• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dining packages are posted!

And I do not believe Biergarten was ever released...so, again, not sold out...
People have reported getting Biergarten already. VERY few people.
But I do wonder if the website is still glitching and they’re just trying to clear the hold line because you can’t book right now anyway. Disney will never acknowledge their crappy IT.

This is utterly infuriating and demoralizing. I have been trying so hard to get a reservation for lunch at Biergarten (a family tradition) since the exact second my 60+5 window opened up. Not a single opening has appeared. I was willing to pay for the CP package, even though I don't want it, just to get this ADR. And so I have been trying non-stop since 5:55 a.m. today. And somehow, the opportunity has passed me by.

I love Diseny. But there are times when when they can shove it.

Us too. So frustrating. All I ask is that Disney follow what they said they would follow. Open dining exactly when you say you will. Make it work from the page designed exactly for that purpose. When you start playing with things, like opening early, then you screw over anyone who isn't lucky enough to have figured out some backend workaround.

And, dining should open to hotel guests early, as promised when we booked rooms.

They broke the deal they made with guests and it is very off putting. As someone else said here, they simply don't care. They get full reservations anyways and make their money. But I am done after this trip. Kids are older. There are better, more relaxing, options for less money waiting for us next Christmas.

This is utterly infuriating and demoralizing. I have been trying so hard to get a reservation for lunch at Biergarten (a family tradition) since the exact second my 60+5 window opened up. Not a single opening has appeared. I was willing to pay for the CP package, even though I don't want it, just to get this ADR. And so I have been trying non-stop since 5:55 a.m. today. And somehow, the opportunity has passed me by.

I love Diseny. But there are times when when they can shove it.

I know everything's weird because of COVID and all, but this is easily the worst time I've ever had planning a Disney trip. When our 60-day window opened up, there was almost no dining available anywhere outside of Disney Springs. We're going to be eating a lot of quick serve this trip.

I completely disagree with the poster who said no to this question. If your kids enjoy music (familiar Christmas music), they'll enjoy the story and the show. It's not even that long of a show - probably an hour or less. It's far from a church service. The Voices of Liberty are elite singers and lead most of the show. Well known narrators tell the story. It's inspiring for adults and kids, at least those families who wish to hear the story of Christ. My kids loved it when they were young, and still do now that they're adults.
Thank you! I’m not sure when we will have the opportunity to visit DW during Christmas again so I would really hate to miss out on this. My kids sit through church services every weekend so hopefully it’ll all work out.

Did y’all see that on the app the Garden Grill reservation options only went through 4, too? That’s ridiculous if they’re limiting any of these packages knowing it’s so popular and that there are way fewer restaurants available this year. Via Napoli and San Angel Inn both have a million reservations for Christmas week right now. They definitely should have done more package options.

Try the APP

Still nothing for me in the reserve dinning in the app. Someone mentioned a link on the homepage, but I never got one in the app (Android). How did you get them in the app - from the regular reserve dining?

Still nothing for me in the reserve dinning in the app. Someone mentioned a link on the homepage, but I never got one in the app (Android). How did you get them in the app - from the regular reserve dining?

Type candlelight processional package in the search bar

3B1BA130-EBD2-4FAE-911F-207833767A84.png

Type candlelight processional package in the search bar

View attachment 616514

Thanks. Still nothing showing for Christmas Day that way.

Oddly, I can see a spot at Coral Reef on Christmas Day in Genie, which doesn't show anywhere else. But I already have a spot there. I was trying to find another restaurant. Others may want to try their luck with Genie, because apparently they set aside some packages just for that system.

Oddly, I can see a spot at Coral Reef on Christmas Day in Genie+, which doesn't show anywhere else. But I already have a spot there. I was trying to find another restaurant. Others may want to try their luck with Genie+, because apparently they set aside some packages just for that system.

Where exactly in the app are you looking? Because I can't find it anywhere. Specific steps please. Thanks!

Well, I’m very disappointed because CP is always the highlight of my trip. However, I will not wait in a standby line for hours to maybe get a bad seat to see a narrator I’ve never heard of (Alton Fitzgerald White - he may be fabulous, but I won’t wait that long to find out).

The silver lining is that now I have an evening to spend at HS after dark. The atmosphere is so fun there — with the swingy Christmas music and all the decorations. Was even able to snag a 8:45 pm reservation at Oga’s to end the night. :drinking1It’s all good!

Any idea why there are so few CP packages available this year? I would think that Disney makes $$$ from them and the restaurants like having a guaranteed minimum table spend. Not sure why they are so limited.

Oddly, I can see a spot at Coral Reef on Christmas Day in Genie, which doesn't show anywhere else. But I already have a spot there. I was trying to find another restaurant. Others may want to try their luck with Genie, because apparently they set aside some packages just for that system.

Me either. Looking for Biergarten on Christmas Eve, family tradition

Genie+ is telling me I don’t have an eligible park pass

Well, I’m very disappointed because CP is always the highlight of my trip. However, I will not wait in a standby line for hours to maybe get a bad seat to see a narrator I’ve never heard of (Alton Fitzgerald White - he may be fabulous, but I won’t wait that long to find out).

The silver lining is that now I have an evening to spend at HS after dark. The atmosphere is so fun there — with the swingy Christmas music and all the decorations. Was even able to snag a 8:45 pm reservation at Oga’s to end the night.

Any idea why there are so few CP packages available this year? I would think that Disney makes $$$ from them and the restaurants like having a guaranteed minimum table spend. Not sure why they are so limited.
my guess is that audience capacity is going to be severely distanced/reduced with few or no standby spots.
Nothing else makes sense to me.
you dont go from almost 20 restaurants offering B/L/D to 4,when your expecting to seat the same number of people.

Where exactly in the app are you looking? Because I can't find it anywhere. Specific steps please. Thanks!
I am in Android - so it may be different in Apple.

Click the "+" at the bottom of the app.
Click "View my Genie Day and Tip Board"
Select the "Dinning" tab.
Select the restaurants you want in the dinning package.
It will pull up availability. My top choice is "CAN - Coral Reef (5:15) Lunch" which is the Candlelight dinning package. That package doesn't show up in the ADR reservation system or Candlelight reservation system. It is only in Gennie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter