Calling all January 2011 POP'pers!!!

Wispering Canyon is a lot of fun, we did it on our last trip. We did alot of the all you can eat places last time, having been traveling with a 17 yr old boy, all they do is eat. Wilderness lodge is beautiful. and am looking forward to the Artist Point, someday I am going to stay there, just as soon as I convince myself to spend that much money per night for a hotel room, when we are at the parks for rope drop and there until after fireworks, and basically only crash there.

You will have fun there......make sure you ask for a large drink for someone at your table.:rotfl:

I think both my Western-loving DH and my DD8 will love Whispering Canyon. It's my DH's kind of food and the antics sound really fun!! (DH loves iced tea so I'm gettin him a big one!:laughing:)

I have yet to visit WL either so I'm looking forward to that as well! I'm with you...... the deluxes are so $$ when all we do is crash there. (we are also commandos like yourself :rolleyes1)

Ok......off to book Whispering Canyon.....................

We will be heading to Pop in January also!! We are staying there from Jan 23 until Feb 5...yay!! We will be celebrating our youngest daughter's 1st Birthday!! Already booked our ADR's and already purchased our flight tickets at $99 each/one way....with the free dining we saved $2800 from our original reservation :cool1: Cannot wait until the holidays are upon us...then things will really start to go fast and I'm ready to be back at WDW!

Driving from South Carolina-DD6(first time) and DD9 second time. So excited! Can't wait. Staying at the POP.

Jan 23 Ohana's dinner 5:15pm
Jan 24 Chef Mickey's breakfast 10:00am
Jan 26 (Payton's Birthday) Akershus lunch 12:25pm
Jan 27 50's Primetime Cafe lunch 11:20am
Jan 28 Liberty Tree Tavern dinner 5:10pm
Jan 29 Tusker House Safari breakfast 8:25am
Jan 30 Garden Grill dinner 5:15pm
Jan 31 Crystal Palace lunch 11:50am
Feb 1 Sci-Fi Dine-In lunch 12:10pm
Feb 2 Ohana's dinner 5:15pm
Feb 3 Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner 6:25pm
Feb 4 1900 Park Fare dinner 6:00pm
Feb 5 Ohana's breakfast 9:30am

Phew! That's all of them....looking forward to eating a whole lot LOL...it's my family's first time staying at Disney...I have gone before on a "ladies'" trip before this in June...and now I'm bringing the crew...loved Pop and I'm looking forward to heading back there :woohoo:

Driving from South Carolina-DD6(first time) and DD9 second time. So excited! Can't wait. Staying at the POP.

Hi neighbor! (We live in Ballentine!!!) When are you heading down to POP? We are driving down Jan 11th - Jan 17th.

Jan 23 Ohana's dinner 5:15pm
Jan 24 Chef Mickey's breakfast 10:00am
Jan 26 (Payton's Birthday) Akershus lunch 12:25pm
Jan 27 50's Primetime Cafe lunch 11:20am
Jan 28 Liberty Tree Tavern dinner 5:10pm
Jan 29 Tusker House Safari breakfast 8:25am
Jan 30 Garden Grill dinner 5:15pm
Jan 31 Crystal Palace lunch 11:50am
Feb 1 Sci-Fi Dine-In lunch 12:10pm
Feb 2 Ohana's dinner 5:15pm
Feb 3 Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner 6:25pm
Feb 4 1900 Park Fare dinner 6:00pm
Feb 5 Ohana's breakfast 9:30am

Phew! That's all of them....looking forward to eating a whole lot LOL...it's my family's first time staying at Disney...I have gone before on a "ladies'" trip before this in June...and now I'm bringing the crew...loved Pop and I'm looking forward to heading back there :woohoo:

See you at Ohana's on Feb 2. We have a 5:25 reservation that I just added last night :wave2::wave2:

Are any of you decorating your windows?

I saw this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1867638&page=13 and thought it was so cute. I think DS & I are going to try to do something cute in our window...

We've never decorated our window before but we have done our door on a Disney cruise. I assume it's pretty similar!! :goodvibes

It might be fun! Maybe I can get my hands on a new photoshop (give me a good excuse to procure one!) and I could design a logo for us DIS POP'ers to put in our windows??

We will also make a few t-shirts as well we did that last time and it was really fun! There are some great DIS'igners on these boards. :wizard:

We will be heading to Pop in January also!! We are staying there from Jan 23 until Feb 5...yay!! We will be celebrating our youngest daughter's 1st Birthday!! Already booked our ADR's and already purchased our flight tickets at $99 each/one way....with the free dining we saved $2800 from our original reservation :cool1: Cannot wait until the holidays are upon us...then things will really start to go fast and I'm ready to be back at WDW!

WELCOME MelliRobi2!!! :wizard: That's quite the big family you are taking to Disney! I thought I was happy with the free dining offer! :lmao: Nice deal on the flight as well! What a big savings!1 :woohoo: I agree come-on holidays and then.............DISNEY!! Woot woot!

Welcome BecklL620!!!!! :wizard::wizard: Your DD6 will have such a blast her first time! What a celebration!! :cheer2: Dont' forgot to get her the 1st time button. :thumbsup2

Hi neighbor! (We live in Ballentine!!!) When are you heading down to POP? We are driving down Jan 11th - Jan 17th.

The same exact time! Not looking forward to the long car drive though. We may let our oldest do half a day that day. Her grades are usually great so we may get on the road early. I guess you guys have the long weekend off too.

Yes we are leaving around noon or so, letting our oldest (DD10) go to school half a day too! She has a half day Thursday and is off Friday & Monday, so we thought it was the best option for us! Not sure what we will do next year when DD5 is in school too! We really don't like fighting the crowds during school vacations! Maybe we will see y'all while we are there!! You can check out our ADR's on page 3 here & see if we might be the same place at the same time :woohoo:

Yes we are leaving around noon or so, letting our oldest (DD10) go to school half a day too! She has a half day Thursday and is off Friday & Monday, so we thought it was the best option for us! Not sure what we will do next year when DD5 is in school too! We really don't like fighting the crowds during school vacations! Maybe we will see y'all while we are there!! You can check out our ADR's on page 3 here & see if we might be the same place at the same time :woohoo:

We don't have the dining plan right now but are still debating on getting it. Right now I only have reservations for O'hana and a character breakfast at Epcot. Based on the price of those two alone we may switch over to free dining. We went with the 24% off for now and our room is only 541. It has been 7 years since we have been so I don't know all the ins and outs of everything.

The wonderfully nice lady when I called for my ADR's told me DDP covers the Fantasmic Package, so I hope she was right! We have never done it, but I have read on here of lots that have and they say it is the only way to go if you have kids that hate waiting in lines. With my DD4, we definitely qualify for that!! So we are going to try it. Last week, they still had some of these reservations available too, but everyone says they go quick! You have to call to make the ADR, but I really think it is going to be worth it. I would much rather be able to show up only 30mins before the show to be seated, instead of 1+hrs.

Thanks for letting me know this Louise O. I finally got around to calling today and changed our reservation from Sci Fi to Mama Melrose's with the Fantasmic package.

My sister also decided she's going to come stay with us for a week, so I had to add another person to all of my reservations and re-work my room reservations :eek: It was kind of a pain trying to do it and figure everything out, but I think we have it all figured out...

:welcome: devonsmommy! You will definitely be the first of the group in Jan!! Have you ever been during that time of year?

Happy planning!!:wizard:

THANKS!
No, I have never been there at that time. I have been only in the summer and in the fall for free dining. However, I couldn't pass it up because it's a gift from my in laws. :lovestruc

ADR's as of now-January
12th Breakfast Cinderella's Royal Table
13th Nothing
14th Dinner at Sci-Fi
15th Lunch Yak and Yeti
Dinner-O'hana(my birthday!)
16th Lunch-Le Chef's de France

Haven't decided on counter service yet.:yay:

THANKS!
No, I have never been there at that time. I have been only in the summer and in the fall for free dining. However, I couldn't pass it up because it's a gift from my in laws. :lovestruc

What a gift!!! :thumbsup2 That's my kind of inlaws! :worship: I hope you guys have a fantastic trip!

My DH & I will be there 5-11 for my first Half Marathon and 30th bday :-)

Thirteen point one
here I come!

Welcome, welcome, welcome Joolish1313!! :yay: What a celebration your first 13.1 and your 30th!!!:woohoo: I'm assuming your currently training....................:scared1:

Here's to the time going quickly until everyone's WDW trips!!!:dance3::cheer2::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter