Carnival’s new ship arrives in Port Canaveral

And according to their President, speaking on Good Morning America, they are looking to sail with only vaccinated passengers. She also said they are looking at a way for passengers to upload or enter their vaccination information ahead or arrive at the terminal, and use their paper CDC card - the old fashioned paper. She did not mention Florida at all and just described how they are working closely with CDC on their protocols. She was speaking right next to the Mardi Gras. I am sure the video is online somewhere by now.

I heard rumors that might be the workaround for Florida law. It's very easy to forge that way.

Busy day at Port Canaveral, Royal's brand new Odyssey of the Seas pulled into Port Canaveral today also for shots, right next to Carnival's brand new Mardi Gras along with the Disney Fantasy.
This is a livestream recorded video from the Port that shows Odyssey, Mardi Gras and the Fantasy all together this morning, and 59 minutes into it is the Fantasy going through many of it's horn routines.

Last edited:

I'm surprised that Carnival is going the fully vaccinated route - but it makes sense for the beginning cruises to avoid having to turn around and end the sailing. I sure wish DCL would be more clear on their intentions. Mardi Gras is a very nice looking ship. Carnival is stepping up their game.

I'm surprised that Carnival is going the fully vaccinated route - but it makes sense for the beginning cruises to avoid having to turn around and end the sailing. I sure wish DCL would be more clear on their intentions. Mardi Gras is a very nice looking ship. Carnival is stepping up their game.
There’s been no official statement from Carnival, and who knows if they’ll even cruise out of Florida until after Nov 1.
People on the carnival cruise critic boards don’t know what to think. The only thing people can agree on is that they would just like to know either way.

I‘m not sure what the hold up is? They have to know how divisive the whole thing is. Make a decision, let people process it, and move on.

I was watching one of the many live streams on YouTube. It was amazing to see so many people at Jetty Park gathered jurist to see the ships! I would’ve loved to join them if I was closer lol because it seemed like such a great atmosphere! People are soooo ready to cruise again-me included! 🙋🏻‍♀️

We are sailing on this ship in January. I like Carnivals new look.
We are booked on Mardi Gras the end of Feb!!!

I came on here to research Disney cruising since I've never been on one.....We've cruised others, mainly Carnival & mostly older ships (just due to date/port/price). So, I am so excited to cruise on a new ship.

I just posted a story on another thread. Royal reversed course and is not requiring vaccines. Its being reported on several news outlets so it’s not fake news. Non- vaccinated passengers will have to get tested before boarding. More protocols for unvaccinated to follow.
Maybe well get some news from Disney and other cruise lines soon.

We are booked on Mardi Gras the end of Feb!!!

I came on here to research Disney cruising since I've never been on one.....We've cruised others, mainly Carnival & mostly older ships (just due to date/port/price). So, I am so excited to cruise on a new ship.
I’m super excited about it too. It looks like I’ll burn some calories walking around that ship. Its massive.

We are sailing on this ship in January. I like Carnivals new look.
They are going to repaint the entire fleet to look like like Mardi Gras. Every time one of their ships goes in for dry dock she’ll be getting the new paint scheme. Carnival Magic has already been repainted as she’s in dry dock right now.

I’m really excited to sail Mardi Gras next summer. We’ll be on her for a week, then spend 2 nights at PC then jump on Wish for 4 nights.

They are going to repaint the entire fleet to look like like Mardi Gras. Every time one of their ships goes in for dry dock she’ll be getting the new paint scheme. Carnival Magic has already been repainted as she’s in dry dock right now.

I’m really excited to sail Mardi Gras next summer. We’ll be on her for a week, then spend 2 nights at PC then jump on Wish for 4 nights.
That’s a really good plan and I’m guessing it will cost less than a b2b on the Wish. I did not end up booking the wish I kind of regret it.

Busy day at Port Canaveral, Royal's brand new Odyssey of the Seas pulled into Port Canaveral today also for shots, right next to Carnival's brand new Mardi Gras along with the Disney Fantasy.
This is a livestream recorded video from the Port that shows Odyssey, Mardi Gras and the Fantasy all together this morning, and 59 minutes into it is the Fantasy going through many of it's horn routines.
:sad: I do miss that horn :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter