Cancelling July-August trip and borrowed points

mom2missmous

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
There has been so much changing so rapidly and info from so many sources, maybe one of you can help me. We presently have a trip booked at Boulder Ridge with check-in around end of July check out in early August. If I cancel now, will they restore my borrowed sept 2020 use year points back to their original state like some of the current cancellations are doing or is this only for DVC initiated cancellations and will I lose them . We are getting nervous about the state of the resorts even if they do open but we have quite a few points at stake.

call MS & verify

I have an Oct UY for points I’m using for an August booking comprised of a combo of 2019 & 2020 borrowed points.

When i called a few weeks ago, was told I would need to cancel the booking by the end of May (within normal banking period) & bank my 2019 points. They would then manually replace my 2020 points

If DVC/WDW cancels the reservation down the road, all the points would be placed into 2020 UY

In these extenuating circumstances, I do wish they would suspend the normal banking period for those of us holding reservations within the last 4 months of our UY. I’ve travelled for decades during the summer months on two of my contracts that have an Oct UY. Nobody could’ve anticipated this pandemic.

Good luck

I had to cancel an Aug reservation for a few nights on May 5th, and my Dec UY 2020 points were returned on the 8th of May, even though they said it could take 15 days,

Things are changing daily, however, so if you don’t think you are going, cancel now before the temporary policy of returning borrowed points is changed,

I believe that once we find out about when DVC resorts will open back up, this policy will be stopped.

Thanks all! We bit the bullet as they say, and cancelled our reservation for July/August.We lost 45 sept 2019 points, but were told they will in a couple weeks restore our 99 sept 2020 use year points to their prior state. Was painful but necessary 😭

I feel your pain. We had to cancel our October trip. They are suppose to unborrow our points on Tuesday. Our annual passes will expire before we will ever get to go again because of this virus. So sad.

I feel your pain. We are also going to cancel our July/August trip. We used mostly banked points so they will be lost before we can use them. The few current use year points we used can still be banked. Hopefully we can safely return next summer and we’ll have plenty of points to use between our current 2019 points we will bank and our 2020 points we’re yet to get.

Still waiting for our points to be unborrowed. They did say would take a while, but will be uneasy until I actually see it done! Being a teacher, I cannot use rebook for the fall.

When i called a few weeks ago, was told I would need to cancel the booking by the end of May (within normal banking period) & bank my 2019 points. They would then manually replace my 2020 points
If you do call MS to cancel a reservation & are requesting the special accommodation to return borrowed points to your next UY...

Make sure to actually check your DVC account to verify the transaction has posted.

Looked at mine yesterday and borrowed ‘20 points associated with the now cancelled reservation were still sitting in my ‘19 Oct UY.

Turns out they said they had “no note” in my file. Did say they’d put thru the request again but it would take 10 -15 business days.

Phew.

I called MS a few days ago and the CM said the borrowed points would be lost for our August trip if I cancelled. Should I call back? She was nice enough, but she said she had to "call in" and have the transferred points from our cancelled April Vero trip banked- I wonder if she was a third party CM?

I called MS a few days ago and the CM said the borrowed points would be lost for our August trip if I cancelled. Should I call back? She was nice enough, but she said she had to "call in" and have the transferred points from our cancelled April Vero trip banked- I wonder if she was a third party CM?

I would call back. I canceled part of my August trip and the points were returned. Or do it via chat.

I have 230 2018 oct use year points that I have booked for July 4 to11 reservation.
I can't bank these because they where already banked. So if I cancel what will happen and if they camcel what will happen.
If they are open I will be forced to go and being at high risk his is scary

I have 230 2018 oct use year points that I have booked for July 4 to11 reservation.
I can't bank these because they where already banked. So if I cancel what will happen and if they camcel what will happen.
If they are open I will be forced to go and being at high risk his is scary

As of right now, those points will expire as normal...September 30th, 2020.

It won’t matter whether you cancel or Disney does. Now, if Disney remains closed into the fall, then there is a chance they will be extended for 6 months,

Right now, they have extended April and June UY because they actually expired during the closure, If things do not open up until July 1st, it’s possible we will see the extension for Aug UY.

Unfortunately, as long as they open, your points will need to be used. I am sorry that traveling Will be tough, but being a timeshare, there is only so much that Legally can be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter