Cases rising or dropping by you?

Close the bars and schools and require masks. That seems to be the winning formula.

I have to say... the importance of having bars open is baffling to me. I’m in NYS & still can’t sit in a movie theater, not talking, with a mask on, in seats that can be specifically designated for distancing, for 2 hours of relaxation. But people can go in bars, sit with their masks off while they are in loosely defined spaces, laughing & talking loudly for at least as long as a movie would take.

Florida reported 202 deaths today with changes on 61 different days. The earliest death reported today was from May 21st! Miami reported 47 of the deaths today.

My county has 3 hospitals with 15 cases hospitalized Primarily for Covid-19. There are also 5 cases that are positive hospitalized for something else.

https://www.click2houston.com/health/2020/09/21/young-houston-doctor-dies-from-covid-19/

As someone who has family and friends go through med school and residency to achieve their dreams of becoming a doctor, this kind of news is very heartbreaking. And the symptoms she had....
Young and (presumably) healthy.
In the CNN article her sister said, Despite a history of asthma, upper respiratory infections and pneumonia, her sisters shared with TV station KHOU, going into work was "what (Adeline) wants to be doing." https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/us/houston-adeline-fagan-covid-19-death/index.html

Have to admit, you got me there. I didn’t see that article before. Looks like ineffectiveness on both sides. Reflective of what’s been going on in the US with no coordinated effort since.
Just last week a nursing home employee went to our local news station to report about how they are handing nursing home residents who have Covid. She said if the nursing home patient tests positive for Covid but is not shedding the virus, (coughing or sneezing) then that patient remains in the same room with their roommate who does not have the virus. They only isolate covid positive patients who are shedding the virus. The nursing home employee has the virus but they made her come to work until she had proof that she was positive for it. So she said she worked 3 days taking care of patients till she found out the was positive. SMH its no wonder there are so many in nursing homes that have died. Our governor is not allowing any family members to visit loved ones in nursing homes here for fear of bring the virus into the facility but the facility is not protecting the residence from other residences that have it.

Please provide a peer reviewed article regarding the other outcomes. I don’t know anyone who is having long term affects.

Right. If I don’t know of anyone personally, then it doesn’t exist?

Do we know what the outcomes specific to this virus will be in some patients after 5 to 10 years? Obviously not because this virus has been circulating for less than a year. But, are some of the more enduring symptoms similar to those observed in patients with severe pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases? Definitely, yes.

Just do a Google search. No need to provide a link for something prevalent and easy to find on Google.

And, if you want to read about how it affects physiologically, read the many peer reviewed articles readily accessible on a Google search. There are dozens and dozens of articles in peer reviewed, highly respected journals such as Nature and NEJM that show the effects, even in asymptomatic individuals, as studied by groups all over the world. You can read papers from US and EU groups if you distrust scientific papers written by Chinese research teams (which still show up on the same highly respected journals).

Just last week a nursing home employee went to our local news station to report about how they are handing nursing home residents who have Covid. She said if the nursing home patient tests positive for Covid but is not shedding the virus, (coughing or sneezing) then that patient remains in the same room with their roommate who does not have the virus. They only isolate covid positive patients who are shedding the virus. The nursing home employee has the virus but they made her come to work until she had proof that she was positive for it. So she said she worked 3 days taking care of patients till she found out the was positive. SMH its no wonder there are so many in nursing homes that have died. Our governor is not allowing any family members to visit loved ones in nursing homes here for fear of bring the virus into the facility but the facility is not protecting the residence from other residences that have it.
What?!? :eek: Aren't all Covid-positive people shedding the virus through their exhalation droplets non-stop and isn't that why we're all masked? The bolded seems beyond absurd.

What?!? :eek: Aren't all Covid-positive people shedding the virus through their exhalation droplets non-stop and isn't that why we're all masked? The bolded seems beyond absurd.
You can test positive long after you are no longer contagious. The virus is said to only be active for about 10 days. All people who test positive should be isolated for 10 days.

You can test positive long after you are no longer contagious. The virus is said to only be active for about 10 days. All people who test positive should be isolated for 10 days.

There is talk about modifying the testing sensitivity. It’s a fine balance between what a test is trying to accomplish.

Outbreaks at 2 strip clubs, University and house parties. Hope they actually enforce fines as in the past only a handful got fined so it didn’t deter these people.
This was my post from 6 days ago. Today my area has closed strip clubs due to too many outbreaks until further notice.

We hit a Labor Day bump in cases. My county is back to more than 75 cases per 100,000 people over 14 days.

I honestly don’t think it’s going to get any better until a vaccine. People seem to be hitting COVID fatigue and aren’t going to isolate like they were at the beginning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter