Came back Wednesday night from DL(some great tips included)

Chocolate lover

Mouseketeer
and the only thing I can say is I want to go back and enjoy the heat! We landed in -17 degrees in Canada, fresh snow and cold!

For anyone thinking of booking Fantasmic Balcony seating all I can say is go for it! We had vacation planning book us balcony seating, we got seated in the front row and wow, wow, wow, what an experience. It was wonderful what a beautiful show. We walked, shopped, ate, rode rides, and had a great time for 5 solid days before Thanksgiving. We walked on to POTC, Haunted Mansion, Grizzly River Run, Buzz Lightyear, Snow White, Peter Pan (once), Pinnochio, Dumbo, Mr. Toad, it was amazing! Vacation Planning out did themselves, we had water side seating for Blue Bayou, they made us Rainforest Cafe reservations, Character Breakfast and of course the Fantasmic seating, gift baskets were in the room with rice krispie treats, chocolate covered strawberries and even autographed pictures for all of the kids in our party.

We were able to ride the Grizzly River Ride three times in a row one evening, as we were soaked on the first run what was two more runs going to do to us and besides no one was in line. By the third trip the CM's realized we were a bunch of crazy canadians! They were great. With the assistance of two boys in our party we were able to be on the first trip through Indiana Jones one day, that was a neat feeling.

We managed to come home with the same number of kids as we left with and get this we came home with American Money that we didn't spend! How did that happen? Well let me tell you, last year the gift shop in Paradise Pier sold luggage, and this year they didn't so I had to curb my spending! I was only able to bring down one empty bag this year. I could not find luggage available to purchase anywhere.

Oh one last mental note, do not take your kids to have their portraits painted in New Orleans Area when they are tired! WE did and the picture just doesn't look like our kids, that is something that should be done when the children are wide eyed and raring to go, not exhausted from 12 hours of walking the day before!

Pin trading was a hit with the kids in our party. To get started my nephew bought some pins at the Rainforest Cafe in the clearance bin, we could trade these in Disneyland but some people would not trade them in California Adventure. Cast Members were great with the kids when it came to trading pins. We managed to get some no available to purchase pins.

Thanks to all who post on this site, the information we found for this trip was extremely helpful. Under my user name it may show me as a new poster but I am not. Due to an issue with a stalking family member I had to change my user name.

Wow, sounds like you all had a really wonderful time. Thanks for the great tips and the review. Did you stay on site? If so what were your thoughts of the hotel? We'll be at GCH in December and I've been wondering what "goodies" to get for the room on checkin. I like your idea about a basket with treats and signed pictires. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. aloha.

We stayed at Paradise Pier. We had a park view room and it was awesome, other members of our party were on a lower floor but could see the fireworks from their room. I like Paradise Pier because it is quiet and the beds are so comfy.

We have decided to stay away from the park for possibly 5 years now as we went this year and last year. I am not sure we will be able to handle a 5 year break though.

What is vacation planning? Is it software? Or a service provided by disney?
This is the first I've heard of it!
Thanks,
Liz
(a fellow Canuck going down in March!)

Chocolate lover said:
We have decided to stay away from the park for possibly 5 years now as we went this year and last year. I am not sure we will be able to handle a 5 year break though.
Maybe in between DL trips you could try WDW. Just give yourself plenty of time , we try for a minimum of 2 days per park.

Great report sounds like a magical trip.

Sounds like you had a great time! Where do you get the information on booking seats for Fantasmic? This is our very first trip (Dec 28-Jan3) and I didn't know we could book seats! Actually, I don't even know for sure what Fantasmic is - is it the light/water show? If we don't book seats, do we just find a place to stand?

Thanks!

Lizzzys said:
What is vacation planning? Is it software? Or a service provided by disney?
This is the first I've heard of it!
Thanks,
Liz
(a fellow Canuck going down in March!)
Lizzzys, it's a service. Someone said it was available to only guests staying onsite, but I don't believe that's true. Anyway, you can call and they will arrange tickets for Fantasmic balcony seating, character meals, tours, etc. They also sell gift baskets, but I believe those are available for delivery only to an onsite property.

Oh the painting. I never thought of doing that. How long does it take and what is the cost?

Alex2kMommy said:
Lizzzys, it's a service. Someone said it was available to only guests staying onsite, but I don't believe that's true. Anyway, you can call and they will arrange tickets for Fantasmic balcony seating, character meals, tours, etc. They also sell gift baskets, but I believe those are available for delivery only to an onsite property.

Ok, who do I call?

Hey another Canadian here (it's -18 here in Alberta but the weather guy said to consider it -42 with nasty left over moisture and wind chill). When we got back from Flordia we put all the leftover funds in a US money savings account. It's worked really well to help us save for our next vacation. Once it's in US Funds it's not like real money at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter