Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't care what kind of view i have, or where they put me, as long as i see palm trees and im out of Jersey!!!!! whooo hooo leaving Tuesday night. stopping in GA to eat at The Lady and Sons ( Paula Deens) cant wait...!!!!!!

mskermit said:
i don't care what kind of view i have, or where they put me, as long as i see palm trees and im out of Jersey!!!!! whooo hooo leaving Tuesday night. stopping in GA to eat at The Lady and Sons ( Paula Deens) cant wait...!!!!!!

Coming from someone that frequents Savannah, I STRONGLY suggest you skip Paula's & go to Mrs.Wilkes instead ;)

mskermit said:

Oops dup!

My husband and I have never stayed at a moderate. In fact 99% of the trips we've taken ANYWHERE in the 5 years we've been together we've stayed in a pretty cheap hotel (Red Roof Inn, Super 8 etc). I think we've finally decided on CBR for our trip next September. The other place we were considering was POFQ, but We love that CBR is so close to Epcot and that's our favourite park. We're not big into DTD so even though the rooms at POFQ were more appealing aesthetically to us, we chose CBR. Really excited to really start planning now! I look forward to reading this thread in it's entirety...or at least attempting to!:rotfl:

I don't think we're going to do a dining plan, even with "free dining". It'll mean less money we have to save sooner and since there are two of us and we often share I'm not too concerned.

I hope that you have a great time at the CBR and at The Lady & Sons. I've always wanted to eat at Paula's restaurant and the CBR is an awesome resort.

Coming from someone that frequents Savannah, I STRONGLY suggest you skip Paula's & go to Mrs.Wilkes instead ;)

I looked it up on line.. the hours are only 11-2 and we are driving from Jersey and wouldn't make it in time :( maybe on our way home. uggh... dont even want to think about leaving my happy place before i even get there!!! lol

Has anyone ever mailed things home from the resort? If so, how did you do it? Figuring what we are packing (trying to keep it light and do laundry on our one down day) I "think" I can get everything into one large suitcase for the three of us. I'm considering taking two and spliting up clothes (incase a bag gets lost) but this way, we will have almost a full suitcase for everything we might buy and not be limited to what we purchase. But DH brought up a good point..it will be 25.00 for each bag each way. So more or less....50.00 bucks just to have an half empty suit case travel. He said what if we just mail items we buy home since it would prolly be under 50.00 and less to worry about. But where do you do this out and what have been some prices? Thanks!!!

I have never mailed packages home. But have you concidered folding up a duffe into your one suitcase and using that to get the itmes you buy home? I doubt the $25 you spend to check it on the plane will be much more than the price to mail your items home.

Leaving tomorrow morning for the train ride to FL!!

See ya in a week!!

We just booked this resort for Oct 31-Nov 4 :cool1:

We booked a King room and I was wondering if anyone knew where the location of those rooms are, or if they are scattered. Any chance we'll be in one of the buildings near Old Port Royale?

We just booked this resort for Oct 31-Nov 4 :cool1:

We booked a King room and I was wondering if anyone knew where the location of those rooms are, or if they are scattered. Any chance we'll be in one of the buildings near Old Port Royale?

Congrats! They are scattered all over the resort. If you didn't book preferred Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all close to OPR.

I have never mailed packages home. But have you concidered folding up a duffe into your one suitcase and using that to get the itmes you buy home? I doubt the $25 you spend to check it on the plane will be much more than the price to mail your items home.

This is a great idea! Last time we went we were there five days and four of us shared one big suitcase. And each person brought a bag as a carryon. We left enough room for souveniers... this time there will only be three of us so I think we will be okay... but just in case I might do this.

Congrats! They are scattered all over the resort. If you didn't book preferred Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all close to OPR.

There isn't a King Preferred option, otherwise I would have gone for it! I know requesting room locations is such a hit and miss too. Thanks for the options of other nearby buildings, though!

Since we'll have a rental car, which building is the easiest, parking wise, to get in and out of the resort? On the map it looks so big that I'm sure a couple of the buildings require less driving. KWIM?

FWIW, when we stayed at OKW the first time, my in-laws checked in and it was also our first on-site stay (so i didn't know any better to request, etc). We got put way way way back, and felt like no one else was around us. We were so far from the main building that we drove there - and we love to walk. Plus, driving in and out was a pain too - felt like it took 5 minutes just to get to the entrance. Haha. Very minor problem, but still something I like to avoid now that I know!

This is a great idea! Last time we went we were there five days and four of us shared one big suitcase. And each person brought a bag as a carryon. We left enough room for souveniers... this time there will only be three of us so I think we will be okay... but just in case I might do this.

Most resorts sell duffle bags in their gift shops, for those times where we buy more than we think we will. That is an option too, if you don't have the extra room to bring one along.

Thanks for the idea of the duffle bag....GREAT THINKING!!!!:thumbsup2
I'm not sure we would buy one there...but also a great suggestion incase I forget to pack one and we are in a pinch. We are down to 14 days tomorrow...I kept playing the "two weeks today game" in my mind since in two weeks I took today off (while DS is in school) to pack and get everything together. I've never done it before but it is also the first time DH & DS are flying...so I need my head in the game for this trip!!

They are similar to this...
Bathroom+door+handle.JPG
THANK YOU!!!!!:goodvibes

Ive been reading multiple reviews....and reading posts on this board...and now Im second guessing my choice...we stayed at Pop Century in 2010 and absolutely loved it!!
Please tell me that I made the right choice in booking CBR for our April trip....please show us the love!!!
I need to hear good stuff before I cancel and rebook at a different resort!:thumbsup2

Ive been reading multiple reviews....and reading posts on this board...and now Im second guessing my choice...we stayed at Pop Century in 2010 and absolutely loved it!!
Please tell me that I made the right choice in booking CBR for our April trip....please show us the love!!!
I need to hear good stuff before I cancel and rebook at a different resort!:thumbsup2

I know what you mean about reading reviews and second guessing yourself! I can tell you from experience that CBR is a fabulous resort! Like you, we've stayed at Pop Century many times and decided to give CBR a try. We're now planning our 3rd stay at CBR and haven't been back to Pop Century since. That's not to say we don't like Pop Century anymore, but we definitely prefer CBR. It's got such a tropical, relaxing feel to it which is a welcomed reprise after the busy parks.

One of the things I love most about CBR is how quiet it seems compared to the value resorts. Even when it's full to capacity, it never seems crowded or loud (with the exception of the food court during peak times). Buildings are 2 stories high, compared to 4 stories at Pop, which contrbutes to the quiet.

The main pool is so much fun for kids but if you want a more low-key experience, you can enjoy the quiet pool at your village. You can rent bikes, boats, and even see some of the Illumination fireworks from the Martinique beach, followed by a stroll around the lake. I can't wait to go back!! I hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns. Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter