Candlelight Processional Dining package 2017 Watch -partial Narrator list updated Aug 25th

Has anyone been able to book a CP lunch package at Via Napoli with any show other than the 5:00? I keep refreshing, and I can't get anything beside the 5:00 show.

I also have been searching for a Via Napoli lunch with a later showtime. I've only seen two reservations even pop up for Via Napoli for candlelight lunch, and they were both 5:00. I've tried calling to adjust the showtime, but the CM said the time is tied to the lunch reservation. I'm currently debating between VN and a Biergarten with 6:45 show.

What time do you need to eat to get a 6:45 showtime? I can't find a reservation with that showtime.

What time do you need to eat to get a 6:45 showtime? I can't find a reservation with that showtime.

It's completely random, which from my understanding is different from past years where certain reservation times got you certain shows. There have been breakfast ressies getting the 8:00 show, etc. You really just have to click on the reservation time to see what showtime pops up. For example, my Biergarten ressie at 1:05 gave me the 6:45 time, but my Via Napoli at 2:10 gave me the 5:00.

It's completely random, which from my understanding is different from past years where certain reservation times got you certain shows. There have been breakfast ressies getting the 8:00 show, etc. You really just have to click on the reservation time to see what showtime pops up.

Thanks. I keep seeing 5pm shows and the 8pm show but never the 6:45pm.

Is the 5pm show really that much of a difference?

Thanks. I keep seeing 5pm shows and the 8pm show but never the 6:45pm.

Is the 5pm show really that much of a difference?

This will be my first year attending, and it wasn't until I started researching that I came across all these posts saying the 5:00 isn't as special because it's not completely dark outside yet. So I have no personal experience to go on.

I also have been searching for a Via Napoli lunch with a later showtime. I've only seen two reservations even pop up for Via Napoli for candlelight lunch, and they were both 5:00. I've tried calling to adjust the showtime, but the CM said the time is tied to the lunch reservation. I'm currently debating between VN and a Biergarten with 6:45 show.

I am frustrated. I really want a lunch reservation at VN with either of the last two shows. Right now, I have a 1:30 reservation for three consecutive days in December, but they all have the 5:00 show associated with them.

I am almost ready to throw in the towel on the CP package. How long do you think we need to wait in the stand-by line to get seats for either the 6:45 or 8:00 show? We are available for the CP any night between December 11 and December 14, inclusive. I don't mind waiting an hour+ if that is what it takes.

Last edited:
I have been to the CP once in 2012 and the travel agent suggested the 6:45 show as it is dark/getting dark then. At that time, there were no breakfast offerings and lunch gave you the 5pm show and dinner gave you the 6:45 and 8pm show. So, I automatically chose dinner. Has this changed? I have Chefs de France with a 6:30 show.

I called Disney dining and they were able to get me 645 Showtime. I could only get 5pm online. They had to rebook me, it was easy.

Were there other available reservations for your restaurant? If so, it's possible that they just booked you to another available time with a later show attached to it. In my case there are no other Via Napoli ressies available at all for my dates.

Were there other available reservations for your restaurant? If so, it's possible that they just booked you to another available time with a later show attached to it. In my case there are no other Via Napoli ressies available at all for my dates.
Yes, there were other reservations available at Biergarten. I was rebooked. I hope something opens up for you at Via Napoli!

There is no availability at any restaurant for the date that I want. I have a Via Napoli reservation at 2pm with the 5pm show. It is for NPH so I don't really want to switch days. I guess I can call and see just in case.

Any success with BV/CP package? I've been looking twice a day for 12/2 and nothing.

I tried to read through a bit of this thread, because I didn't want to ask similar questions again. Alas, I couldn't find any answers so maybe y'all could help me with the following:
1. I'm going on a quick, solo 3 day weekend trip the first weekend of December. How are crowds for the CP then?
2. How much time would be wasted in line is if I just did standby? I'm spending one day at Epcot and the other full day at MK, so I don't have a ton of time.
3. How's Whoopi? Some posters don't seem like fans. I am indifferent towards her, but would like to have some thoughts on how she is as a narrator.
Thanks everyone!

I tried to read through a bit of this thread, because I didn't want to ask similar questions again. Alas, I couldn't find any answers so maybe y'all could help me with the following:
1. I'm going on a quick, solo 3 day weekend trip the first weekend of December. How are crowds for the CP then?
2. How much time would be wasted in line is if I just did standby? I'm spending one day at Epcot and the other full day at MK, so I don't have a ton of time.
3. How's Whoopi? Some posters don't seem like fans. I am indifferent towards her, but would like to have some thoughts on how she is as a narrator.
Thanks everyone!

- It's a very popular time for DVC so I'm going with pretty crowded.
- IF you're not too particular about where you sit then probably 60-90 minutes before the show. My guess is the first show is the least crowded.
- We'll be there the same time as you, Whoppi isn't my favorite Hollywood personal it is a great show and she has returned year after year. I've only read good things about her as a narrator.

Thanks! I'll think I'll keep my CP dining package ADR at Tutto Italia to save some time.
- It's a very popular time for DVC so I'm going with pretty crowded.
- IF you're not too particular about where you sit then probably 60-90 minutes before the show. My guess is the first show is the least crowded.
- We'll be there the same time as you, Whoppi isn't my favorite Hollywood personal it is a great show and she has returned year after year. I've only read good things about her as a narrator.

Not sure if this has been discussed. Has anyone done the Candlelight dining package for dinner at Chefs De France? Is it a pre fixe menu with only a couple options to choose from? I travel with some picky eaters so this might not work for us if that's the case. Thanks!

I did the CP package at Chefs in 2012 and am doing it again this year. In 2012, we were able to choose any appy, enter, dessert and non alcoholic beverage of our choice. I expect this year it will be the same.

Not sure if this has been discussed. Has anyone done the Candlelight dining package for dinner at Chefs De France? Is it a pre fixe menu with only a couple options to choose from? I travel with some picky eaters so this might not work for us if that's the case. Thanks!

I have eaten here many times on the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package and have always been able to pick from the regular menu. And remember, even ordering the most expensive items under each category you still do NOT come out ahead. You're paying extra for a guaranteed seat; which is worth it to me.

I have eaten here many times on the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package and have always been able to pick from the regular menu. And remember, even ordering the most expensive items under each category you still do NOT come out ahead. You're paying extra for a guaranteed seat; which is worth it to me.
I completely agree! The reason we are doing the dining package is to get a guaranteed seat! The picky eaters in my group will be happy to know they can choose from the entire menu. Thanks for the info!

Waiting to find out 11/29 narrator...though we'll go no matter what! One of my favorite pre-Christmas traditions. Booked San Angel Inn at 12:50 and have 6:45 show...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter