Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I have an idea...if we win while you're there we convice your DH that you need to ALL the games because obviously they win when you're there. What do you think? Sound like a plan?
Might have t alter that suggestion to, "if the Cubs are playing, she needs to be at ALL the games" lol. Well, One could say I brought on one of the ugliest losses ever as well, so..:rolleyes1crowds for the trophy were ridiculous so will HAVE to return for that anyway,,:thumbsup2

Might have t alter that suggestion to, "if the Cubs are playing, she needs to be at ALL the games" lol. Well, One could say I brought on one of the ugliest losses ever as well, so..:rolleyes1crowds for the trophy were ridiculous so will HAVE to return for that anyway,,:thumbsup2

Okay fine...we'll go the unselfish route. For the selfish ME, I'd say you need to give us the W. For your sake, I'll concede.
Now we know why they lost. You didn't rub the trophy. All your fault. :rotfl2:

Okay fine...we'll go the unselfish route. For the selfish ME, I'd say you need to give us the W. For your sake, I'll concede.
Now we know why they lost. You didn't rub the trophy. All your fault. :rotfl2:
Probably. At least my DS got to see a great one today. Looks like KB celebrated for me.

Anyone wanna hurl? The NYY/Brewer game had a rain delay. The Brewers ended up winning and their announcer Bill Schroeder compared it to Cubs Game 7...even asking who gave the big speech for the Brew Crew tonight. :rolleyes: Considered they have copied the Cubs plan to the T so far, guess I'm not surprised. I'd be a little miffed tho, if my announcers were busy talking about another teams W after one we just did, lol.

well I don't have tickets and I don't plan to head down to W'ville , so I can do my part. :teeth:

I'll do my part here then. Hahahaha

And besides if they keep on the track they've been on they are due to lose this game anyways and I don't mind missing that...

Enjoy your Saturday!

I'll do my part here then. Hahahaha

And besides if they keep on the track they've been on they are due to lose this game anyways and I don't mind missing that...

Enjoy your Saturday!
shhhhhhh....that pattern is not going to continue
070617_chc_jay_winks_med_4mmqsa2h.gif

I'm going to the game tomorrow! We have a foreign exchange student with us for 3 weeks and we're showing her Wrigley field!

I swear I wasn't at the game....I took the brutal loss on Thursday, this one's not on me. We just gave the Brewers the boost they needed after their deflating loss today. Milwaukee get a huge break for upcoming Nats series with Taylor, Turner and now prob Strasburg out. STL only 1 game back as well. I just want to remind everyone to enjoy being the Reigning World Series Champs~Don't let this current average (so far) season diminish the euphoria of game 7. The way the world celebrated the Cubs? How can other teams NOT want the same?
AR-170509761.jpg&updated=201705021206&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

cubswinworldseries2016-getty-ftr-110316jpg_biuzgpkxdgt41pzrlcgp1201n.jpg
afp_afp_hq3tz_86442880.jpg
20170411-174831-Rizzo2-T5_61870.jpg
gettyimages-620778834.jpg
cubsfans-110516-191.jpg
main-qimg-813e28133fbecfb33eb196499ca24483-c
wrigley-banner-daniel-getty2.jpg
cubs-ring.jpg

I just want to remind everyone to enjoy being the Reigning World Series Champs~Don't let this current average (so far) season diminish the euphoria of game 7. The way the world celebrated the Cubs? How can other teams NOT want the same

You're entitled to feel that way. I'll have to hope that Theo isn't content with winning last year. I hope he's as hungry as he was last year. If he's not, or if anyone else on the team isn't, they shouldn't be playing or running the business.

Such a disappointing season.
It is disappointing. I didn't expect them to be as dominant as they were last year, but I did expect them to be better than they are now.

I still think they have time to gel. We're 4.5 behind the Brewers and 6.5 behind the Rockies. Its totally doable to catch up with half a season to go. Sadly, our guys will have a nice long All Star break. They are a young team and maybe that will give them time to regroup. A kind of game-7 rain delay for the season. Don't count them out yet.

You're entitled to feel that way. I'll have to hope that Theo isn't content with winning last year. I hope he's as hungry as he was last year. If he's not, or if anyone else on the team isn't, they shouldn't be playing or running the business.
No, Theo is not as hungry as he was last year. No one in the organization is. We were all literally starving last year.

That's not to say that Theo doesn't want a winning team. He certainly does, but I think Theo has a long view for the team. He's said as much in recent interviews that he likes the players he has and the core of the team isn't changing. Although the voting did not reflect it, the Cubs are a team of future All Stars but they are young and need to work through their growing pains. I'm okay with a less than stellar season if that means the Cubs will be solid for years to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter