Checking in without member

Cptnkirky

Mouseketeer
I think we have done this before, but wanted to verify. We are going in May and parents (DVC members) may not attend, but still unsure. For ease, we may leave them on the ressie, as they are noted as the main person. There is nothing really tied to them other then the room. Are we able to checkin to the resort without the member with us as long as we are listed under the guests and have no issues?

There is no problem checking in without the DVC members being present. I would suggest at the point your parents decide they are not traveling with you, they should remove their names from the guest list. The members dues are based on the number of guests listed on the reservation, so why increase the dues when they are present at the resort. Their names can easily be removed by them using the member online booking system, or a call to member services. Also if you have the dining plan and their names are on the guest list, you have to pay for the dining plan for them as well.

There is no problem checking in without the DVC members being present. I would suggest at the point your parents decide they are not traveling with you, they should remove their names from the guest list. The members dues are based on the number of guests listed on the reservation, so why increase the dues when they are present at the resort. Their names can easily be removed by them using the member online booking system, or a call to member services. Also if you have the dining plan and their names are on the guest list, you have to pay for the dining plan for them as well.

Thank you! Didn't know about the dues... as we all share that cost it is good to know! :) No other plans hooked to their name...

Are we able to checkin to the resort without the member with us as long as we are listed under the guests and have no issues?
Any adult (ages 18+) that's listed on the room reservation can check in at the resort.

The members dues are based on the number of guests listed on the reservation, so why increase the dues when they are present at the resort.

I've never heard of this. Is there a thread that dives in deeper (so we don't hijack this thread)?

I think DenLo might mean that resort dues are estimated on total number of guests per year at the resort? That's the only thing I can think of as they'd use occupancy for transportation numbers and likely housekeeping?

I've never heard of this. Is there a thread that dives in deeper (so we don't hijack this thread)?

I have never heard of the number of guests listed on the reservation affecting dues. Where did that come from?

Several years ago when BLT dues took a rather large uptick the explanation given by DVC was that the occupancy of the villas was higher than anticipated and that they were basing allocations on those numbers. So they were budgeting to allocate a greater percentage of common area expenses to DVC. That would mean they don't base on occupancy limits but on actual guests on the reservation.

How strange, I never heard that either, the exception being Aulani where there is a Transient Occupancy Tax (or something like that) per person per night, but that is a legally required tax charged by the state of Hawaii.

Several years ago when BLT dues took a rather large uptick the explanation given by DVC was that the occupancy of the villas was higher than anticipated and that they were basing allocations on those numbers. So they were budgeting to allocate a greater percentage of common area expenses to DVC. That would mean they don't base on occupancy limits but on actual guests on the reservation.

That is right, as a BLT owner I am quite familiar that the number of guests really matter.

That is right, as a BLT owner I am quite familiar that the number of guests really matter.

I own there, too, and do not ever recall reading anything of the sort.

All I remember reading is that there were extreme issues with wear and tear on the cheap furnishings they started with, and changing the mini kitchen/vanity situation. Both of which cost extra money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter