Cape May Clam Bake Buffet Review

Thanks for the review. We didn't like Cape May Cafe either. We did dine there on a sunday I believe though, so after so many positive responses maybe it was just an off night. Of course I grew up at the Jersey shore so I might be a bit picky. When we ate the clams there there was sand and cracked shells! Anyway I don't think we'd go back anytime soon. That's great about the chef though, I love that disney touch.

bluejasmine said:
Thanks for the review..Wow the chefs seem so considerate when it comes to food allergies I have heard several times of them coming out and talking to families..
Several posts ago I said no one had ever been quite as thoughtful in making a separate dish for my DS w/ a peanut allergy. While that's true, I must say that ALL of the chefs came out to speak w/ us when we went in August. I think it must be a WDW rule or something; but whatever the reason, it really does make the allergic person as well as the family feel much better. They come out to the table as soon as they're able; and they're very, very pleasant. Kudos to all of them!

We also weren't big fans of the CMC clam bake. Love the character breakfast, it was the usual fare and everything was great including the character interaction with our son. The food at the clam bake was mediocre at best, and not what we've come to expect from a table service meal at Disney.

Loved reading your review! Thanks for sharing!

Nice to know the Chef catered for dietary requirements!

Kudo's to the chef here. Dd9 has a peanut allergy. He came out to inform us there was nothing on the dessert buffet that was safe for her. He asked her, if she could have anything what would it be. She said "chocolate icecream with blueberries"...and darned if he didn't show up within 5 minutes with just that! She was thrilled.
That's pretty impressive. We'll be traveling next year with a family who has a child with a peanut allergy also.

DF and I LOVED CMB when we are there last month..I am a huge fan of steamed clams and I'm not picky about them! :thumbsup2 So unlimited clams is fine by me! DF also enjoyed the steak (although one tour book said it was prime rib and it isn't) Either way we will be back!

our last trip food and service were horrible. The answer for one of our party's dairy allergy was to bring her plain items, no flavorings at all, even after she told them what she could have (she had asked for oil and vinegar on the side even--and never got that-). I have never seen a smaller, drier offering of beef at a restaurant before. Over cooked seafood items--yuck....ribs were grossly overcooked...terrible experience....Very disappointing. We won't be going for dinner again.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience there! It is a must-do for us--DH loves the clams! :thumbsup2 We also did the Cape May Breakfast on our last trip (June 2006), and I changed our ADR's when we got home to do it again for our Sept. trip--I love their version of the breakfast pizza! ;)

Mad4Dizne said:
our last trip food and service were horrible. The answer for one of our party's dairy allergy was to bring her plain items, no flavorings at all, even after she told them what she could have (she had asked for oil and vinegar on the side even--and never got that-). I have never seen a smaller, drier offering of beef at a restaurant before. Over cooked seafood items--yuck....ribs were grossly overcooked...terrible experience....Very disappointing. We won't be going for dinner again.

I can totally relate. We've done dinner here before but the last time was our last time. It was terrible. The buffet was in need of LOTS of refills especially for the kids items and the only items my dd ate (coincidence I'm sure), but we spent more time going up there and waiting in line to see if stuff was available than we did at our table eating and when we finally did eat the food left a lot to be desired. The salad area was cleaned out. Very unimpressed with the refill staff that night.

And even more disappointing was our recent breakfast experience here. Never had a bad experience at breakfast here and we go everytime, BUT, this past trip there were such slim pickens for a buffet (no french toast, no pancakes-just hard Mickey waffles, eggs and potatoes and cold stuff), it was a bummer. DD barely ate anything and the bagel I asked our server to toast came back 20 minutes later as hard as a rock. Think we'll be skipping this one too for a while and hope they make some improvements as we'll miss it (but not the lousy food or lack of good food).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter