• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camera Case - Security Chek

Mickey Johnson

Earning My Ears
Hey

We normally don’t bring a camera anymore, we prefer to record everything we can. We also use the photo pass memory maker for our actual photos. Having said that, I plan on brining 2 gopros with me. Want to mount on on the stroller and one to carry around. How does security verify and go through your camera case? Are they going to look at me like a crazy because I have 2? And what about the holders, I have a mini tripod and than a handle (because you can just unscrew to switch)

Anyone with experience and advice? We just love recording the moments to enjoy later instead of just capturing them.

Even if it’s a tripod? Technically all tripods pull out. So you could hold like a stick I suppose.

I just dont want to get in trouble. It’s just nice having a tripod.

Even if it’s a tripod? Technically all tripods pull out. So you could hold like a stick I suppose.

I just dont want to get in trouble. It’s just nice having a tripod.

I took a tripod into all parks except HS on a couple of occasions about 2 weeks ago and had no problems at all. It was in it's own bag and they checked it briefly but didn't seem at all phased by it.

My DH always brings a camera bag with lenses and a tripod. They have never said anything him. Most of the stuff stays in a locker until fireworks time, though.

Didn’t want to start an new convo. Trip coming up soon. Just wondering if security has been more picky as of late or if I have a handle for stabilizer purposes they should let me enter the park with it.

If you're talking about the four inch go pro handle, that would be fine. Not a long selfie stick, though.

I thought selfie sticks, the long telescoping ones, were prohibited. But I've seen more than a few in the parks this week, having almost been smacked in the head with one. Annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter