Changing Points Used on Existing Reservation

What does it mean when the contracts are locked? Why does this happen?
Usually I contract is locked for not paying dues. I'm sure there could be other reasons why it could happen, like not paying a resort bill after a vacation.

What does it mean when the contracts are locked? Why does this happen?

When you book a reservation during the homes resort priority period, it locks that contract so that any future modifications force that contract to be used.

It prevents you from swapping non resort points for a reservation at 7 months. Sometimes, though, the system locks them for a non resort booking. I find it happens when I modify the original one and not when I book a brand new one at 7 months.

MS can unlock them when the reservation is not one booked at a home resort.

So I have a quick question for you folks after having your deed recorded on a DVC resale have any of you ever decided to say I don't want to wake three to four or five weeks to get my contract ID and number and decided that you're going to call and email Disney three times a day and either it's going to take the time it takes or they're going to get really sick of you calling and just give it to you I just started that yesterday anybody else ever do this and before you go on just realize in my head I bought the place and now they're dangling the keys in front of me saying you can't have it yet but thanks that is why I'm doing this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter