Can you stand during parades? Or are there chairs??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
My DH had hip surgery after an accident and can't sit on the ground. He physically can't get up. I was wondering if he could either stand or if there was somewhere he could sit on a chair. Thanks :-)

No standing, No Chairs, you can stand back behind your fellow guest that are sitting. The issue with this option is that they really frown on standing, and will tell you to move along... they will make a X with their arms, and then point for you go, all very politely.

We have some friends that got something called a health pass, I'm not sure what that is or where you would even get something like that at. She said they would direct them to a small area, they would only let her and DH into the area, not the whole family, they found a bench for them, and the rest of the family sat on the mats that they purchased.

There are designated standing and sitting areas for parades. Standing areas are behind sitting areas but the exact size of these areas varies based on crowd levels. If you are standing outside one of these areas, then CMs will of course tell you to go somewhere else.

While there are no chairs, if you are willing to wait, there are some benches such as around the hub where you can sit to watch parades. People will start sitting on these benches hours before the parades so they are quite difficult to get.

Thanks. He is doing really well aside from this small issue. He wouldn't want to get a health pass as he thinks they are for people with disabilities and wouldn't want to seem disrespectful.

We have watched from a standing area. My husband didn’t want to sit on the ground and we asked a CM for a standing area and they directed us to one. We had a place directly behind sitting people and I actually really liked that view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter