Cape May Clam Bake Buffet Review

Priorityonecb

DIS Veteran
This one also got a thumbs down from our family. But, I will admit that we were all tired, hot and bothered when we arrived. We fully admit that could have colored our view. Dd15 had also just hyperextended her knee so she was hurting and wasn't in the mood to eat.

The buffet was plentiful, but the shrimp was very overcooked and tough. The sides were all great, I made a meal of those and the salads and salmon. Dd15 pretty much ate a serving of salad and some fruit. Dd9 didn't care for the kids buffet, but found enough to eat on the regular buffet to keep her happy. She is just not a chicken tender, mac and cheese kind of kid!

Kudo's to the chef here. Dd9 has a peanut allergy. He came out to inform us there was nothing on the dessert buffet that was safe for her. He asked her, if she could have anything what would it be. She said "chocolate icecream with blueberries"...and darned if he didn't show up within 5 minutes with just that! She was thrilled.

Thanks for the review. We love Cape May Cafe. Glad to hear that the chef was so great with the allergy. :)

Thanks for the review..Wow the chefs seem so considerate when it comes to food allergies I have heard several times of them coming out and talking to families..

Priorityonecb said:
Kudo's to the chef here. Dd9 has a peanut allergy. He came out to inform us there was nothing on the dessert buffet that was safe for her. He asked her, if she could have anything what would it be. She said "chocolate icecream with blueberries"...and darned if he didn't show up within 5 minutes with just that! She was thrilled.

That's great! I have never heard of a combination like that before! lol! ;)

I am sorry you were not happy with Cape May. We really love it there~of course we don't eat any of the seafood!

We love Cape May & never miss it! The one drawback is that I tend to feel sick everytime I leave...because I go through about 4 plates of clams{in addition to everything else, including the great dessert bar}. :) :)

We do not eat seafood, but Cape May is a definate stop on all of our trips, usually 2x, once for breakfast with Minnie and once for dinner.

yes they do have BBQ ribs and they also have steamed corn on the clam side usually.

This is one of our favorite don't miss places to eat.

Blessings,
Winnie

Our trip to the World would not be complete without a meal at CMC. We really enjoy the selection there and have always had a great meal. Also, the servers are consistantly great. Sorry your experience was not good, maybe you can give it another chance.

PS~I love their cornbread

Thanks for the review, sorry you weren't impressed with the food. A few years ago they were also really great with my dairy allergy at breakfast. They prepared some dairy free waffles for me, but also were willing to make any other dishes dairy free. :sunny:

Priorityonecb said:

How great! My son also has a peanut allergy; must admit we've never had any1 who was so caring and helpful! I'm impressed.

treehugger said:
Our trip to the World would not be complete without a meal at CMC. We really enjoy the selection there and have always had a great meal. Also, the servers are consistantly great. Sorry your experience was not good, maybe you can give it another chance.

PS~I love their cornbread

I agree with all of your comments! Especially the cornbread! YUM!!!!!!!!!

We just ate there on Thursday, and our family is not a seafood family so we didn't eat it, but we did have everything else. I was happy to see they had a good veggie selection as well as other things. Thought the ribs were good as well.

I just love it when they take care of kids like that. Now I'm going to have to try some chocolate ice cream and blueberries!

Could someone describe the sides? I'm thinking of adding this buffet to our list next trip...DH is a big seafood fan, but I'm not a huge fish eater. Although if I could fill up on shrimp and sides, it'd be fine.

DD9 and I are going next weekend (I have to check and see what day I made ADRs for???).

We try to go to a WDW restaurant once a month (more if the budget allows) and DD picked CMC. She LOVES steamed clams.

Belle for President said:
Could someone describe the sides? I'm thinking of adding this buffet to our list next trip...DH is a big seafood fan, but I'm not a huge fish eater. Although if I could fill up on shrimp and sides, it'd be fine.

I will try to do the best I can,

Breads
generic cornbread found also at TEB, WC, and HDDR
another type of bread rolls
whipped butter

Salads
ceasar salad
seafood potato salad
regular salad
fruit salad
coleslaw

others, but I can't remember

Veggies
aspargus sauteed in something wonderful tasted just like broccoli
fresh greenbeans and carrots
corn on the cob

pasta
italian antipasto salad (warm) with melted cheese -really good!

Ribs
baked chicken
carved meats
fried cod?

soups
chicken cordon bleu soup. Wonderful!
New england clam chowder

Thanks for the review. We love Cape May Cafe. Glad to hear that the chef was so great with the allergy. We love this place and my DH requests this restaurant every time we go to WDW. We are going back in July,2007.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter