Candlelight Processional Dining package 2017 Watch -partial Narrator list updated Aug 25th

Ok so should I go with Matt Bomer or Whoopi? I know my parents would prefer Whoopi but, I mean, Matt was in Magic Mike:love:. Tough decision.

Hmm I got Whoopi... I don't necessarily agree with her as a person, but she's a good actress and my mom is excited so that's good :)

*Edit - Oh bother, I misremembered my date. We're in the TBD slot. Mom's gonna be disappointed!

Last edited:
Hmm I got Whoopi... I don't necessarily agree with her as a person, but she's a good actress and my mom is excited so that's good :)

*Edit - Oh bother, I misremembered my date. We're in the TBD slot. Mom's gonna be disappointed!

We too have Whoopi, I'm less than thrilled but I've only heard good things about her as a CP narrator. Was hoping for well, anyone but Whoopi. My mom OTOH wanted anyone but NPH whom I would have LOVED.

Nevertheless, I can't wait!

We have Warwick Davis. Anyone know any information on him?
He is in many things! Most notably, I believe, Professor Flitwick in Harry Potter. My favorite of his has to be Acorn the Dwarf in the 10th Kingdom, though. I would have LOVED to see him, but we are TBD on the 11th :(! Wahhh he would be great!

Still waiting to see who will be narrating on Dec 10!

Last year during that timeframe we heard Meredith Vieria. She was OK, but sounded a bit as if she was reading the news. I'm still holding out hope for Stephen Curtis Chapman - his delivery is so warm and joyful, our favorite to date, and we had never heard of him before CP, lol. No worries, though! The show itself is so wonderful that the narrator is just icing on the cake.

Disney has released more narrators:
TBD – November 24 to 26, 2017
  • NEW! Matt Bomer – November 27 to 28, 2017
  • TBD – November 29 to 30, 2017
  • Whoopi Goldberg – December 1 to 3, 2017
  • Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017
  • TBD – December 6 to 8, 2017
  • TBD – December 9 to 11, 2017
  • NEW! Warwick Davis – December 12 to 14, 2017
  • Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
  • Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
  • CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017
  • Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
  • Chandra Wilson – December 28 to 30, 2017
Of course our date is still TBD :(

Im with you, our dates are TBD also, but we were able to see NPH last year and I have seen Edward James Olmos before, and both were amazing. If its someone we don't like just opens up some time to do other things. :upsidedow

Im with you, our dates are TBD also, but we were able to see NPH last year and I have seen Edward James Olmos before, and both were amazing. If its someone we don't like just opens up some time to do other things. :upsidedow
We have a package booked for the 11th. The 9-11th is our only option, so we're stuck with whomever we get. LOL We have never been before, so will have to be happy with our "mystery narrator"! Unless it's someone we absolutely can't stand, then yes, we'll have a night open up for something else to do! LOL

Disney has released more narrators:
TBD – November 24 to 26, 2017
  • NEW! Matt Bomer – November 27 to 28, 2017
  • TBD – November 29 to 30, 2017
  • Whoopi Goldberg – December 1 to 3, 2017
  • Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017
  • TBD – December 6 to 8, 2017
  • TBD – December 9 to 11, 2017
  • NEW! Warwick Davis – December 12 to 14, 2017
  • Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
  • Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
  • CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017
  • Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
  • Chandra Wilson – December 28 to 30, 2017
Of course our date is still TBD :(

Of the last 3 narrators, who would you pick? We are there for all 3 and I don't know who to choose!!

We have Warwick Davis. Anyone know any information on him?

He has done so much! He was Wicket the Ewok in Star Wars. He starred in his own movie Willow with Val Kilmer in the 80s. He was in Harry Potter. Basically the most famous dwarf out there besides maybe Peter Dinkladge now.

I have CP reservations for 11/27 & 11/29. Excited to know we will have Matt Bomer, but I'm still waiting to see who will be there 11/29.

Ok so should I go with Matt Bomer or Whoopi? I know my parents would prefer Whoopi but, I mean, Matt was in Magic Mike:love:. Tough decision.

We booked another dinner package just to see Matt Bomer - DH didn't know who he was so I sent him pictures of him in Magic Mike. DH was unkind enough to point out that he probably won't be taking his shirt off while narrating Candlelight but a girl can hope!

Booked a trip for 1 night to go to MVMCP and the CP, driving up from Sarasota. We I'll be there for Neil Patrick Harris. Can't find any availability for package. Are we out of luck? There are 3 of us. I thought I read something about breakfast at Captains grill will have a package when it reopens?

Still waiting to see who will be narrating on Dec 10!

Last year during that timeframe we heard Meredith Vieria. She was OK, but sounded a bit as if she was reading the news. I'm still holding out hope for Stephen Curtis Chapman - his delivery is so warm and joyful, our favorite to date, and we had never heard of him before CP, lol. No worries, though! The show itself is so wonderful that the narrator is just icing on the cake.

We are waiting for the 11th... and hoping for Stephen Curtis Chapman, too!!!

Has anyone been able to book a CP lunch package at Via Napoli with any show other than the 5:00? I keep refreshing, and I can't get anything beside the 5:00 show.

Has anyone been able to book a CP lunch package at Via Napoli with any show other than the 5:00? I keep refreshing, and I can't get anything beside the 5:00 show.

Yes, I was able to book December 4th for a 4:10 reservation and the 6:45 p.m. show, BUT that was when they first opened the package for reservations.

Oops sorry - just saw you were asking about the lunch package. Usually, the lunch package is for the first show. You might try calling and see if they would move it to a later show. I remember in the past some people being able to do that.

Last edited:

I had luck calling and asking if I could swap the show time that came with my CP package (not Via Napoli) for an earlier time. It's worth a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter