Can't find Purex Laundry Sheets

hmillerbarilla

DIS Veteran
Help!

We always travel with those wonderful Purex Laundry sheets when we stay DVC. I have one sheet left in my package and we're leaving in a 4 days!

I was at Target tonight and couldn't find them. Have they been discontinued? Has anyone purchased them recently? Where?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

OMG - I love to use them too and I haven't been able to find them either! I've looked everywhere! Shoprite, target, Walmart, etc.... Where have they gone :confused3

Purex Still lists them as available, and on their facebook recommended some people try Amazon if they cannot find them locally Amazon Link

I read several reports from all different states and different stores about seeing them clearanced out, looks like major retailers are not carrying them in actual stores, and walmart.com lists "not available at this time"

If you have a future trip you can buy online, leaving in a few days maybe need to find a different solution for this trip.

Oh My Gosh! I was thinking the same thing just the other day! My local grocery store where I first bought them doesn't sell them anymore! I totally love those sheets! I have just a few left from my last trip but I wondered where else I could buy them from? I think they are pushing to sell the NEW little tablets now. Wonder why they want to discontinue the sheets?

I read a couple of blogs where these sheets have damaged clothes. They seem to work great on heavy items like jeans and towels, but can spot lighter weight wash and wear fabrics. The sheets can leave greasy spots on the fabric, similar to the spots liquid fabric softener can leave behind if you added too much or poured directly on clothes.

Laura

I saw some at a Rite Aid Drug store the other day. My grocery store doesn't have them anymore.

I read a couple of blogs where these sheets have damaged clothes. They seem to work great on heavy items like jeans and towels, but can spot lighter weight wash and wear fabrics. The sheets can leave greasy spots on the fabric, similar to the spots liquid fabric softener can leave behind if you added too much or poured directly on clothes.

Laura

This was exactly my experience. They left oily stains on sheets, blouses and other soft fabrics. You cannot remove the stains. I contacted Purex last year and they said mine was the first report. Publix doesn't carry them anymore but CVS had them at 50% off. Makes me think Purex is discontinuing them altogether. Too bad because they are so convenient for DVC trips.

I love them for vacations as well. I have noticed that they are extremely hard to find in the stores too. Hope they bring them back soon.:laundy:

This was exactly my experience. They left oily stains on sheets, blouses and other soft fabrics. You cannot remove the stains. I contacted Purex last year and they said mine was the first report. Publix doesn't carry them anymore but CVS had them at 50% off. Makes me think Purex is discontinuing them altogether. Too bad because they are so convenient for DVC trips.

They are full of you-know-what, then, because I had the same thing happen to me in early 2010, and reported it. They pointed me at directions for getting the stains out, but the technique did not work. I ended up ruining a couple of nearly-new dress shirts. I've never used them since.

I just bought some at Giant Eagle here in NE Ohio. Couldn't find them anywhere else, either.

I just bought a box for a trip to Iceland and had to get them at Amazon. Guess I'll just tuck the rest of the box away and just use it for vacations. Should last us a few years that way!

Kristen

Purex is now coming out with the individual "tabs" to compete with the Tide single use tabs. I would think thats why the sheets are being phased out. Even though I haven't been able to get the Purex tabs there is a space for them at my local store. I guess they haven't been able to keep them in stock.

I just bought a box at one of my local WalMarts (a superstore, not a refurb that has had a small grocery added) a couple days ago.

I love the sheets too because they act as a dryer sheet also and weigh almost nothing in the luggage. The tabs will add weight and then I'd still need to bring dryer sheets.

Looks like I'm in luck. We stocked up on about 200 Purex Laundry sheets during our last Disney World vacation and they are stored in our Owners Locker right now. :cool1:

We saw Purex sheets at our local Walgreens last week. It was a nice surprise because on of our local grocers no longer carries them.

Wow, after seeing this thread this morning, I started looking and was surprised to see them gone. I went to Walmart, CVS, our grocery store (Martins), and even the dollar store and nothing, nada, they are gone. I too have a stash of them, but this was sad. Not that I'm a big fan, but they making packing much easier and you don't have to worry about them in the suitcase. I noticed all of the brands have these little liquid pods and carrying liquid pods in my suitcase of clean clothes just sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I will hunt a little more this weekend, maybe BigLots and a few more CVSs. I never used them at home, but they were handy to travel with and we were going to stock up on them for my grandson when he heads off to college in the fall.

Last fall (2010) I bought a box of these for my daughter to take to college. She ended up doing a lot of laundry at home (we live close) so we still have some. It was hard to find a regular box and not a refill at that time, so I imagine they are more rare now.
I would think that you could go to a laundromat and get single boxes of detergent if you think you'll use more than you get in the unit. We have done that because we have a high efficiency set at home and if we bought a lot of regular detergent, we would not be able to use it in our own machines.
Daisyx3

As stated previously, these are readily available at Amazon.com, tax-free. And if you're a Prime member, you'll get free two-day shipping right to your door.

Here are the Prime Eligible items at Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter