Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

The answer to the pitching woes is not from within. So Theo is dead wrong on that. I understand that Theo doesn't want to give up any future stars but unless he plans to sign 2 pitchers in the off-season to $200 million contracts each (what it would take to win again), I suggest he thinks again.

well it sure would have been nice to fly the W for 5 days...but it could have been a worse beating
DEUeCnIXYAATsBG.jpg

eta..had wrong series! Lets get the Orioles ! Monty gets the start on Friday

Last edited:
No, Theo is not as hungry as he was last year. No one in the organization is. We were all literally starving last year.

That's not to say that Theo doesn't want a winning team. He certainly does, but I think Theo has a long view for the team. He's said as much in recent interviews that he likes the players he has and the core of the team isn't changing. Although the voting did not reflect it, the Cubs are a team of future All Stars but they are young and need to work through their growing pains. I'm okay with a less than stellar season if that means the Cubs will be solid for years to come.
Absolutely! That was a heck of a ride last year and I'm not gonna allow it to be drowned out by folks who can't appreciate it. Cubs accomplished the ultimate goal ahead of schedule...I'm fine with them returning to learning for sustainability. I have had tons of practice letting seasons like this (so far) roll off my back...it's easy because the Cubs are the greatest sports organization I have ever had the pleasure of fan girling, lol.
66264905beed510066881e5495792b4d.jpg

Absolutely! That was a heck of a ride last year and I'm not gonna allow it to be drowned out by folks who can't appreciate it. Cubs accomplished the ultimate goal ahead of schedule...I'm fine with them returning to learning for sustainability. I have had tons of practice letting seasons like this (so far) roll off my back...it's easy because the Cubs are the greatest sports organization I have ever had the pleasure of fan girling, lol.

What the heck are you going on about? These are two different seasons. Last season (2016) was amazing and was probably the greatest sports season I've ever seen (Illini 2005 men's basketball was close). I, and many others, are criticizing the play we've seen this season (2017). Just because we're criticizing the play this season doesn't mean we didn't appreciate last season. I don't know where you're getting that from.

We'd just gotten home from church and I get a text from my husband who was upstairs that says if I haven't checked on the game...don't.

I hadn't but then I did.

:scared:

I shouldn't have!

Glad it's break time. I think it's needed all around.

We'll get through this guys!! :grouphug:

Looks like the first inning killed us again. Wish we could stop that.
Strangely, we had something at chuch too and when I checked the score early on, it showed 2-0 with us winning. I checked maybe an hour or longer after and 12-2 losing. Then when I saw the recap, it showed 10 runs in the first inning, so I don't know how we EVER could have been 2-0 winning. I can only presume I got a bad link in my search or my phone decided to lie.

Looks like the first inning killed us again. Wish we could stop that.
Strangely, we had something at chuch too and when I checked the score early on, it showed 2-0 with us winning. I checked maybe an hour or longer after and 12-2 losing. Then when I saw the recap, it showed 10 runs in the first inning, so I don't know how we EVER could have been 2-0 winning. I can only presume I got a bad link in my search or my phone decided to lie.

I think your phone was trying to protect you!

That was more than getting killed. :faint: :scared1:
I'm going with it has to get worse before it can get better. Theo is prob wondering how to break the pattern of winning a WS and then tanking just like when it happened to him after the Boston win. Obviously he knows how to get the WS, just not how to not suck after it lol. Pirates get Marte back about a week after the ASB, and Brewers pitching seems to be very consistent, unfortunately. I know the chatter is that an Addie or Scwarber plus Candy Man sell/trade is all the buzz, but I am guessing Theo doesn't do a whole lot. Matter of fact, I wish he could get Matty back and still hoping Cog's is the PTBNL on the Miggy trade (WHO, BTW, people were commenting they wished we had back at the game I was at..saying Theo acted a little too quickly)

Hot Rumor is Cubs have offered Schwarber to Detroit in exchange for Michael Fulmer. No way does Detroit do that trade unless Cubs offer up something else. They would likely need to include Baez and a pitching prospect or 2.

Last edited:
So, I'm still cleaning and getting ready for the movers to come next week and I find this.
View attachment 252074 View attachment 252075
Neat, huh?
oh man! Ryno & Sutcliff!Bobby Denier! Bowa, Davis!! I seriously just time- warped :goodvibes Thanks for posting this...kinda, really needed it after how the AS game ended last night. Even Joe's Hellcat car probably couldn't get him out of there fast enough. Here are Davis' stats...what are the odds..I mean, and it costs the game

Wade Davis HR allowed: Last 73.1 regular season IP - 1 1 All-Star Game IP - 1

I am hoping Davis is just taking in the moments with his newborn these day's...been a little off since the family grew.
Also, better to have it happen in that game than a Cubs one. Brad Mills commented that it was kinda nice that a Cub cost the NL the game~ouch. That said, had to be one of THE most boring baseball games ever. Last year we had excitement right away with KB's bomb off of Sale. That said here is another interesting stat.. CRAZY !
MLB Stat of the Day
How’s this for evenly matched?
#ASG wins, all-time AL: 43 NL: 43
#ASG runs scored, all-time AL: 361 NL: 361

WOW.

Also speaking of KB...4 years ago today he hit the field to take BP for the Cubs..

bryant_sveum.jpg
971651_10101382759930040_721826490_n.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter