Caribbean Beach 5th Sleeper Bed

MaddieB223

Mouseketeer
Hello!

In the beginning stages of booking my 4th WDW trip :cheer2:and my family and I are looking into the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have a large number of people going and are looking at the different room options.

Standard rooms at CBR have 2 queen beds. 5th Sleeper rooms have 2 queen beds + a "child sized" sleeper.

Exactly how big are these sleepers? Would an adult who is 5'2" and petite fit comfortably on one? Asking for a "friend" :rotfl2:

EDIT: After learning the size, does CBR offer the cots/rollaway beds? I remember using one the last time I stayed at Beach Club in 2016. Thanks!

Last edited:
They are smaller than a twin bed - I'm 5'6" and I laid on one when deciding between sleeping on the sofa bed or that at the Poly in a DVC studio and immediately decided the sofa bed was better. It's a personal preference but they are "cozy" coming in at approximately 63/64 inches by 30 inches.

I think they are too small for an adult but everyone is different. :-)

They are smaller than a twin bed - I'm 5'6" and I laid on one when deciding between sleeping on the sofa bed or that at the Poly in a DVC studio and immediately decided the sofa bed was better. It's a personal preference but they are "cozy" coming in at approximately 63/64 inches by 30 inches.

I think they are too small for an adult but everyone is different. :-)
Thank you! Just trying to see if I can be efficient :rotfl:and I hate sharing beds!

I also hate sharing beds! It was a reason I started staying at Fort Wilderness with my friends because I only want to share a bed with my dog 🤣

I’m 5 2 and I even tried, nope. Clearly for a smaller child. We liked the room for my taller daughter and I. Both got the big beds.

Here is a picture of the bed out, from a web search I did. We rarely take pictures of our room, but it did look like this. We had preferred, in Martinique building. Great location.
IMG_3372.jpeg

I believe Disney removed the roll away bed concept because of those 5th sleeper rooms.

You may want to look at a different resort if you are seeking out the additional sleeping surfaces or bring an air mattress.

How many people are going to be in each room and how many people total on the trip?

We have stayed at CBR twice with three kids, and they all want a turn on the sleeper bed; they love it.

My wife is 5'4" and she took a nap on the sleeper bed once, when she could have used a queen bed (I took the kids to the pool), and she said it was great for her. But it might be different if you were sleeping there 5 nights in a row as an adult, vs a 90-minute nap.... Also, she curls a bit as a side sleeper - it might not be good if you sleep straight on your back. I am 6'1" and would never try it.

We have used a pack n play in those CBR rooms with no problem, but I don't think we would ever try a cot / air mattress. I think there is just not enough space.

That bed was perfect for my five year old. I cannot imagine sleeping on it if you were over 100 lbs or 5 ft tall.

We stayed in a 5th sleeper room at CBR, among others like Boardwalk villas. The pull down sleepers aren't bad but they're intended for children and not very comfy. Some people don't mind where they sleep and some are super picky, I'm probably more towards the I can pretty much sleep anywhere and sleep well when others don't and I would not choose to sleep on that for more than 1 night. I'm 5'2" and it's tight and not comfortable. So to answer your question, yes, a 5'2" adult will fit, but it won't be that comfy of a night's sleep.

I'm not sure about cots at CBR but I do know people have brought air mattresses and stuck them in front of the door and the first bed or coming out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. It's tight but doable.

If WDW property is preferred and you need more sleeping space, look to a family suite, you'll get more sleeping surfaces and two bathrooms. Maybe AofA or ASM. The ASM suites have the larger pull down murphy beds. And of course there's DVC villas or off WDW property which you'll most certainly get more space but that may not be ideal.

I know this wont work for everyone, but I’m 6’2 over 300 pounds and I slept on it for a week with no issues. I took an extra pillow and put it between the little bit of space between the end of the mattress and the cabinet. That probably got me around 6 inches or more. Then used the dresser as a headboard. I wish I had taken a picture because I’m sure explaining it doesn’t work as well as seeing it.

I’m also a side sleeper so I don’t keep my legs extended for the majority of the night. But when I did I just put my feet in front of the dresser on the other side. I actually found it rather comfortable and slept amazing the entire week. I’m sure alot of that is because of how tired I am after a Disney day. I’m also a pretty good sleeper to begin with so that also helps.

I think it depends on the position you are comfortable sleeping in. I am 5’3” and found the 5th sleeper to be very comfortable, but I always sleep on my side curled up.

I think Disney put in smaller size trundle beds at CBR vs the ones at POR to discourage adults from using them.

I think Disney put in smaller size trundle beds at CBR vs the ones at POR to discourage adults from using them.
Adding on to the thread as I'm curious how the 5th sleeper at CBR compares to the one at POR. Are the ones at POR bigger?

We have an upcoming stay and considering one of these properties due to budget and the 5th sleeper availability. It would be for my 12 year old who is now 5'3 and well over 100 lbs.

He has slept in the 5th sleepers at the Grand California very comfortably, but it has been a few years now.

64" x 30" compared to a twin at 75" x 38" ... even if I could do the length the width is really too tight if you move at all while you sleep. It's meant for a kid.

And no, Disney does not do cots, they want you to book a room that the existing bedding works for you.

Have you priced All Star Music Suites or getting TWO All Star rooms. Gives you two bathrooms as well.

I am 5 feet even, side sleeper with legs curled and slept there just fine. My children often sleep like starfish so it was definitely preferable to sharing with one of them.

64" x 30" compared to a twin at 75" x 38" ... even if I could do the length the width is really too tight if you move at all while you sleep. It's meant for a kid.

And no, Disney does not do cots, they want you to book a room that the existing bedding works for you.

Have you priced All Star Music Suites or getting TWO All Star rooms. Gives you two bathrooms as well.
Just want to check re cribs- are these generally not available or only in certain resorts? We are looking to book either CBR or POFQ next year with our then 16 month old. We were considering a king room as was assuming we’d get a crib/pack and play for our son as really don’t think he’ll be ready for any form of bed even a 5th sleeper.

Just want to check re cribs- are these generally not available or only in certain resorts? We are looking to book either CBR or POFQ next year with our then 16 month old. We were considering a king room as was assuming we’d get a crib/pack and play for our son as really don’t think he’ll be ready for any form of bed even a 5th sleeper.
Yes you can get a pack n play.

I know many years ago when my kids needed we got cribs at the deluxe and moderate resorts but not sure those are an option anymore.

PER DISNEY

For your family’s comfort and convenience, complimentary cribs are available for Guests at all Disney Resort hotels. Guests may request cribs when making reservations or upon arrival at their hotel—quantities are limited. Though most of the easy-to-assemble Pack ‘n Play® playards offered are standard size, some larger cribs may be available.

Yes you can get a pack n play.

I know many years ago when my kids needed we got cribs at the deluxe and moderate resorts but not sure those are an option anymore.

PER DISNEY

For your family’s comfort and convenience, complimentary cribs are available for Guests at all Disney Resort hotels. Guests may request cribs when making reservations or upon arrival at their hotel—quantities are limited. Though most of the easy-to-assemble Pack ‘n Play® playards offered are standard size, some larger cribs may be available.
Thanks for confirming I thought I had read that but just wanted to make sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter