again, she thinks i am thinking about going next fall for food and wine festival. So we can talk about where we want to eat and stay, she just doesnt know that i have already made all of thise arrangement. 21 ADR's, including 4 character meals, 3 signature meals.

I guess being able to talk about it would make it easier! :goodvibes

So I finally booked our package yesterday!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Woot Woot!!

Just bumping. Packages are out! Do we have any more January 2011 POP'ers out there?:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Myself, DH, DD10 & DD5 will be going Jan. 11th - 17th. We already have our POP reservations & our ADRs, now just hoping for some kind of pricing/dining deal for the icing on the cake!!

Myself, DH, DD10 & DD5 will be going Jan. 11th - 17th. We already have our POP reservations & our ADRs, now just hoping for some kind of pricing/dining deal for the icing on the cake!!
Woot woot!1 :cool1: Welcome Louise O and family!

Have you ever stayed at POP before? This will be our first time!!:banana:

:welcome:

You can add us to the list! Booked POP this morning for January 11-16. Free Dining! :cheer2:

Congratulation!!! Welcome IUHoosiers!!! :banana: I just changed my reservation to free dining as well! What a great savings!! :wizard::wizard:

I have a feeling we will be getting a few more additions to this thread because of the new discounts out today!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Will be arriving on Jan 30, staying till Feb 5.

Staying at POP, which for those of you who haven't yet....it is a fabulous resort! We love it there. This will be our third time, don't care to stay anywhere else. Well maybe Contemporary someday and only once, just because it was "Walt's resort", but other than that POP is it.

Will sit and watch airfares and get ready......:banana:

Woot woot!1 :cool1: Welcome Louise O and family!

Have you ever stayed at POP before? This will be our first time!!:banana:

Yes we stayed at POP in April '07 & August '08. Can't wait to get back, cause we love staying there!!!! :love:

We just updated our reservations with the FD deal. Staying 6 nights, 5 day hopper & upgraded dining from QS to regular DP...SAVED $700!!!! :yay: Now the countdown really starts!!

Now all I will be stressing about is what the weather is going to be like. We have never been there in Jan, so hoping it isn't really cold! We will be driving down from SC, so unless things are really bad it should atleast be warmer down there!!

I updated our reservation to include the free dining deal, but updated from the QS dining to the Deluxe dining and save a bunch over the orginally booked trip with reg dining

Will be arriving on Jan 30, staying till Feb 5.

Staying at POP, which for those of you who haven't yet....it is a fabulous resort! We love it there. This will be our third time, don't care to stay anywhere else. Well maybe Contemporary someday and only once, just because it was "Walt's resort", but other than that POP is it.

Will sit and watch airfares and get ready......:banana:

You're the first group who will be there for several of the same days as my monkey bunch! party:

We're so excited to stay at POP, we were to stay there last trip but a great discount came out for ASMu and we jumped ship! I'm standing firm this time though. We have stayed at CBR quite a bit as well but since we tried value it just doesn't seem smart to spend the extra $$ on a hotel room. We loved ASMu and can't wait for our POP experience!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

We are requesting adjoined rooms with my sister, her BF and his DN. Does anybody know for a standard room where best to request. We'd like a pool, so not the 70's, even thought I know they are recently refurbed. Any ideas???:surfweb:

Yes we stayed at POP in April '07 & August '08. Can't wait to get back, cause we love staying there!!!! :love:

We just updated our reservations with the FD deal. Staying 6 nights, 5 day hopper & upgraded dining from QS to regular DP...SAVED $700!!!! :yay: Now the countdown really starts!!

Now all I will be stressing about is what the weather is going to be like. We have never been there in Jan, so hoping it isn't really cold! We will be driving down from SC, so unless things are really bad it should atleast be warmer down there!!

We've never been in January either. I hope the weather isn't like last year!?!?!:scared1: We're from AK so the weather should be much improved for us! :banana:

We've been in September, October, November and December. I'm excited to see what January will be like. I'm hoping for less crowded. Last trip we got there just after Thanksgiving and it was BUSY!!:sad2:

Woohoo Free Dining!!! :love:

I updated our reservation to include the free dining deal, but updated from the QS dining to the Deluxe dining and save a bunch over the orginally booked trip with reg dining

My sister and I were hoping for free dining before all of the rumors came out and I basically had told her that Disney had never offered free dining in January so we were pleasantly surprised to say the least!!!:cutie:

So is anybody celebrating anything this trip???party:

We are celebrating a 9 year wedding anniversary and my DH's birthday. (although he just goes to Disney with us because my DD 8 and I want to go!)

we are celebrating my daughters 10th birthday, she just doesnt know anything about the trip yet

We usually "celebrate" something at a few meals. One for each daughter's birthday (Jul & Oct) and then one for our anniversary (Feb). But there is honestly nothing actually happening while we are there in Jan. Thank goodness no one ever acts like they really care if it really is on that day or not! We have fun pretending!! So looks like we will celebrate our almost 11yr anniversary, a 10 1/2 yrs birthday and a 5 1/4 yrs birthday this time ;-)

We will be there for my 35th birthday, but we didn't plan the trip for my birthday. We went this past January around the MLK weekend and enjoyed the crowds and weather so much we decided to make this our annual family vacation! :lovestruc It also works very well with my husband's work schedule and daughter's school schedule.

Last year the really cold weather was the week before our trip, but it was very pleasant while we were there. The crowds were great. We arrived last on the Wed before MLK day, checked into the hotel and headed to Magic Kingdom. At 4PM we walked onto just about every ride (5-10 minute wait max). I think we rode Goofy's Barnstormer (DD's fav!) 5 times in a row with no line! The crowds picked up on Saturday/Sunday, but still very manageable.

This is our first trip to POP, but I think I am going to request a room in the 50's. It looks close to the parking lot (we will have our car) and has the Bowling Pin pool. I am not sure it will be warm enough for swimming. It definitely wasn't warm enough last January. During our Feb. 2008 trip it was a little warmer, but still wasn't "pool weather" for us. Also, we spend very little time at our resort so it is hard to find time to swim. We tend to be gone from 8AM-9PM. We have come to realize that we really don't utilize the resort ammenties. We have stayed at a DVC villa (SSR), a Deluxe (GF), a Mod (CSR) and this will be our first trip to a Value. I think given our preference to spend our times in the parks, the value of POP will work very well for us!

I hope you all enjoy your January trips!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter