Can't find Purex Laundry Sheets

We saw Purex sheets at our local Walgreens last week. It was a nice surprise because on of our local grocers no longer carries them.

They are clearance priced at my Walgreens -- just noticed that the other day.

Liz

I believe the sheets are being replaced by these new..
http://www.purex.com/ultrapacks

You could take these along on the trip. Just wrap them in bubble wrap. I put mine in a bubble wrap mailer like this. http://www.mailersusa.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=46&Itemid=248
You can get individual ones at Walgreens in the school supply section.

It seal shut so there is less of a chance for an accident.
When the trip is over I put the souvenirs in the envelope to protect them in the suitcase.

My local Target and grocery store sell the regular Purex sheets, but I need to get the Pure & Clean version because of DD's sensitive skin. I couldn't find them anywhere and ended up ordering them from drugstore.com.

I saw them tonight at kmart in their travel sized items section. I didn't realize they were gone in other stores.

I love Purex laundry sheets. Not only for travel but for home as well. Our local Target stopped stocking them. Yesterday I saw them at Market Basket (New England grocery chain) and I bought up every box! I should be good for at least a year! But I will be very sad if they are gone. I did see the new pods some have mentioned too, but they don't contain fabric softener. I like how the sheets contained everything all in one. So easy. And I use the "used ones" to dust my house! Truly sad if they are gone. I'll be writing a letter to Purex for sure!

I just ordered some from Garden Grocer for my upcoming trip. I sure hope they are able to find them.

add me to the list of people that had clothes ruined by the purex sheets. We finished the pack we bought on washing towels and blankets. We just bought a box of the tide pods and have no issues so far. They weigh almost nothing, so adding a couple to a suitcase will not be an issue for us. I'll probably put 2 or 3 in a zip lock and throw 3 or 4 dryer sheets in the suitcase too - the suitcase will smell nice and we'll have the dryer sheets.

When you travel and take detergent with you such as the pods, double bag them. Put them in a zip lock bag and then put that in another, with the open end of the first bag in the bottom of the second bag.

Less likely to get any spillage in case they burst open.

we ran out on feb trip and i looked EVERYWHERE!!!!! we go several times a year and keep them in our owner's locker. i did NOT want to worry about liquids or even the powder detergent spilling, so the sheets were the perfect option. we are a family of 6 so i do a LOT of laundry on vacation, and i guess i am lucky as we never had a problem. i just restocked online, and both drugstore.com and amazon has them. i made such a stink about my search that my dh just said "the purex things, right":lmao: good luck, and stock up!!!

I used Purex sheets for years but since I couldn't easily find them, I've switched to the new Tide Pods.

When you travel and take detergent with you such as the pods, double bag them. Put them in a zip lock bag and then put that in another, with the open end of the first bag in the bottom of the second bag.

Less likely to get any spillage in case they burst open.

I put them in a small tupperware container so they don't get squished, then in a big ziplock bag. I prefer the Tide Pods over Purex sheets anyway since it has a stain remover in it, and I just pack some dryer sheets

Our Walmart carry them. I have always been able to find them there, although they are often on the end caps instead of displayed with the other detergents. Hope this helps! :cool1:

I had no idea these were hard to find. I bought a package about three years ago, and use them exclusively for vacations. I just love that there is no liquid. I will have to stock up. I have not had clothing ruined "knock on wood".

We've used these for trips the past few years, and loved them! I've used the leftovers at home, and haven't had any problems. I was so upset when I read that they were no longer available. I checked our local Target, and 2 grocery stores, and they didn't have them. At that point, I went online to Amazon & also Walmart, which showed them available at nearly every store in our area. However, the packaging looked so different than what I previously purchased.

Yesterday I bought them at Walmart. What's being sold now says it has powerful 10X concentrated detergent with REPEL stain blocker. These sheets are bright blue, and have a light green stripe at the end. They also are VERY strong scented. They have the same shape as the previous sheets, but that's about it. If I remember correctly, the old ones were white & had blue stripes at the end. ???

For those posters that have had clothes damaged....were they the "old" ones, or these "new" ones? I can totally see something happening with these new 10X ones. I wish I could find some of the "old" sheets.

At our local drug store - Discount Drug Mart - tonight I saw a bunch of packages with two sheets in them. The cost was .59 cents. Which is where I got mine a year ago. Bought several packages. I should be good for a while.

After reading this thread, we started looking for them. Target and Walmart are a no-go, but our grocery store has them. Now . . . how many do I need for the remaining 45 years of my contract ?!?!? :rotfl2:

We haven't been able to find them in our area either. Didn't even see Purex detergent until the other day saw Purex pods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter