Can Cast members be performers?

TinkerBell210

CP Merchandise Cast Member for Spring 2006!!!
Hey Guys! I am new to this board as of today! I am soo super excited about getting to know you all and then hoping to meet yas for our spring 06 disney experience!!! Ahh- who is counting down the days?!! Anywayz, I just had a question if you know the answer to: Can cast members audition for performance characters, such as singers or dancers and how do you go about that?! Anywayz, thanks for all your help- hope to hear from you guys, get to know ya and hear all about ur WDW experiences! My AIM is PerformerDiva55 if you want to chat.
Bye:
~*joanne :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :moped:

I'm assuming you mean college program cast members, because regular cast members can do everything. And I don't see any CP roles that would encompass a performing role that you would audition for. I know you can audition for a character, but I think that's it. You can perform a lot even if you're not a performer, though, in most of the roles.

Most of the singers and musicians are represented by Equity, a national performer's union. Equity holds auditions once every few months, and notices are posted ... I believe (not sure) that CPs can audition, but that if they're accepted, they'd have to be prepared to stay in Orlando in an non-CP role.

you'd have to leave your CP role, which would be highly unlikely. If offered an Equity contract, you'd have to stay for one year.

You have to be a bit more specific on what you want to do. If you want to be in parades and shows, you can audition to be in entertainment. Otherwise, like Syracuse said, you'd have to audition for the Equity roles.

Thanks Guys!! :) And how would I get more information about Equirty Performers? Thanks GUys- your the best!
:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter