• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

We are arriving the day before as well - I think we'll be hiring a private guide to take us to all the places we won't see with ABD. My sister and I go with my Dad for a father/daughter trip every 2 years. 2 years ago we toured Italy on a Queenslander tour (excellent trip - they limit group to 16). We only had 8 on ours! 2 other couples and a woman whose husband doesn't fly :). It was awesome! 2 years before that we did England and France on our own - we rented apartments through VRBO and I just hired local guides in various locations.

The beer spa sounds cool! Maybe if I was with my husband I'd consider :) With Dad..... uh ... no :)

Our first ABD was May 2013 Signature Viva Italy. It was Adults Only and the first of the year. We had 12. Dusty and Marco B were our Guides and it was Fantastico!

I thought my DH would like the Beer Spa since you take a bath in beer ingredients..while drinking beer from a tap.

It's near our Hotel. We found it while looking on a Travel Site for Prague.

Ready @wdwtheplacetobe !

I've been out and about and offline for a bit! Hit Disney World for a week (8/14-8/21) then out the next day for a week in the sun down in the Outer Banks - Corolla, NC! Just got in a few hours ago and will head to work for a couple of weeks then "here we go!!!!"

Jen

Ready @wdwtheplacetobe !

I've been out and about and offline for a bit! Hit Disney World for a week (8/14-8/21) then out the next day for a week in the sun down in the Outer Banks - Corolla, NC! Just got in a few hours ago and will head to work for a couple of weeks then "here we go!!!!"

Jen
We're almost doing the Single Digit Dance. Did you see the Hotel Changes??? Hotel Edelweiss in Berchtesgaden and the Ritz-Carlton in Vienna. The Ritz is closer to the stuff we want to do while exploring Vienna. Schmetterling Haus!

We're almost doing the Single Digit Dance. Did you see the Hotel Changes??? Hotel Edelweiss in Berchtesgaden and the Ritz-Carlton in Vienna. The Ritz is closer to the stuff we want to do while exploring Vienna. Schmetterling Haus!

The Ritz in Vienna isn't a new hotel for this trip. We stayed there last year on this ABD. Not sure about the change to the Hotel Edelweiss in Berchtesgaden. I know the Intercontinental became a Kempinski, so maybe that is the reason for the change. The Intercontinental was fabulous. Definitely my favorite hotel of the trip. Looking at the pictures of the Edelweiss, I'd give the Intercontinental/Kempinski the nod, but I'll be curious to hear what you think of the Edelweiss. Enjoy your trip!

Not a new hotel for this trip...but a change for us. After I read SingingMom's review... I was bummed that we weren't at the Ritz. The change came this afternoon! Both the
Kempinski Hotels are gone! It will be fine. It's ABD. Wonder who our Guides will be?

Hello All,

The Kempinski Hotels more than priced themselves out of ABD 's price range .

NOW Take a look at The Ritz Carlton in Vienna .... First Class ....nothing to fear.

Hotel Edelweiss what a fantastic hotel ...

To View both Go to Google Earth and go to Vienna & Berchtesgaden & put in both Hotels.

P.S. DO NOT FORGET YOUR SWIM GEAR For BOTH HOTELS

Most Hotels , in Europe , are of a higher standard than a lot of USA hotels .

Not a new hotel for this trip...but a change for us. After I read SingingMom's review... I was bummed that we weren't at the Ritz. The change came this afternoon! Both the
Kempinski Hotels are gone! It will be fine. It's ABD. Wonder who our Guides will be?

So happy you will be at The Ritz-Carlton! If you like French toast, DD raved about it. ;-). I hope you get one of the large rooms. We were in heaven!

As for the Kempinski in Berchtesgaden, maybe they were booked. Our poor guides had to leave the last night there because they overbooked. Looked like another large party had arrived.

Just back from settling DD in for her internship at WDW. Talk about HOT! Wow!!

So happy you will be at The Ritz-Carlton! If you like French toast, DD raved about it. ;-). I hope you get one of the large rooms. We were in heaven!

As for the Kempinski in Berchtesgaden, maybe they were booked. Our poor guides had to leave the last night there because they overbooked. Looked like another large party had arrived.

Just back from settling DD in for her internship at WDW. Talk about HOT! Wow!!
Internship or College Program? Either is exciting! But....yes...August is Hot! I grew up in Texas...same weather! Hope she has a Magical time!

Hello All,

The Kempinski Hotels more than priced themselves out of ABD 's price range .

NOW Take a look at The Ritz Carlton in Vienna .... First Class ....nothing to fear.

Hotel Edelweiss what a fantastic hotel ...

To View both Go to Google Earth and go to Vienna & Berchtesgaden & put in both Hotels.

P.S. DO NOT FORGET YOUR SWIM GEAR For BOTH HOTELS

Most Hotels , in Europe , are of a higher standard than a lot of USA hotels .

Not concerned in the least! Just had to redo itinerary for suitcases and ER contacts. Swimsuits are packed. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Internship or College Program? Either is exciting! But....yes...August is Hot! I grew up in Texas...same weather! Hope she has a Magical time!

DCP, but she already graduated college this past May, so she's hoping to be hired & stay after the program!

FYI - bring those bathing suits, but you most likely won't have time to swim! There is too much to see, do, eat, & drink!

DCP, but she already graduated college this past May, so she's hoping to be hired & stay after the program!

FYI - bring those bathing suits, but you most likely won't have time to swim! There is too much to see, do, eat, & drink!
The only time we had swimsuits on last time was the huge hot tub at the Spa in Tuscany....but they're packed anyway.

There is always " Time for a swim " ....... provided the pool is open ( opening times are posted at reception )

A 10 min swim would do you good .

I looked up the Hotel Edelweiss - looks beautiful! Spa sounds wonderful too. I know who won't be a guide - Jennae - she just finished up in Prague. Met her at an ABD event in White Plains NY when they announced the River Cruises (I'm a Disney authorized agent :) ) last May. I asked her if we would have time to go to Eagles Nest as it sounds like a great trip - she said, "Jennae - Adventures by Disney - There is a strong chance that your Guides can make time for anyone who would like to go before our Salzburg day :)"

By the way, I asked ABD last week how many are on the trip and there are 29 -

Jen

I looked up the Hotel Edelweiss - looks beautiful! Spa sounds wonderful too. I know who won't be a guide - Jennae - she just finished up in Prague. Met her at an ABD event in White Plains NY when they announced the River Cruises (I'm a Disney authorized agent :) ) last May. I asked her if we would have time to go to Eagles Nest as it sounds like a great trip - she said, "Jennae - Adventures by Disney - There is a strong chance that your Guides can make time for anyone who would like to go before our Salzburg day :)"

By the way, I asked ABD last week how many are on the trip and there are 29 -

Jen

Only 29? That will be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter