Cars Land is possibly coming to Epcot

It just wouldn't work and doesn't make any sense. There isn't room near Test Track to create such a land nor does a large circular building look like something from Cars.
Doesn't Cars 3 focus on traditional oval track racing?

Doesn't Cars 3 focus on traditional oval track racing?
Yes as did the first movie. With that said the building is a circle not an oval. Going back to the original world of motion attraction the building was built to look like a wheel.

Ok i'm racking my brain-- where are you getting this "air" pavilion? There's the land, and the Seas, and Imagination, and.....energy, and the closed one, and mission space... is that Air? and TT...?
I'm assuming when people say Air they are referring to the Land pavilion since it houses Soarin'. Think the Up characters could fit for Land as well so would work for the entire pavilion. Russell is a scout and they all journeyed through a jungle. But obviously with the flying house and the blimp at the end it fits in perfectly for air as well.

It's in the first post.

The rumor and/or idea is to have a 3rd pavilion called The Air Pavilion. This way Epcot has Land, Sea and Air on the right side of the park.

I'd prefer a name change for the front no matter what happens. I've never liked the idea of Futureworld East being West and vice a versa. I don't care if layout wise Epcot is facing the opposite direction and the front is on the most northern part. It's just weird.

I've always wondered why they haven't utilized wall-e, a robot from the future, in future world. So many educational things they could do with him at the center of. They could fill inoventions with hands on fun things just based on him alone. IMO anyways.

That really brings new meaning to the term "superuser".

Seriously though, how does one go about riding something 9100 times?

I don't know. It opened 6/15/12, making it 1791 Actual Days it has been opened as of today. So if you went to DL every day since it opened, you would have to ride it more than 5 times per day. Given his 9100 number was some point in the past, the average is probably higher.

I don't know. It opened 6/15/12, making it 1791 Actual Days it has been opened as of today. So if you went to DL every day since it opened, you would have to ride it more than 5 times per day. Given his 9100 number was some point in the past, the average is probably higher.

I sat through the video just out of curiosity. He pretty much has been going daily. Single rider line. Has days where he rides 30+ times in a single day. Tracks every single ride in a notebook with the color car, which one it was, which track and whether he won or lost. Sounded like he has the time to do it, though I can't remember the specifics of his schedule. Plans to slow down a bit as he progresses towards 10,000, at which point he plans to stop.

I can only dream of having that kind of free time!

So somehow he has been riding it at least 35x per week (roughly), or over 150x a month. I guess if you can go twice a week and knock out over 25x per day you could keep up and build a cushion for those off-weeks or months. Interesting use of an AP. Just shows there are all kinds of people in the world.

I dunno.. While highly unlikely, I could see them re-doing Test Track w/ a Cars theme. Just not a Radiator Springs theme like Cars Land in DL as disneysource11 said. Perhaps a race track themed like one of the cities in Cars 2 (Tokyo, London, or the fictional Italian town Porto Corsa) which would fit more into the World Showcase concept.

That being said though, i've heard talk recently that GotG may not now be coming to Universe of Energy, but instead replace Rock 'n' Roller Coaster in DHS at some point in the future. (please note: this is no way starting a rumor, I have heard this from one source, and cannot confirm any credibility).

I've heard that as well. Disney is thinking about making DHS a land based park like Magic Kingdom. They just want to see how Tower goes over this summer in California. If it goes as planned they'd like to overlay both RnR and Tower and create a whole Guardians section. Plus they don't want to be affiliated with Twilight Zone anymore.

I've heard that as well. Disney is thinking about making DHS a land based park like Magic Kingdom. They just want to see how Tower goes over this summer in California. If it goes as planned they'd like to overlay both RnR and Tower and create a whole Guardians section. Plus they don't want to be affiliated with Twilight Zone anymore.
I don't want to try and sound rude but none of this makes any sense. I track rumors and have been doing so for a few years now.

DHS was already sort of land based. Sunset boulevard is a section. Hollywood boulevard is "the Main Street". Pixar place, animation courtyard, muppets courtyard.

I don't see any evidence that Disney doesn't want to be affiliated with twilight zone. Bob Chapek has said the DHS tower is staying as is. Every source I've seen has guardians going other places than ToT. RnR was an old rumor back when the guardians rumors first started.

I don't want to try and sound rude but none of this makes any sense. I track rumors and have been doing so for a few years now.

DHS was already sort of land based. Sunset boulevard is a section. Hollywood boulevard is "the Main Street". Pixar place, animation courtyard, muppets courtyard.

LOL, Echo Lake area, and Sunset Boulevard aren't really themed lands. They are just generic terms for areas of the park. The attractions in each section are a mixed bag of different things that aren't related at all. Indiana, 50's Prime, Star Wars, Frozen, Aerosmith, Tower, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic.

Even if they were at first loosely based on decades, they aren't anymore.

Indiana (1980's - present)
Star Wars (1970's - present)
American Idol (2002 - present)
Frozen (2013 - present)
Aerosmith (1970's - present)
Tower (1950's - 80's)
B and B (1990's - present)
Fantasmic (1940's - 2000)

Last edited:
LOL, Echo Lake area, and Sunset Boulevard aren't really themed lands. They are just generic terms for areas of the park. The attractions in each section are a mixed bag of different things that aren't related at all. Indiana, 50's Prime, Star Wars, Frozen, Aerosmith, Tower, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic.

Even if they were at first loosely based on decades, they aren't anymore.

Indiana (1980's - present)
Star Wars (1970's - present)
American Idol (2002 - present)
Frozen (2013 - present)
Aerosmith (1970's - present)
Tower (1950's - 80's)
B and B (1990's - present)
Fantasmic (1940's - 2000)
All of the areas made sense when the park opened. Disney just is trying to shoehorn anything they can into this park.

Exactly. Going to this level of extreme is pathetic. Riding RSR 10,000 times isn't a hobby - it's obsession. I feel sorry for the guy; he's doing all of this alone?

We all love going to parks...no doubt.

But this type of activity by some type of silver spooner isn't cute...

I'd have more respect if he rode it 100 times and then volunteered at children's hospital or something...

All of the areas made sense when the park opened. Disney just is trying to shoehorn anything they can into this park.

The original concept is blown...part because of realities and part by decisions...

So it's well on its way to MK lite...
...which is why Epcot NEEDS something other that the silliness of Elsa. It needs a new overall goal, even if IP is used.

That's why I said that Studios wants to go with lands, it fits the new name of the park (Disney's Hollywood Adventure). They want people to feel apart of the adventure rather then just watching it.

That's why I said that Studios wants to go with lands, it fits the new name of the park (Disney's Hollywood Adventure). They want people to feel apart of the adventure rather then just watching it.
That's the whole point of the future of the park. They have said they want you inside the movie rather than seeing it made.

I’ve heard some new details into what will possibly be created for Epcot’s version of Cars Land. Of course these are just rumors and ideas from the Disney creative team.

- Tow Mater and Fillmore Time Travelers - similar to Ellen, but much shorter and actually entertaining

- Luigi’s Casa Della Tires – similar to Crush Coaster in Disneyland Paris

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter