Canadian Buffoon's Exhausted Vacation - Update 09/01 - New TR link!

All your photos are showing for me now. Fingers crossed they are for everyone else now. So I’ve gone back and skimmed everything again with photos. You have some absolutely incredible shots. The chess one is clever. You’ve edited that really well. The photo of the pink flower is really beautiful. ToT photos are really good. And I obviously need to spend some more time (possibly on my solo trip) just wandering AK. There were photos of areas I didn’t recognise.

I’ve also enjoyed the reviews and photos of your F&W choices. I know they may change some for next year but I still like seeing and hearing others’ views.

All your photos are showing for me now.
Good!!!
Fingers crossed they are for everyone else now.
They should be.
I think Photobucket's fixed
their problems.

At least I hope so.
So I’ve gone back and skimmed everything again with photos. You have some absolutely incredible shots.
Thank you! :goodvibes
The chess one is clever.
Thanks. :)
I'm particularly proud
of that one.
You’ve edited that really well.
Thanks again. :)
The photo of the pink flower is really beautiful.
I'm sure many people walked
past it without even seeing it.

ToT photos are really good.
Thank you.
I had fun taking them.

And I obviously need to spend some more time (possibly on my solo trip) just wandering AK. There were photos of areas I didn’t recognise.
There's so much to see
in that park.
It's really growing on me.
I’ve also enjoyed the reviews and photos of your F&W choices. I know they may change some for next year but I still like seeing and hearing others’ views.
I've noticed that while
there are new things...
there's also a lot of
repeats, too.
So you can have favourites
again, while trying new

things too. :)

I love your report and the fact that you do non-ridey things. Your photos are great, especially ToT lobby. I'm going in february as a solo, been 10 times in the past (with and without DSis) and I'm actually worried this time of people staring at the grey haired, 60- something gal who clearly has no family or friends to go to Disney with. It doesn't look like you have these sad thoughts? After all you are from the "west" and we Ontarians have alot of insecurity. I blame the PCs.
And p.s. I was blown away by the size of the space shuttle!

I love your report and the fact that you do non-ridey things.
Thanks!

And... "non-ridey things" may be my
new favourite expression now! :laughing:

:welcome: to the TR! :)
Your photos are great, especially ToT lobby.
Thanks! I had fun shooting those.
I'm going in february as a solo, been 10 times in the past (with and without DSis) and I'm actually worried this time of people staring at the grey haired, 60- something gal who clearly has no family or friends to go to Disney with.
Nah. You'll be fine.
You'll be too busy having a
great time to worry about
anything like that.
And if someone does stare at
you, just do what I do.
I stare right back at them,
snap my teeth together and
threaten to bite them.

Okay. No. I don't do that.
I've never noticed anyone
staring at me, because they're

too busy having fun, too. :)
It doesn't look like you have these sad thoughts?
Nope!
I'm in my happy place.
Ain't got time for that!
And neither should you.

You'll have a wonderful time!
After all you are from the "west" and we Ontarians have alot of insecurity. I blame the PCs.
:lmao:
And p.s. I was blown away by the size of the space shuttle!

Right???
It's like.
"Uh, huh. Yep. Basically a plane....

Holy cow this thing is huge!!!!"

I used to say that, until
I figured out I'm more... vinegar.

:rotfl: :rotfl: I'm gonna tell him that next time he says it lol

Tripod.
High speed shutter.
Multiple exposures.
Combine them all in
Photoshop and process

into a gif.

Oo gotcha. I just got a fancy (For me anyway) camera for the first time and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it! I had some learning to do!

:laughing:
At least you didn't try
to open "your" room.

:rotfl::rotfl:true!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

This is the most recent from Photobucket:

SERVICE DISRUPTION UPDATE 12/24
: Our systems are running through continuous verification processes as they come back online. Unfortunately, this is taking longer than we would like, but we want to confirm everything is cross checked, secure and verified. We do not have a firm completion date, but we are hoping this will be resolved soon. We will report back as progress continues. We apologize for the recent service disruption that you have been experiencing these last few days.

We apologize for the recent service disruption that you have been experiencing these last few days.

We deeply regret that this happened and we are working around the clock to bring photobucket.com back online.

So until that gets resolved...
I can't log in to Photobucket
to upload photos.
At least I couldn't this morning.
Any updates, will just have to wait.

Sorry, kids.

So until that gets resolved...
I can't log in to Photobucket
to upload photos.
At least I couldn't this morning.
Any updates, will just have to wait.

Sorry, kids.

I know this might sound crazy, of course it does it's coming from me, but have you actually tried logging in and using Photobucket?

I haven't been able to see my images, but they are there and uploaded, just not displaying. I did a huge amount of work on my TR yesterday. I use a naming convention for my photos which includes the year, trip abbreviation, date, more descriptor abbreviations, and a counter. (ie. z19LG1007DH11.jpg) While I couldn't see the images themselves in PB, the links for the pictures are still good. Minus the little blip in the images yesterday afternoon, for the most part they are visible and the site is mostly functioning.
I have a separate folder in my pictures folder where I put all the pictures I plan to use in my TRs, due to the naming convention the pictures are sorted in chronological order. So while I'm putting the picture links into my TR prose, I would have the picture I wanted open in another window. So I'd look for the picture (on Photobucket) that the name ends in DH11 if that matched the photo I was looking from my TR folder.

I don't know if this makes sense, or if it could even work for you. I know that we both employ very different approaches to writing our TRs, but I just thought I would let you know that there are workarounds while the site is not functioning at optimal conditions.

So if you're using the site outage as an excuse for not posting, where there's a will there's a way. :laughing:

I know this might sound crazy, of course it does it's coming from me, but have you actually tried logging in and using Photobucket?
I have tried.
I've tried for a couple
days including this morning.
I just get the circle of death
and it never moves off
the login page.
I'll try again this evening
and I will also try logging
in and opening another
tab to see if it connects me

(if the first one doesn't.)
I haven't been able to see my images, but they are there and uploaded, just not displaying.
Yes, mine are displaying too.
I did a huge amount of work on my TR yesterday. I use a naming convention for my photos which includes the year, trip abbreviation, date, more descriptor abbreviations, and a counter. (ie. z19LG1007DH11.jpg) While I couldn't see the images themselves in PB, the links for the pictures are still good. Minus the little blip in the images yesterday afternoon, for the most part they are visible and the site is mostly functioning.
Interesting.
Mine are not named
individually, but they
are in named folders
and are automatically

sorted chronologically.
I have a separate folder in my pictures folder where I put all the pictures I plan to use in my TRs, due to the naming convention the pictures are sorted in chronological order. So while I'm putting the picture links into my TR prose, I would have the picture I wanted open in another window. So I'd look for the picture (on Photobucket) that the name ends in DH11 if that matched the photo I was looking from my TR folder.

I don't know if this makes sense, or if it could even work for you. I know that we both employ very different approaches to writing our TRs, but I just thought I would let you know that there are workarounds while the site is not functioning at optimal conditions.
I can write similarly to what
you describe, but... my photos
aren't uploaded to PB yet.
So even if I write, I still can't
post because the photos

won't be there.
So if you're using the site outage as an excuse for not posting, where there's a will there's a way. :laughing:
Well, there's a will...
But there's no way,
short of using Smugmug

or similar.

If I can't log in, I can't
upload the photos.

I have tried.
I've tried for a couple
days including this morning.
I just get the circle of death
and it never moves off
the login page.

Ah, OK this would be a problem. Do you work from a Mac or PC?

I'll try again this evening
and I will also try logging
in and opening another
tab to see if it connects me

(if the first one doesn't.)

I'm continually logged in so when I go to the photobucket website, I'm automatically at my account.

Yes, mine are displaying too.

What's weird is that I am sitting in bed working on my TR from the phone and I can see the pictures from the PB app.

I can write similarly to what
you describe, but... my photos
aren't uploaded to PB yet.
So even if I write, I still can't
post because the photos

won't be there.

I can see where that would be a problem.

Well, there's a will...
But there's no way,
short of using Smugmug

or similar.

If I can't log in, I can't
upload the photos.

This is true.

I've heard that Macs have extra security features that might keep you from logging in.

You're continuously logged in?
It doesn't log you out... hmmm...
I've never selected (I assume)

the "keep me logged in" option.

I'm continously logged in for most everything but my main bank account and credit cards. I don't have time to remember all the passwords for mundane sites that have no financial impact.

I've heard that Macs have extra security features that might keep you from logging in.
Ah. Hadn't heard that.
I'm continously logged in for most everything but my main bank account and credit cards. I don't have time to remember all the passwords for mundane sites that have no financial impact.
I get that...
Just didn't know that
option was available on PB.

Yes, I know dressage is horse
riding, but it just sounds fancy!
Tell me if you caught that
or knew that.

Of course I know what dressage is - I watch all of the Olympics. Princess Anne was in the Montreal Olympics in the dressage event but alas she did not win a medal.
Fleeing the depraved display
before me, I approached Hoyle
Derrick in all his majesty.
When I think of Hoyle I don't think of trees I think of the Hoyle book of games. I used to have that loaded onto my computer.

I was able to spy a rare Brownschmuck duck;
prized for its golden hued eggs and fatty meat.
You get to see all the rare creatures don't you?

And a simple peasant's abode.
I ruefully shook my head at the
primitive construction.
Nary an air conditioner in sight!
But they have gates to keep them in.

How could these people exist with
such primitive conditions?
Surely, the lifespans of these people
could be measured in mere decades.
But but they have sun umbrellas
I pulled a simple camp hand-meal
out of my pack.
Yummy

DSC08283_zps0yxzpri6.jpg
Look in the same photo you have the person who looks like they are talking on a phone against their ear and the one who is walking while they text.

The first animal we encountered
was the ferocious two-pronged Farsnatte.
I was very glad that the animal appeared
to have eaten recently and had no interest
in us.
OMG this make me think of the House Hippo ads they used to have out for Media awareness.

Of course I know what dressage is - I watch all of the Olympics. Princess Anne was in the Montreal Olympics in the dressage event but alas she did not win a medal.
I do remember that.
I don't know if I watched...
but I do remember her

taking part.
When I think of Hoyle I don't think of trees I think of the Hoyle book of games. I used to have that loaded onto my computer.
Oh, that's right!!
You get to see all the rare creatures don't you?
I'm exceptionally observant.
Except when I'm trying to
find what I'm looking for.

Keys...
Glasses...
Wallet...

Waldo...

But they have gates to keep them in.
Or us out.
But but they have sun umbrellas
Shade... 2nd only to AC.
Look in the same photo you have the person who looks like they are talking on a phone against their ear and the one who is walking while they text.
Yes I see?
OMG this make me think of the House Hippo ads they used to have out for Media awareness.
I remember those!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter