Can I email home from the World?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
I'm staying at ASMu and would like to email family at home. Is there somewhere that I can do this from (not bringing my laptop)?

TIA

You could always go to EPCOT and do a Video Email,we always do this and send it to all our friends and Family back home. I think it is in innoventions.

Yes at Epcot! In the Innoventions pavilions and also in Imagination's Lab works. They both have video e-mail. Its always been a real hit to the family members we send it to at home! :)

Gi

We emailed from Innovations back in October and only 1 person out of the 5 that we sent them to actually got it. I guess the other four are floating out there in cyberworld..... somewhere. :rolleyes: I have heard on this board that it's happened quite frequently. I also think you can email from Disney Quest (4th floor - I believe)

If you do the photo email at Innoventions you can't type messages. It will only email your photo to your selected recipients. If you want to compose and check email try using one of the
AT&T internet phone kiosks. It costs $1.00 for 4 minutes of surf time. These machines accept dollar bills and credit cards.

I'll try it at Epcot, but I'm interested in other days, when we're at other parks/places too.

EpcotFan, where are the phone kiosks located? Sounds like what I need. But then again, how do I quickly log-on and send email to DH at compuserve?

TIA

It took our emails from Epcot 4-5 months to "arrive" home to friends and family. Snail mail is faster than that!!! Cute pics though! Ren

All of the parks have the Internet Kiosks. Guest services should be able to give you the exact locations. They are most likely in restroom-type areas. I believe I remember seeing one near Pirates of the Caribbean in the MK, and near the lockers at the front of the AK.

If you don't already have one, you'll probably have to set-up a free web-based email address at Hotmail or Yahoo which you can use to send your messages. Unless your Internet Provider has it's own web-based email portal, you will not be able to send messages from that address.

Note that the Epcot options listed above are mostly cutsey features you can use to send a photo or brief video to family / friends. You can't really stand at the attraction and type an email message. For that convenience, you'll have to pay $.25 per minute via the kiosks.

The All Star resorts each have one of these phone internet things near the pay phone bank near the front desk, so you'll be able to use it right from your resort. (If you can find a time when it's not being used- I had an awful time trying to find a time when it wasn't being used last time LOL). It accepts both credit cards and dollar bills.

Although the picture IBM e-mail thing at Epcot's Innovations is a one-way deal.

I found that in the space for the name of the person you are sending it to, you can type as much information as you want to.

Just in case you wanted to send a one way message. I just type their name,then comma, then type away.

And I haven't used those internet kiosks before, but I'm sure any castmember could help you.

Disney Quest also has an internet cafe.

Most resorts may have a business office that charge for internet use, too.

Have fun.

Originally posted by monalsw
I'm staying at ASMu and would like to email family at home. Is there somewhere that I can do this from (not bringing my laptop)?

TIA
I'm also staying at ASMu and had meant to ask... is there a way to use a laptop from our rooms there? All I have read online is something about a data port. What is that? Does it mean I can hook up on my laptop? What if I don't use dialup service? (I use cable modem here at home with pc and honestly don't even use my laptop for internet use much at all)

???
Just curious... if not, then this thread was definitely helpful. ;)

I don't know if this is helpful, but at the WDW Dolphin Resort, I always use their dataport on their phone to hook up my WebTV for internet access. I can use a local number for up to 59 minutes at a time without an extra charge. Then I hang up and dial again for another 59 minutes. I can still use the phone while on the internet.

But I don't know how the WDW All-Star Resorts charge for phone calls. If they charge by the minute or if they charge too much.

Maybe someone else can help.

I don't think that they have cable internet hook up in the room.

So ...
A) you'd have to have dialup internet to even be able to use the date port? Am I understanding that right?
and
B) I do believe it's .75 for even local calls at ASMu- I'm not sure about a per minute charge or if that is per call...I just remember something about .75 even for local calls and 800 numbers. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter