Can't Help Myself - First Reservation Made for Sep/Oct 2013 Trip

Caroline, I feel your pain re staff travel..!!! Luckily I don't have to worry about going in school holidays so I can plan for off times. The flight out of Oz these holidays are looking bad for staff travel - are you able to get the kids out of school a few days early to give yourselves a better chance? How many flights a day do you have to LAX? Once again, fortunately I am able to choose BNE, SYD or MEL - there are 4 flights a day to LAX from the east coast. (But I always plan on going in and out of BNE for my own sanity..!!! ;-) )

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have 2 flights out of Akl per day direct to LAX.
Next year we are leaving 1 week before school holidays, and coming back 1 week after the holidays end. But it appears lots of others have the same idea as it is really busy this year. Qantas pulling has reduced capacity on the AKL/LAX route as well.

YOu have some very interesting places picked out Caroline. We are thinking of doing very similar route to yours.

Sorry, in my earlier post I meant the condos in Anaheim.

Last year at WDW we stayed off site at the Sheraton Vistana and it was incredible, for $160 per night, they are newly renovated huge two bedroom suites, with two bathrooms. I just cant see us every paying $300 or more to stay onsite anymore. So I understand the appeal of Windsor Hills as well.

Caroline NZ said:
We have 2 flights out of Akl per day direct to LAX.
Next year we are leaving 1 week before school holidays, and coming back 1 week after the holidays end. But it appears lots of others have the same idea as it is really busy this year. Qantas pulling has reduced capacity on the AKL/LAX route as well.

I have friends who left a week ago (so a week before school hols) and they waited 2 days for staff travel (qantas) and on the third day they paid for VA flights because there was no availability.

I have updated the first post for our accomodation. All accomodation is now booked, as is the car hire.
Just have to figure out what to see/do along the way now :)

Another forward planner here :lmao:

Don't worry, your trip will be here before you know it :)

99 sleeps to go - doing the double digit dance here :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I have edited the first page for a couple of accommodation additions, trip is now for 32 nights.
All accommodation is booked, and some of it prepaid. Disneyland tickets paid, some sightseeing booking. Travel Cards loaded in USD, and ready to be set free!
Can't wait for the next 99 nights to roll on by!

You are definitely not the only one who forward plans...we started 3 years ago planning for a family holiday to USA for September 2015 school holidays...been saving money every pay towards it...and often I look at the planned route...adding and deleting days and then changing them back again...I think it is good to plan ahead.

I am nervous for you...regarding flights...being such a forward planner...I would not be able to cope with the uncertainty of not knowing for sure if a flight was going to be available...I would give myself an ulcer worrying about it..so fingers (and toes) crossed that a flight is available for you all on the day you want.

The Windsor Hills accomodation is gorgeous...wish we have of planned to stay there for our trip in July this year where my husbands USA family are joining us for a 10 day stay at disney...the kids room is amazing!

I look forward to reading about how your adventure goes.

99 sleeps to go - doing the double digit dance here :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I have edited the first page for a couple of accommodation additions, trip is now for 32 nights.
All accommodation is booked, and some of it prepaid. Disneyland tickets paid, some sightseeing booking. Travel Cards loaded in USD, and ready to be set free!
Can't wait for the next 99 nights to roll on by!

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have just made hopefully the last change to our plans, reduced our nights in San Diego from 4 to 3 so that we can stay 1 night in the LEGOLAND Hotel ( which I wasn't even aware existed until a few weeks ago)
This will be the one surprise for the kids, they know about the rest of the trip but not about this one night. Hope they love it.

73 sleeps to go !!

Awesome eh? :cool1:- I am now starting to worry about all the things I need to do between now and then

How is everything going for you? Sounds like your DH got some good bookings for you .

Really Awesome! It's certainly making the wait more bearable having these little countdown markers to look forward to. The next one is the '2 months to go' marker on the 17th.

Things are going great for me. As of 7pm today I just got beyond the busiest, most stressful, part of my working year. So now I can take a deep breath and start focusing on all those little things I want to get done before this trip. Like buying my son some new swimwear, getting my husband a nice shirt to wear on the cruise etc etc. Mundane things, but still things to sort out none-the-less.

And yes, my DH is a gem. He got me all the cruise bookings (excursion, specialty restaurant and check in time) that I wanted. So excited!

Have you had your flights confirmed yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter