Cars Land is possibly coming to Epcot

Universal's growing crowds are 75% due to Wizarding World. Yes, people are now visiting for Volcano Bay too, but take a look at the 2 most recent rides to open up at Universal Resort - Kong and Jimmy Fallon. They are both screen based rides and not ones i'd consider as thrill rides per-se. And Fast and Furious is going to be a screen based ride too.

Yes, a lot of the popular rides at WDW are thrill rides, but you are forgetting about some of the tamer rides such as Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Toy Story Mania, Frozen Ever After... They are all great rides which usually have a long wait and yet they are not thrill rides.

Wizarding world is pretty old at this point. Whats important to note is that crowds are GROWING at Universal, and they are SHRINKING at WDW. Its not a matter of both growing and one just doing a bit better, though even that would suggest one was doing a better job of satisfying the market. WDW attendance is down, Universal is up, considerably.

The non-thrill rides you point to fill up for a couple reason, 1 - the big thrill rides are already full 2 - the cater to the demographic that CAN"T ride other things. I mean, I love me some toy story and haunted mansion, but the most popular rides at WDW remain the thrill rides, there is simply no contesting that.

You sir are an anomaly, one who I happen to like a whole bunch.

The fact that anyone would honestly debate which would be more appealing to most teenagers here only demonstrates how slanted this page is, as it is full of fans and people who love disney, as I do. I would bet ever asset I have, that if you actually proper research into it, Teens would pick Universal over WDW, hands down. Mind you, none of us have access to said data, nor are we going to hire a survey firm to do such.
I would agree with this. Many people my age aren't all that interested in going to Disney but would do a day trip to six flags for sure.

I agree. I did not go to Universal until my kids hit their teens. I have to say I was greatly impressed.

The point I was trying to make about the smaller dark rides in WS wasn't that WDW in general didn't need more thrill rides or headliners, rather that it would be better for WS to have 3-4 things (that is not simply watching a movie) to do instead of simply waiting in line for 2 hours for 1 headliner. I remember reading a long time ago that there was supposed to be an attraction in the Germany pavilion. I love to find a shady bench, sit and people watch (ok I MAY have a beer with me). People wander in look around and you practically hear them think, "What am I supposed to do in here?"

You can't put up 3-4 Soarin's around WS but increase capacity and give everybody something to actually do in WS besides Drink Around the World. I still enjoy the Grand Fiesta Tour on occasion. Put something similar up in China, Germany, Japan, Canada or the Outpost. They wouldn't need to be Billion Dollar projects just the attention of some creative people and some investment of capital. Then maybe, they would be able to get enough of a crowd to justify opening it at earlier and not waiting until 11 AM. Make is a destination instead of a place to go to watch Illuminations.

Wizarding world is pretty old at this point. Whats important to note is that crowds are GROWING at Universal, and they are SHRINKING at WDW. Its not a matter of both growing and one just doing a bit better, though even that would suggest one was doing a better job of satisfying the market. WDW attendance is down, Universal is up, considerably.

The non-thrill rides you point to fill up for a couple reason, 1 - the big thrill rides are already full 2 - the cater to the demographic that CAN"T ride other things. I mean, I love me some toy story and haunted mansion, but the most popular rides at WDW remain the thrill rides, there is simply no contesting that.

Sorry can't help it but the other reason is FP+ has made all standby lines much longer.

Then explain why Universal is seeing growing crowds and are taking market share away from Disney, while WDW is seeing Shrinking crowds and lower attendance. And also explain why the most popular rides, at WDW are the Thrill rides. Rockin Roller Coaster, Everest, Tower of Terror, Test Track, Soarin, Flight of Passage, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Heck even 7DMT is sold as a roller coaster.

Universal's attendance has risen, but it is still less than half of what Magic Kingdom's attendance is. Some of the most popular attractions at Magic Kingdom are:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Dumbo
It's a Small World
Mickey's Philharmagic
Peter Pan's Flight
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Under the Sea
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

20.4 million people went to Magic Kingdom last year
18 million people went to Disneyland last year

9.9 million people went to Universal Studios last year
9.4 million people went to Islands of Adventure last year

Looks like Cars Land maybe heading towards a dead end. The people with seniority in the company believe that Cars Land doesn't fit with the vision of Epcot. So it is looking like less of a possibility than it did about a month ago.

I doubt the rumors or ideas are true, but it is now being discussed on YouTube. You gotta love the kids. It would be so funny if the rumors spread and Disney actually hears about it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter