Can anyone tell me if there is actually an issue with waist size and fitting on rides? 40" waist?

Soulshift

Earning My Ears
Is this a real problem? 40"inch waist? can you squeeze in? Im not sure how serious to take this. It sounds kind of restrictive and small. Anyone of a average size not able to ride from this situation? and how many rides is this really affecting? Me and the wife have been to cedar point in ohio and have rode every single coaster there. Find it wierd that Universal has some crazy rules. Any info will help. I will continue to research this on the web as well. THANKS!

I have gone on rides with others that have a 40+ inch waist

One of my adult sons has gone on rides/coasters with me and it was fine

Well I should correct myself on that statement as he was fine but I got freaked out at the loading dock for RRR so he did the ride without me
Believe his belt size is 44”

You won’t have a problem doing rides at UO

Don't think of it as a "rule". It is a statement to help you avoid wasting time. There are test seats at every ride like this. Gringotts, for example, has a lap pull down only but it must come down to a certain distance to safely lock.

Body shape is more important and can vary. I find it odd they used a specific number but it's not a rule just a guide.

Also if you get the app you can look through each ride and see the ones with possible tight seats.

Gringotts, forbidden journey, Hagrids, Dudley, rip ride, hulk to name a few

Gringotts, forbidden journey, Hagrids, Dudley, rip ride, hulk to name a few

Of those, I would be most concerned about Gringotts. I have a 38" or so waist, and it was a snug fit, but I still fit. Hulk and Forbidden Journey are more concerns with upper body size due to their shoulder harnesses. I have a large chest, so I had to sit in a special "big boy" seat on Hulk, and they barely got the harness around my shoulders, but I still fit.

There are several threads on this as @smiths02 pointed out and typically people give their weight, or measurements. It's more of a guideline and if anything, you can always do a test seat prior to getting onto the attraction as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter