Capture your moment...

GrumpyGal43

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone,

Wanted to see who on here has done Capture Your Moment...

Going in October for my 50th birthday with 7 of my besties 🥳 and thought this would be a great way to get some good pictures of all of us...

For anyone who has done this...do you have any pictures you can share so that I can see what they're like?

Which park did you do? While I love Magic Kingdom, the Italy Pavillion at Epcot holds a special place in my heart 💜

Just looking for any and all opinions on this before I make some decisions (I know you can't book until 60 days out...).

Thanks in advance everyone!
:flower1:

Last edited:
So it is you plus 8 of your besties, for a total of 9? The CYM webpage says "The maximum party size is 8 per session," but I have no idea how strictly its enforced if you have a party of 9.

Last October, I did a CYM at DHS for my 50th birthday, and we have a lot of nice pictures around The Hollywood Tower Hotel. And the next day, we did another CYM at Epcot / Italy, and we have some good pictures there. It was a beautiful day with bright sun and blue skies at DHS, but then a little cloudy / overcast the next day at Epcot, so those pictures don't have quite as much "pop" to them. I'm still very glad that we did them.

It is still fairly warm in October, and it is a long walk to get to The American Adventure for CYM check-in. Just getting there, we got a little hot and sweaty in our nice outfits, so plan for some cool down time before the photo session.

If you're staying on property, you can book at 60 + stay length, and it opens at midnight IIRC. Hope it works out for you, and have some great magical memories!

We did a session in 2021 in Animal Kingdom. Found some interesting places to take pictures. They did ask if we had any requests. Also did one at Disneyland last summer. I had already purchased memory maker for our trip, so all the pictures were availabler to download. Both times it was a team of 2, and the way they worked it, even though it was crowded, you didn't usually see anyone else in the shots. These are just screenshots, actual files too big Screenshot_20230407-221927_Amazon Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230407-221811_Amazon Photos.jpg

So it is you plus 8 of your besties, for a total of 9? The CYM webpage says "The maximum party size is 8 per session," but I have no idea how strictly its enforced if you have a party of 9.

Last October, I did a CYM at DHS for my 50th birthday, and we have a lot of nice pictures around The Hollywood Tower Hotel. And the next day, we did another CYM at Epcot / Italy, and we have some good pictures there. It was a beautiful day with bright sun and blue skies at DHS, but then a little cloudy / overcast the next day at Epcot, so those pictures don't have quite as much "pop" to them. I'm still very glad that we did them.

It is still fairly warm in October, and it is a long walk to get to The American Adventure for CYM check-in. Just getting there, we got a little hot and sweaty in our nice outfits, so plan for some cool down time before the photo session.

If you're staying on property, you can book at 60 + stay length, and it opens at midnight IIRC. Hope it works out for you, and have some great magical memories!

Sorry misworded it...it's 8 people INCLUDING ME :)

We did this in September at Magic Kingdom and had a great experience. It's the best way to get up close, non-crowded castle pics.

I also see they are adding a MK Fantasyland option which is interesting. I've thought about doing it next month for my 40th, but really didn't want basically the same pics I just took. I may consider doing this new one.

What I really wish, though, is that they had a Galaxy's Edge option. :)

We did this in September at Magic Kingdom and had a great experience. It's the best way to get up close, non-crowded castle pics.

I also see they are adding a MK Fantasyland option which is interesting. I've thought about doing it next month for my 40th, but really didn't want basically the same pics I just took. I may consider doing this new one.

What I really wish, though, is that they had a Galaxy's Edge option. :)
Galaxy's Edge would be awesome! I'm deciding between the MK and Epcot...

I think if my #1 priority was just to get a bunch of good pics with my friends where we happen to be on vacation, I'd go with Epcot and Italy. If the priority is knowing it is at Disney World, I would go with MK just because of the castle.

I found our MK session with 8 (2 grandparents, 4 siblings, 2 nieces) to be pretty rushed. We got some good photos but it is a bit of a walk from the front of the park to the castle, even though they let you go backstage and stuff. I would absolutely do it again because for us we wanted to document this is Disney first trip for the nieces etc. I think Epcot would be more relaxed and fun though and being in Italy getting photos and maybe some wine etc could be super cute.

Really up to you and what you want the look and feel to be. Also if you are already buying/have the memory maker for the trip there's a lot more photographers around the castle that could take some photos there and get you all in them. There's a few photographers in World Showcase but nowhere near as many.

We did a session in 2021 in Animal Kingdom. Found some interesting places to take pictures. They did ask if we had any requests. Also did one at Disneyland last summer. I had already purchased memory maker for our trip, so all the pictures were availabler to download. Both times it was a team of 2, and the way they worked it, even though it was crowded, you didn't usually see anyone else in the shots. These are just screenshots, actual files too big View attachment 751856View attachment 751857
omg soooo cute! :)

We had our post engagement photos done in the Morocco pavilion in February. I recommend getting an early morning session to avoid the heat and glaring sun.

Attachments

• 2023-02-06 - Epcot - World Showcase_96.jpeg
    2023-02-06 - Epcot - World Showcase_96.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 23
My wife and I did this for our 25th anniversary trip couple years back. It was fun. Our photographer and his assistant were nice and knowledgeable. The funny part was that the next day, at EPCOT, we had couple people come up to us asking "Were you the ones taking photos around the Castle yesterday in Disneybound outfits?" Our 2 seconds of fame. :)

My Post-1.pngMy Post-1 (1).png

Just did this last week and it was great! The only hiccups:

- Be thoughtful about timing. We booked noonish. Couldn't get close to castle. Why? Parade. Doh! The castle is in our photos but in a fuzzy-artistic-far-off-in-background kind of way. We didn't get the "money shot" I've seen where it looks like you're in your own turret at the castle.

- Bring props if that's important to you. They supplied us one prop. A custom magnet board w/ white letters and hidden mickey logos. They created it for us (which was hospitable and nice - don't get me wrong), but no control or input on it. There's no legit prop area. It's a $99 / 20 minute session and Disney has to rein people in or things get out of hand and off schedule. I just didn't imagine it would be that bare bones.

- Be thoughtful about whether you'll need something "protective" given the climate. They had us sitting on grass. They mentioned I might consider purchasing a blanket from the emporium because the grass would be hot, but they backpeddled when they realized there's really no time for that and we had no heads up. Again back to props - these are some of the basics they don't have. The grass was HOT. We did find shade, but it was a tiny area. We were fortunate to have a "tiny" group. It wasn't ideal but we made it work. Think blanket if you'll be sitting. Parasol if you need shade... Cute sunglasses if you're eyes will hurt in the sun. etc.

Overall I enjoyed it and I would definitely do it again. It was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter