Chef Mickey's Dinner, Cape May Cafe (breakfast, dinner) to resume in May; Tusker House opening June 20th

I got Chef Mickey’s for dinner on Memorial Day since that’s my pool day at GF, and Cape May for breakfast on 6/2 since that’s my pool day at YC. Can’t wait!
We also got Chef Mickey’s for dinner on Memorial Day!

What am I missing? Why book dinner there without the crab legs all you can eat deal? The dinner is wildly overpriced and not very good without the crab legs. Can't help but feel as if Disney is trying to incorporate cost-cutting measures they wanted to incorporate pre-pandemic and are blaming it on the pandemic.
Agree. The big draw at Cape May was the all you can eat crab legs. They had some quality control issues over the years but they were very good the past few times I ate there. While we can hope the family style bucket at the table is temporary, I doubt the $ headliner crab legs will ever be included in the price again. The great WDW menu reset has begun. :(

Hoping that Tusker House is open by mid-July. That would be an AWESOME birthday breakfast!!!

haha, I thought the price was reasonable for Disney. I would never pay that much to eat a meal around where I live, but Disney? duh :rotfl::rotfl:

I guess I'm not seeing how it is wildly overpriced - by Disney standards that is. It is the basically the same price as all of the other family style meals at Disney World such as Liberty Tree Tavern, Biergarten, or Crystal Palace.

As far as the menu, crab legs included would certainly be nice, but I would not say what they are offering is really all that limited. Seafood boil, steak and roasted chicken along with typical sides, salad and desserts.

I understand it is not what it once was with the buffet. But I really cannot see how this meal is any less of a value than just about any other table service meal at this time.
LTT has great food! Biergarten has good food and entertainment. CP has characters. CM now has nothing other than food to justify that high price and the food there - for the most part - is horrible other than the crab legs.

LTT has great food! Biergarten has good food and entertainment. CP has characters. CM now has nothing other than food to justify that high price and the food there - for the most part - is horrible other than the crab legs.

psst - CP has no characters right now

I guess where I am confused is that no one knows how the food will be at Cape May. The price for the food on the menu is not out of line at all with any of the other family style meals at WDW. Now that people are not going to be eating their body weight in crab legs at an all you can eat price of $55, there is certainly hope that the rest of the food will be better. For the most part, reviews of the food at Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and H&V have improved dramatically since they went to a family style serving, with fewer food options but better quality food. Why are you assuming that the food at Cape May will stay exactly the same as it was before now that the most expensive item in the all you can eat buffet is gone?

Look, Cape May may end being terrible. It may end up being great. No one really knows. But WDW is starting to build somewhat of a track record of increasing food quality at places that switched from buffets to family style meals. I guess we will have to just wait and see how it shakes out.

If the food all ends up being crap, then I will totally agree that it is overpriced and not worth it. Just like how I used to feel about Chef Mickeys.
If the food ends up being good, then it is really hard to argue that it is overpriced and not worth it. Just like how I feel about Biergarten.

The breakfast looks good! Not sure why they didn’t include two of everything in the skillet with the pancake, waffle, french toast but since it’s all you can eat, not a major issue. I’ll be dining solo so that won’t even be a factor.

The blood orange mimosa looks delicious!

Last edited:
The reviews I have read online today have been less than glowing for the Cape May breakfast. Quality and temperature seem to have been a complaint. Not really sure why everywhere is using the skillets either. Like, mix it up for goodness sakes.

We are going in July so I hope it is good. I will let you everyone know. Looking to hear what others have to say.

Hope that there are reviews/photos of the dinner, later today or tomorrow.

Just like a new restaurant, it’s always best to temper expectations at the beginning. They are just reopening and doing it a different way at that. The kinks will be worked out quickly, I’m sure.

AJ wolfe @disneyfoodblog posted two clips on his twitter page of the Cape May dinner. I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep my dinner ressie or not. :scratchin:scratchin

What time does breakfast start at Chef Mickey’s? Also can you get characters' autographs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter