Can someone remind me what they use Ziploc bags for???

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I know they have many uses, but I can only think of a couple. I know many people have some great ideas for them, so, can you please share??

Thanks,

Joline:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Pack the kids outfits in them. You can coordinate their outfits ahead fo time so they can get dressed quickly in the morning. Essential for EE!

Put clothes in them and squeeze the air out. This helps to eliminate wrinkles and takes up less space when you pack.

Take to the parks for wet clothes, ponchos, to protect autograph books, cameras, etc. from rain.

Put the ice you use in your cooler for your room in them . No leaks and makes for a quick transfer if you need to take the cooler with you for the day.
Slip it over you video camera if it's raining and go about your filming.
pack all liquid toiletries in them so there are no surprises when you unpack.
put in your backpack at the park with a washcloth to use to cool off with. you can also put your wet clothes after water rides into these once you've changed into clothes you've kept in park locker.
:D

Other uses: personal hygiene products....first aid supplies...and my favorite new tip...use a one gallon zip-lock bag for your camcorder...keeps it dry...but...the best part...you can film all the "wet rides"...including the big drop on Splash Mountain!!!
:bounce:

also.....my hair spray.....my soap.......my hair gel.......hubbies pills and then put them on carry on......extra film for the camera......also put the film in it for the camcorder........for the trip down splash mt.....we found it was to thick....so we borrowed some of the veggie bags from the super market.....and put our camcorder in it and made it go over the lense......we actually asked the produce manager for a few....LOL.....we also used the next size baggies (zip lock)...for snacks.....my shower gel....and shower scrubber.....we use another one for snacks.....for wet clothes and dirty clothes we used the good ol' fashion glad trash bags.....they are easy to keep track of dirty clothes and if any are damp.....they don't touch the inside of the suitcase on the way home.......Wasn't someone fantastic to invent them just for us Disney Folks
:smooth:

I use them for a lot of the tips already mentioned but here is another one..if you buy the cheap ponchoes from the Dollar Stores that come in twos...baggies make a great case for them, they fit perfectly in them, and you can wad them back up and put them in the baggie when they are wet..end of day..dispose of the whole thing if you want...We take a lot of the cheap ponchos all packed in baggies ready to go in fanny packs to the parks.....:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I use the quart ones for snacks like cereal and nuts. I use the gallon ones for wet swim suits when I pool hop as a DVC member or for wet baby clothes.

BTW, I transfer ice from the ice machines to my cooler in the plastic bags from my grocery stop. It's one of the only times I answer "plastic" to the "paper or plastic?" question :).

I read this tip on the old boards:

If you decide to stay in one of the parks for the entire day, or you are staying off site and it is just too much to travel back and forth from the parks to your hotel for a mid day break then:

put some foot powder inside an extra pair of socks and put the socks inside of a plastic baggie (I'd double the baggie). Mid-day you can give your feet a refresher by taking off your shoes and changing socks! Put the dirty socks back in the baggie. That is a great idea for all of those tired tootsies out there!

And bring a couple of unused Ziploc bags to the parks with you. I couldn't finish a very rich dessert I got at Cindy's. They put the extra in a box for me, but it was awkward to carry. Would get mushy wrapped in a napkin, but I could slipi it in a Ziploc bag. Also, made the pastry from the French Bakery much easier to carry (figured this out after one year when I wrapped the pastry in a napkin and couldn't eat the pastry because there were all these shredded pieces of napkin in it).

Great tips. I hope they helped everyone else as well.

Joline

I carry one to put souvenir napkins, maps, etc. in so they won't get messed up.

The gallon size was great for keeping all our Medicines together,for quick use each day!!

We take our own water bottles into the park with us on straps. My kids get tired of only drinking water so we pre-measure koolaid or any other powdered drink mix into snack size bags. All they have to do is pour the mix into their empty bottle, fill with water, shake and enjoy! This was their favorite tip from last year's trip and they've already requested it for this year's! Have fun!!

:p :p :bounce: :p :p

We took some for our cell phones.

I walk to work & found out about a week after getting my new phone that it doesn't like the water when I got drenched on my way into work. I ended up needing a new one. That's also when I learned the difference between water resistant and waterproof jackets. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter