Came back from BWV on Saturday

all4fun

DIS Veteran
We were actually due to come home on the evening of Tuesday the 11th.

Needless to say, our flight didn't leave.

We were at the MGM studios on our way to ride Star Tours for the second time.

When the CM locking up the fastpass machines told us they were evacuating the park, we at first thought they were joking. If only it were true. :(

The CMs did a great job of getting us out of the park quickly and keeping everyone calm.

When we realized that we wouldn't be going home, we called DVC and they really took great care of us!

They gave us a one bedroom of equal value to what we were in for free on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night. We only had to borrow points for Friday's unexpected stay. They also replaced the pass we used on Tuesday.

Because the parks were closed on Tuesday, Disney sent many of the charachters to the lawn on the boardwalk to entertain the kids. It really helped to normalize things there.

I know people like to gripe about Disney trying to nickle and dime people to death, but this really illustrates what a class act they really are.

:smooth:

Thanks for your post. It just reassures me as a DVC member that I am part of a class act and while it may cost a little more to be part of the magic, you DO get what you pay for!!

Now that is good customer service! One of my co-workers was stranded in Las Vegas. She ended up having to stay an additional three days before she and her friends could get home. She received NO discount, NO consideration at all.

Bravo WDW and DVC!

Thank you for sharing your positive comments/thoughts about how Disney provided good guest service to their guests. Glad you arrived home safely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter