Changing area for pools before check in

abk96

Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters
ETA: I mean after check in but before we can get into our room.

We'll be checking in early on Wed. and I was wondering if there is any place for us to change into our bathing suits because I'm sure our room will not be ready? If so where is it?

This question is for BWV.

TIA

You can use the fitness club for changing. It is very convenient to the pool at the BWV and much better than just using a rest room.

HBC

I've never been to BV but OKW has a super nice shower/changing room/restroom by the pool complete with hairdryers! I'm sure BoardWalk will have the same thing.

They don't mind if you use the fitness club for the pool? I'll have 3 kids with me too.

They don't mind if you use the fitness club for the pool? I'll have 3 kids with me too.

I have been told by CM's to use it. (Of course I have also been told if I need an extra towel for my room to take it from the pool). I have also been directed with my four children to use the Beach Club fitness center for changing when we check in early there. Just ask at the front desk and a CM will direct you. Have fun.

HBC

Used the BW fitness center when we checked out on 7/6/07 after spending the entire day at the pool. It was so clean, comfortable and roomy. There are clean towels, blowdryers and lockers (free). It was so convenient and a wonderful.
On a footnote, I knew about it only because of this board. I saw the same question about the BCV prior to our trip and figured if the BC had one, so did the BW. Interesting, because someone else that was using it at the same time as us said she called the front desk and they told her there wasn't one! She had the sense to walk to the fitness center and ask herself! Thank goodness for the info on these boards.

This isn't BWV, but for anyone going to AKV.

We visited Animal Kingdom Lodge a few years ago (pre-AKV) and when visiting the pool area, checked out the bathrooms there. They are *huge*!! There are a ton of stalls, showers - maybe even lockers (I can't recall for sure). If you're going to be at AKV and want to use the pool, this would be the easiest, most convenient place to change.

Amanda

Thanks everyone for the useful info. I agree that these boards are terrific and filled with so much knowledge.

Thanks again!

For anyone needing a changing room at SSR, you can use the locker rooms for the SPA. We did this on Thursday afternoon prior to our flight. Needless to say, it was spotless, relaxing and the staff was very nice. My DD 5, loved it and thought it was her "first spa time with mommy".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter