• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we do this (alcohol entitlement question)?

mommyboys3

Mouseketeer
We've had the DDP a bunch of times but this is the first time when alcohol was included. We will have the DDP with 2 adults & 3 "Disney adults". Are all credits still pooled together or is there some indication to the server that the credit is for someone under 21 & therefore isn't eligible for an alcoholic beverage? We usually split a lot of meals (TS & CS) so I'm wondering if I split a meal with my son (who is under 21) can I get an alcoholic beverage for myself if we're technically using his credit? Do they even track alcohol entitlements? I hope I'm explaining myself clearly.

They "track" alcohol in that they will not even serve alcohol today to somebody turning 21 tomorrow.

Adult credits are adult credits, not assigned to specific names. If you are going to share a meal/credit with anyone under 21, YOU place the order.

We've had the DDP a bunch of times but this is the first time when alcohol was included. We will have the DDP with 2 adults & 3 "Disney adults". Are all credits still pooled together or is there some indication to the server that the credit is for someone under 21 & therefore isn't eligible for an alcoholic beverage? We usually split a lot of meals (TS & CS) so I'm wondering if I split a meal with my son (who is under 21) can I get an alcoholic beverage for myself if we're technically using his credit? Do they even track alcohol entitlements? I hope I'm explaining myself clearly.
Yes, you should be able to do this. The adult credit is the same no matter if they're 10 or 50. A person over 21 should have to be the one ordering it though.

I was able to do this at several restaurants. We were straightforward with the servers though: "may I use his drink credit to order myself another glass of wine?", for example. They always said yes.

I was able to do this at several restaurants. We were straightforward with the servers though: "may I use his drink credit to order myself another glass of wine?", for example. They always said yes.

Perhaps CS restaurants. I was not able to do this at any TS restaurants when we ordered meals and ha people under 21 using credits

Perhaps CS restaurants. I was not able to do this at any TS restaurants when we ordered meals and ha people under 21 using credits
@ChrisNY2 could you tell us exactly which restaurants allowed you to do this? For research purposes...
@Nancyg56 could you also tell us which TS restaurants you visited that would not allow this??

If I may ask additionally/expand upon this...

I’m curious if I can do the following: We (2 adults, 2 disney adults 14/12) are likely to grab QS breakfast before heading out to the parks. POR specifically. Can I order two cans/bottles of beer with breakfast with the intention of putting them in my room for later. I’d then purchase other drinks separately. Can I do that or will the cast members not allow it since I have one of the kids with me? Does that make sense?

If I may ask additionally/expand upon this...

I’m curious if I can do the following: We (2 adults, 2 disney adults 14/12) are likely to grab QS breakfast before heading out to the parks. POR specifically. Can I order two cans/bottles of beer with breakfast with the intention of putting them in my room for later. I’d then purchase other drinks separately. Can I do that or will the cast members not allow it since I have one of the kids with me? Does that make sense?
We were able to use our refillable mugs in the morning, get coffee, and use credits for drinks (put in our bag or back in the room). I guess I just assumed I could and did not ask the CM, now I am questioning myself...

We were able to use our refillable mugs in the morning, get coffee, and use credits for drinks (put in our bag or back in the room). I guess I just assumed I could and did not ask the CM, now I am questioning myself...

That’s basically what I’m intending on doing. I’m just concerned that if all 4 of us go through the line together that they will not allow 4 alcoholic beverages since the two kids are not 21+. I’m already going to look like I have a drinking problem trying to check out with a beer at 6am :/

That’s basically what I’m intending on doing. I’m just concerned that if all 4 of us go through the line together that they will not allow 4 alcoholic beverages since the two kids are not 21+. I’m already going to look like I have a drinking problem trying to check out with a beer at 6am :/
With QS, I rarely take everyone through the line, I almost always sent others to find a table and order for everyone. Double check, a lot of places also now have mobile order so they can place the order before too.

@ChrisNY2 could you tell us exactly which restaurants allowed you to do this? For research purposes...
@Nancyg56 could you also tell us which TS restaurants you visited that would not allow this??

I know I had two glasses of wine at Monsieur Paul, two cocktails at Homecomin', and two cocktails at Trattoria al Forno. Of course, it could all depend on the server and managers on duty.

I doubt they'll let you do this. If you have 4 alcoholic beverages, they're probably going to want to see ID for 4 people. They MIGHT only ask for two IDs, but I don't see this working for you. The literature specifically states that the alcoholic beverage is for those 21 and over.

BTW (off topic) if you're using your QS for breakfast every day, what are you doing for your third meal or are you only eating breakfast and one other meal each day?

BTW (off topic) if you're using your QS for breakfast every day, what are you doing for your third meal or are you only eating breakfast and one other meal each day?

Two QS meals and two snacks are plenty for us each day. If they aren't, the MagicBand is connected to the CC! I doubt we will use many QS meals for breakfast anyway as we will likely just get up, grab a quick bite, and get to the buses. I was more curious about whether or not it would be possible to get the beverages. I figured that trying to get 4 would be pushing my luck :)

Skippers
1900 Park Fare
Al Forno

I stopped even teasing after three hard no's. The recipient of the TS credit needs to show a valid ID.
Surprising that @ChrisNY2 was able to use the second drink entitlement at Trattoria Al Forno and you were not! Inconsistencies....

I remember now that at Raglan Road DS just wanted water and our server offered DH a soda with his cocktail "since the little guy isn't using his drink credit." Not the same as an extra alcoholic beverage, but nice to offer.

Surprising that @ChrisNY2 was able to use the second drink entitlement at Trattoria Al Forno and you were not! Inconsistencies....

I remember now that at Raglan Road DS just wanted water and our server offered DH a soda with his cocktail "since the little guy isn't using his drink credit." Not the same as an extra alcoholic beverage, but nice to offer.

My girls were 13. When I traveled with family over 21 I was able to use the alcohol credit. Every server needed a valid ID. If someone was able to find a workaround, that's a bonus, but not one I would count on, and not one I would push the server to do.

At QS locations, adults over 21 may order/pick up 2 adult beverages. You could get 4 drinks for later using 4 meal credits, but would have to have 2 adults check out separately. We have done it with breakfast at Poly, CBR, and ASMu.

I did this the whole week, i would go thru the line to order while others got table and would order alcoholic drinks on all orders(my dd is 19) never a problem, every place we ate. loved the margaritas in mexico @ La Cantina and Deluxe Burger in DS had the best bourbon milkshakes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter