Check-in Changing to Tiered Castaway Club Status?

My 8/25 and 2/18 are both still unchanged. I know my Castaway Club number is attached because my booking window matches my Gold status.

I'm not as concerned about the 8/25 one since I'm on DCL transportation from WDW (and I'll be on a cruise to Bermuda when the new check-in window opens...though on Celebrity and I have their premium internet package so I should be able to do it). But that 2/18 one is out of Port Everglades, so... (Though perhaps when I rebook that using a future cruise certificate I'll get in August it might automatically change it.)

I just check my Disney Dream October 17, 2023 Canadian sailing out of NY. I am Gold Castaway Club and my check in date has been moved to 35 days before sailing now!:woohoo:

I'd say maybe they're going in alphabetical order...but my parents have the same last name and their June cruise changed.

August and February still unchanged for me. :(

I'd say maybe they're going in alphabetical order...but my parents have the same last name and their June cruise changed.

My February cruise is still showing 30 days. So who knows how Disney IT is handling it

Not sure if that is true--on all four of the 3 night sailings we've been on, there were still plenty of activities to book by the 75-day mark for first timers, whereas on both 7-night sailings and the 5-night sailing we've been on, most things were fully booked at silver (or in one case BEFORE silver). My theory is that there is a higher percentage of first time cruisers on the shorter sailings because they book a short cruise to "test out the waters" and see if they like cruising, without spending a lot of money and vacation time, whereas the longer cruises attract the repeat cruisers who love disney and want a longer cruise to maximize their time on the ship.

I don’t know if that’s true currently with The Wish in particular. I don’t know if it’s the additional Concierge rooms or if there are a bunch of veteran cruisers just wanting to check her out because she’s brand new, but even as a gold member, it was nearly impossible to book activities for our sailing last November.

I think it could be potentially true if you’re booking an older ship, I know the Magic and the Dream sometimes offer four night cruises.

And perhaps I was just extremely unlucky with our Wish sailing, but the common complaint seems to be that even platinum cruisers are having trouble getting into things like Palo brunch.

My bff and I are new to cruising and next week we're doing the four-day cruise to Vancouver to "test the waters." We were lucky with the PAT times (Boarding Group 2 & 3) because we followed the instructions here on how to move quickly for checking in. We pre-loaded the JPEG files on both iPhone and laptops. Also we feel blessed to have Palo Dinner despite the upcharge, plus we have spa appointments and one port excursion in Victoria. We'll see if Palo brunch is available on embarkation day. We have only two days at sea. We were told by the Disney reps that Palo brunch had availability for larger groups but not us - yet. Thanks to all on these boards for your helpful advice :)

I'd like to thank everyone for their kind responses on my question. I think it's all good advice - we're big believers on expectation setting and not promising something we can't deliver on. I haven’t mentioned any of the extra activities to my daughter and likely won't until things are squared away on embarkation day!

My only other perspective is that many folks say "there is always next time" or "we all start somewhere." Totally valid. I failed to mention that my travel group doesn't view this as the first of many Disney cruises. Of course, we could all fall in love with DCL and opt to book more (let's hope!) but there is a strong push to maximize the vacation if this ends up being a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I think a lot of it comes from traveling with park pros who work hard to fit everything in. Learning it's a different mindset. Thanks again! 😊

I think a lot of it comes from traveling with park pros who work hard to fit everything in. Learning it's a different mindset.

Understandable. Just start working on the mindset that you simply CANNOT do everything on the cruise. Some things will be offered at conflicting times and you'll have to choose. Trying to do everything will leave everyone exhausted and cranky.

I think a lot of it comes from traveling with park pros who work hard to fit everything in.
Ah...but how long are those parks visits? And what is "everything" that you manage to fit in? I suspect there are plenty of tours, dining, shows and activities that don't actually fit in to the plan - and yet you still manage to have an enjoyable vacation. WDW, like DCL, has a lot more to offer than what pretty much anybody can do in 1 vacation.

I think a lot of it comes from traveling with park pros who work hard to fit everything in.

And here I am finally returning to the cruise line now that kids are old enough, to get away from that. Seriously, we're doing DCL because I wanted a floating pool with drinks and characters.

But that being said, much like we tell people on their one and done WDW trips, "you won't be able to see/do it all, it's too big" that applies even more on a big old boat.

I remember I really wanted to go to the adult lounges on the Dream in 2014 (for some reason Pink stands out). Yeah well, we'd finish the second dinner seating exhausted and never once made it there.

We're on the 4 night Wish next February, and we've basically decided unless one of the kids is completely boat sick the entire time, we're doing a 7 night itinerary in 2025.

We're in the same situation. First-time cruisers getting shafted once again.
Same here not happy I should have technically more cruises than I do as they count a 3 day cruise and. 7 and 14 day. Cruse as the same. Should be one point every 3/4 days. But everyone has their own take and I support all opinions

September and October changed for me, but December is still at 30.

September and October changed for me, but December is still at 30.

Both are still unchanged for me. I've even tried looking on a different browser and using Incognito so previous checking wouldn't affect it.

We are silver status and sailing in September. Ours still shows as checking in 30 days prior. I hope they are slowly rolling this out and will get to us eventually.

August cruise changed. February is still at 30 days.

In regards to PAT in the pre times the buses from the resorts arrived later in the day so the long lines of people waiting to board were already gone. With more people being able to book their PAT the resort buses could possibly arrive later. Disney can control the crowd levels at the port via the bus arrival times.
The buses from the airport had earlier arrival times.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter