"Change" we can believe in

Even more generalizations, keep it up! Nothing makes your argument sound more valid!

Uh-oh, the community board will be here in force in no time! Time to go into the bunker and watch!!!

Yea, cause only conservatives work. Almost as lame as the saying that we all view him as the Messiah.

Generalizations are a great argument :thumbsup2

Aren't you due back on the Community Board? They miss you.

Even more generalizations, keep it up! Nothing makes your argument sound more valid!

“The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry”

as4.gif
Richard Dawkins

I guess when you really have nothing to respond with, you can always resort to saying "you don't belong here". It really makes a great point.

“The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry”

as4.gif
Richard Dawkins

If you're claiming that a generalization is rational inquiry, you should really go back and read exactly what Dawkins was saying.

I guess when you really have nothing to respond with, you can always resort to saying "you don't belong here". It really makes a great point.

They still miss you over there.

I don't see that hiring the same people that have been in charge for the last 16 years is evidence of "change." If you do, then you need to stay on the CB.

Since you basically said the same thing, I will quote for emphasis.

Actually, the true indication that one doesn't have anything to say is when you just repeat yourself.

If you're claiming that a generalization is rational inquiry, you should really go back and read exactly what Dawkins was saying.

No, I am saying that anyone who is so attached to "hope" and "change" merely for the act of going with the crowd, is perpetuating the fallacy that there may actually be a change. Blind faith only perpetuates the original message and does not encourage dissenting opinions, it only feeds itself, and entrenches it followers deeper in their own beliefs.

No, I am saying that anyone who is so attached to "hope" and "change" merely for the act of going with the crowd, is perpetuating the fallacy that there may actually be a change. Blind faith only perpetuates the original message and does not encourage dissenting opinions, it only feeds itself, and entrenches it followers deeper in their own beliefs.

Agreed. Anyone that voted for Obama on the simple premise of hope and change is a fool.

However, to generalize all those that voted for him as being that way is foolish as well.

Don't worry. Oprah will be on again tomorrow and you will have a new sentence to repeat all night.

Ahh, more generalizations. That's right, only liberals watch Oprah. She hasn't built up a humungous base amongst conservatives for almost a decade now or anything. I guess I could generalize and say that Fox News told you to say that with their talking points, but I prefer to think beyond those.

I don't confuse entertainment with enlightenment.

When you decide to use your regular screen name and let go of the Edit button you might begin to sound legit.

Ok, now I'm lost. Is this how you typically debate?

By the way, assuming is about as bad as generalizing. I would choose a different route.

The liberals mantra of "what can the country do for me" is the problem. They want to pay less taxes and get more for free. You can not have both! I heard so much about less "pork" and directed spending, and less than 2 weeks into the new administration, we are setting records.

Mr. Obama used people's desperation as a tool to achieve his own ends and it is already apparent that he is no different than any other politician. I wonder how long it will take for the indoctrinated to see the new administration for what it really is?

Ok, now I'm lost. Is this how you typically debate?

By the way, assuming is about as bad as generalizing. I would choose a different route.

We weren't debating, you were interrupting. The Community Board called, they need your in-depth analysis over there.

We weren't debating, you were interrupting. The Community Board called, they need your in-depth analysis over there.

So now your argument is that this is "your" forum? You really shouldn't give up so easy.

The liberals mantra of "what can the country do for me" is the problem. They want to pay less taxes and get more for free. You can not have both! I heard so much about less "pork" and directed spending, and less than 2 weeks into the new administration, we are setting records.

Mr. Obama used people's desperation as a tool to achieve his own ends and it is already apparent that he is no different than any other politician. I wonder how long it will take for the indoctrinated to see the new administration for what it really is?

Actually, I think the liberal mantra is "How can the country change to make it better for all of us". I agree that there is too much pork in the stimulus bill, and it annoys liberals as much as it does conservatives. Most liberals aren't naive enough to think that politics would just be thrown out the window with Obama.

Let me rephrase that and say "most liberals that didn't vote solely on the hope and change argument" aren't naive enough.

Let me rephrase that and say "most liberals that didn't vote solely on the hope and change argument" aren't naive enough.

I know what you are doing over here at the camping boards, you've been craving stimulating conversation! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter