• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Champions Gate: Give me the Good ,the Bad and the Ugly.

Is there a back road that the locals know and use to avoid the traffic ?
In the meantime be sure to study and understand the new construction interchange before arriving :

510286FB-A428-4F54-946A-A246EFD99191.png

Good: Lots of restaurants and places to stay. Movie theatre in Posner Park. Easy access to Winter Haven attractions like Bok Tower and Legoland. Easier access to Tampa.

Bad: The traffic. The traffic. The traffic. And the traffic.

I used to live off that exit and there really isn't a great way to get around it. You can go out of your way to get on 192 to go to Disney, or take World Drive off I-4. But if you're going further east, you have to grin and bear it. Unless you're going to Downtown Orlando or parts further east, then you can take 429 to the Turnpike to the 408, or the 429 to I-4 near Sanford.

TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC.. ....Unbelievable
Yup! And really no way around it.
Unfortunately true...

We have owned a vacation home in the Champions Gate area for 11 years and have seen the traffic grow to crazy levels. Fueled by rapid building of single family home and apartment complexes in the area. It wasn't bad when we first were there in 2012 but the in last 5 years the traffic has exploded.

The improvements to the Champions Gate interchange will help but I-4 will still get clogged headed north in the morning and south in the afternoon.

Go to Google Maps around 8am and 4pm and turn traffic on. You will see all of the red on both the main highways and the back roads.

Lots of restaurants.
Nice area once you get off i-4 area
Outside mall at ext 55
Cows in fields.
Good: Lots of restaurants and places to stay. Movie theatre in Posner Park. Easy access to Winter Haven attractions like Bok Tower and Legoland. Easier access to Tampa.

Also true. A few of the reasons why we chose to be there. And, of course, being close to Disney. And yes, you don't have to travel very far to the west to see cows in the fields. And orange groves.

We have owned a vacation home in the Champions Gate area for 11 years and have seen the traffic grow to crazy levels. Fueled by rapid building of single family home and apartment complexes in the area. It wasn't bad when we first were there in 2012 but the in last 5 years the traffic has exploded.
I've been in the area for 15 years now (!!!) and the amount of apartment complexes going up recently is ridiculous. They needed to fix the roads first! I'm off 27 now and it's a lot easier to get to Disney and parts east, BUT the traffic getting from 429 to 27 along 192 is ridiculous in the evenings. I heard they were supposed to build a bypass, but I'm still waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter