Cam & Howard's Vow Renewal PJ -1/12/09 - WP&WH--p.98: TRIP REPORT BEGINS

Hi, guys! Sorry I haven't been around. Have been so busy with work and I'd promised myself I'd get all our thank-yous done before I did more of the TR here. Well, the Thank-you's are well under way, and then I have to find a couple more pictures and put together our package to send to Stan for our video, and THEN I am going to work on the TR.

I think I was a little overwhelmed (okay, a LOT overwhelmed) to get CDs containing over 3600 images from Randy and trying to decide what to upload to include in the TR.

AND our friend Kathy has some of the best pictures taken of the entire day and I need to get them from her to include some here, too. She captured moments that no one else was around to see and moments that few people know me well enough to have noticed. I can't wait to share them here.

I am off to WDW for a long weekend with my dear "Minnie Girls" and am so outrageously excited about it. I will catch up here soon. Thank you all for caring! :grouphug:

Don't worry, we understand. After all I'm still working on my honeymoon report a year after :goodvibes Have a wonderful time this weekend :smickey:

Cam,

Have a wonderful trip!!! Don't worry, we will be waiting patiently for your return...:)

I just wanted to thank you for sharing so much of yourself and your vow renewal. Looking forward to whenever you have the time to finish the romatic adventure. :hug:

Angel16

I am so excited to have finally sent our materials to Stan for him to do our video. We had fun choosing the music for the montage at the beginning and some instrumentals for througout the rest of the video. I am really hoping it won't take very long to get the finished product. I can't believe that it has been more than 9 months since our VR!! I still remember it like it was yesterday.

My goal for the weekend is to start going through the over 3600 images that Randy sent us on CDs and start picking out the best. When we have glanced through them, I was amazed at how many images there are of each shot, each just a bit different as far as lighting, angle, etc. I know that it will take us literally hours to go through them and choose our favorites. This is the first weekend since the VR that we have nothing on our calendar. Isn't that ridiculous? No marching band activities, no house guests, no place we have to be. I am really hoping to settle in, in a comfortable pair of lounge pants and my "Disney Fairy Tale Bride" shirt with lots of good coffee and playing my ipod playlists that I created titled "Dessert Party", "Wedding Morning", "CD for DJ", "Honeymoon", and "for Stan". It will be so much fun!!!! :cloud9:

I'll definitely be back next week to post a ton of wonderful "art" created by Randy and our many friends who have blessed us by sharing the pictures they took. :grouphug:

yay Cam!! Have a great weekend working on your pictures!! just make sure you don't make plans between now and friday!

Thanks, Meg!! I hope I look half as gorgeous in my pictures as you do in yours.

Jen -- You know me so well, sweetie!! LOL! It is so hard when there are so few hours to do the fun stuff. :)

Ok Cam - you are a better person then I am. I still have not gotten all my stuff to Stan. I swore I would a few weeks ago and then started a new temp job and have not had the time. Can't wait to read more.

Linda

Linda - I am so mad at myself for procrastinating so long, because Bonnie said to be prepared not to have it before Christmas. It took us a while to find time to sit down and listen to LOTS of music before we found what we wanted. Instrumentals were difficult because we had to find a version we liked of songs we wanted. I ended up buying many pieces on itunes that we didn't end up choosing because the composition wasn't quite right. And for some of the songs, we edited out the introductory bars if we didn't like them.

The worst of it came when I tried to find my baby pictures and came face to face with boxes of stuff I "inherited" from my parents' house when they died 16 days apart in 2005. For some reason, that process was sadder than I'd ever anticipated and it was rough going for a while. After going through many boxes, I had to conclude that I may never find any of my baby pictures. So, in light of that sad realization and since this was a vow renewal and not a wedding, we decided to start the picture montage with the weekend we met, then our engagement picture, our wedding picture, one of Jenn at 7 months, one of Andrew at 8 months, and a family portrait on the Disney Wonder summer 2008.

Getting everything to Stan also forced me to finally unpack some of the stuff we brought back from Orlando in January (LOL!) to find one of our invitations to include in the package. Pulling it all together was quite the experience!

I'll let you know when Stan sends the final product, so you can estimate how long it is taking. I fed exed everything to STVS and they got it all on October 23. Hey, maybe I should sent up a "wedding video watch". ;)

I'm about to start reading through this whole thread!
I'm looking forward to it! From what i see, you looked very beautiful!

Hey Cam - one of the things I was waiting for was I have a picture of me at around age 5 on a horse. When Sheldon and I first got together we found out that he had a picture of him at about age 5 on a horse. Now, we both grew up in the city and way back when there used to be a man that walked around with a horse (ok maybe a pony) and took your photo on the horse - generally infront of your house. We had those photos of us in a double frame for many years and then the frame broke and we put it away SOMEWHERE. We really wanted those two photos in our photo montage at the beginning of our video. I could not find it for anything. I looked in every closet, drawer, in the attic and everywhere. I finally found it about two weeks ago in the back of a drawer. It was in a single frame with Sheldon's picture. Sure enough, my picture was hidden behind his picture. Now I can finally get all the photos to Stan.

Sorry to hear it was so hard going through all your photos but I am sure it is a good thing also. I lost my mom 4 years ago and I found some great photos of the two of us from when I was around 2 years old. One of those is definately going in the montage.

I feel so bad about Stan and Bonnie. Hopefully I will call them by the end of the week and let them know what we are up to. I would love to get the video before the holidays. Keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us.

Linda

Linda -- I remember you telling me about those "pony" pictures when we all had lunch together back before your wedding. :) I am SOOOO glad you found them and can include them in the montage. Have you decided on the music yet?

LKD-- Thank you for reading!! It's wonderful to have you here. Welcome to the DISBoards!!! :sunny:

Not 100% yet. For the montage we were thinking about the Kodak song - the one that used to play before "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience". I also have a song on a Disney CD (can't think of the name of it at the moment) that I really like.

We definately have to do lunch again with our Misty pictures and your Stan pictures. I saw on some thread that you know Lisa. We were going to try to meet last year - they were married in October on the DCL and we were down there when they got off the boat but we never ended up getting together. Would love to meet her one day also.

Linda

Not 100% yet. For the montage we were thinking about the Kodak song - the one that used to play before "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience". I also have a song on a Disney CD (can't think of the name of it at the moment) that I really like.

We definately have to do lunch again with our Misty pictures and your Stan pictures. I saw on some thread that you know Lisa. We were going to try to meet last year - they were married in October on the DCL and we were down there when they got off the boat but we never ended up getting together. Would love to meet her one day also.

Linda

I like your ideas for music. :)

I can't wait to see more of your pictures! Howard and I still have to decide which of our Magic Kingdom photos we want to have printed for home and our offices.

Oh, you HAVE to meet Lisa!! She is such an absolute darling!!! I felt like I'd known her forever before I met her on July 11 and then once I met her, I realized she was even more wonderful than I'd thought. We definitely have to plan a get-together. Patty (pjstevens) is one of my dearest friends and lives near me; it would be so great if we could coordinate a time for the four of us to get together and share pictures.

Sounds good to me. I think Lisa might be in Disney now - or soon. We were going to try to meet up down there but we are now not going down until February.

Linda

My husband and I are renewing our vow this dec.We bought matching micky mouse shirts for me my husband and 2 kids.I want us to wear these hats that my daughter and I bought whne we were in dsineyworld in 2008 but dieny won't shipp personalized hats.The hats were blue and the ears had mickey and goofy and the front had a patch that said 2008.But cause thats a personalized hat disneyworld won"t mail them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter