Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

That's what the chart I was following slots it at :confused3 perhap's it altered with the Nacho play?:rotfl2:

Yep got it. What I was getting at is that if the Cubs get to the NLCS, even with a worse record than Arizona (if Arizona faced and beat LA), we would host AZ and still have games 1,2,6,7. I’m getting ahead of myself of course.

Last edited:
Yep got it. What I was getting at is that if the Cubs get to the NLCS, even with a worse record than Arizona (if they faced and beat LA), we would have games 1,2,6,7 still. I’m getting ahead of myself of course.
Meh. If they beat the #1 seed they deserve it.

Yep got it. What I was getting at is that if the Cubs get to the NLCS, even with a worse record than Arizona (if they faced and beat LA), we would have games 1,2,6,7 still. I’m getting ahead of myself of course.

I follow now...but they said there wouldn't be any math, lol

Meh. If they beat the #1 seed they deserve it.
Mentioned it before...once we get to playoffs, it's all about THOSE games that matter. I admit, we'll have some tough games, but we can beat ANY of those teams. We've got a great bunch of guys...just need them all firing on all cylinders once we hit the playoffs and D-peat is possibly gonna happen!!!

Also... I’m sure you’ve heard this or have posted already earlier...

Historically, the Cubs have ALWAYS (correction: often) repeated championships... at least a d-peat. 1880-1881, 1885-1886, 1907-1908.

So, it’s in the bag. It’s science.

Yep got it. What I was getting at is that if the Cubs get to the NLCS, even with a worse record than Arizona (if Arizona faced and beat LA), we would host AZ and still have games 1,2,6,7. I’m getting ahead of myself of course.

...Indians fan slinks on in...

Ever since MLB went to the wild card, they've always given home field advantage to the division winner over a WC, regardless of record. Trying to put an emphasis on winning the division.

...I'm outta here... ;)

...Indians fan slinks on in...

Ever since MLB went to the wild card, they've always given home field advantage to the division winner over a WC, regardless of record. Trying to put an emphasis on winning the division.

...I'm outta here... ;)
shoo-shoo....lol.

Also... I’m sure you’ve heard this or have posted already earlier...

Historically, the Cubs have ALWAYS (correction: often) repeated championships... at least a d-peat. 1880-1881, 1885-1886, 1907-1908.

So, it’s in the bag. It’s science.
I like the way you think. We must win!

So...tonight...everyone sit in your assigned seating and wear whatever jersey creates wins. Let's clinch it tonight guys!
Go Cubs Go!!
(Hope you don't mind @Sepo ...liked the tagline so I used it too)

Tonight's champagne lineup (hopefully)
Jay getting a break so Zobie back in the LO~
Freeman getting some big boy experience, and he clocked one in Milwaukee! Maybe Addie's had his fill of Nacho's, LOL it's his reg scheduled day off~Resting Javy's knee..I would imagine Javy is in around the 7th or so, depending on score. If Jake is solid again tonight, as in when he beat the D-Back's in AZ..my play off stress will lesson (a little, lol)
Tommy Pham boiling over Zobie's coments..yeah Pham, his generalized response was directly only at you. Careful, your Rookie is showing.

images

images

LETS GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DKrFa_gXcAETkZt.jpg

So we got moved into our new home on Marco Island one day before Tropical Storm Emily hit the island and about six weeks before Hurricane Irma hit the island. Luckily we only had minor damage to our roof, soffit and pool cage (and the roof isn't leaking right now). Evacuated to near Atlanta, GA five days before the hurricane hit here and came back five days after, five days before we had to drive to St Pete to see the Cubs play the Rays. We put a few miles on the car and spent plenty of time on I-75. The first night at St Pete, they did a tribute to Joe for his seasons there. It was real nice and all the fans there gave him lots of love, even though the Cubs beat the Rays that night. We stayed at the Staybridge Suites which has transportation to the stadium and back to the hotel (five blocks from the stadium if anyone wants to hit a game there). I'd say at least 75% of the guests staying there were Cub fans. We met folks from Jacksonville, Indiana, Miami, all over the place. The hotel has drinks and light dinner on Mon, Tues and Wed nights for the guests (no extra charge) and Wed night was hamburger and hot dogs, plus beer, wine and sodas. Saved a bunch of money on ball park eats. The crowd was about half Cubbie Blue and the pitcher the first night, when he was interviewed after the game, was amazed at the Cub fans. Said it seemed like a Cub home game with all the Cub fans cheering. They use taped cheers at the ball park to make the fans seem louder than they really are. Cub fans still drowned out the cheering without any taped help. It had been nine years since the Cubs played at St Pete. We were lucky we made the game. No Cub games in St Pete next year, but they play the Marlins for their opener on Mar 29-Apr 1, 2018. As soon as we can, we're getting tickets to all four games. Those will be the only Cub games in this part of the world in 2018.

Fantastic news for Victor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a cousin contacted him with news that Victor's family is safe in Puerto Rico!!!!!!!
That will help him play if they put him in again tonight. I can't imagine not knowing how their families are doing.

So we got moved into our new home on Marco Island one day before Tropical Storm Emily hit the island and about six weeks before Hurricane Irma hit the island. Luckily we only had minor damage to our roof, soffit and pool cage (and the roof isn't leaking right now). Evacuated to near Atlanta, GA five days before the hurricane hit here and came back five days after, five days before we had to drive to St Pete to see the Cubs play the Rays. We put a few miles on the car and spent plenty of time on I-75. The first night at St Pete, they did a tribute to Joe for his seasons there. It was real nice and all the fans there gave him lots of love, even though the Cubs beat the Rays that night. We stayed at the Staybridge Suites which has transportation to the stadium and back to the hotel (five blocks from the stadium if anyone wants to hit a game there). I'd say at least 75% of the guests staying there were Cub fans. We met folks from Jacksonville, Indiana, Miami, all over the place. The hotel has drinks and light dinner on Mon, Tues and Wed nights for the guests (no extra charge) and Wed night was hamburger and hot dogs, plus beer, wine and sodas. Saved a bunch of money on ball park eats. The crowd was about half Cubbie Blue and the pitcher the first night, when he was interviewed after the game, was amazed at the Cub fans. Said it seemed like a Cub home game with all the Cub fans cheering. They use taped cheers at the ball park to make the fans seem louder than they really are. Cub fans still drowned out the cheering without any taped help. It had been nine years since the Cubs played at St Pete. We were lucky we made the game. No Cub games in St Pete next year, but they play the Marlins for their opener on Mar 29-Apr 1, 2018. As soon as we can, we're getting tickets to all four games. Those will be the only Cub games in this part of the world in 2018.
So glad to hear you guys are safe! I knew you posted about moving but wasn't sure of the specifics or which location...and when you hadn't been posting I was certainly keeping you in my thoughts. Sounds like the game was a blast (even if the Trop is pretty , ummmm....NOT Tropical?) Taped cheers? That has to be weird. Happy you were there for the W, or did you see both games? Great tip on the Satybridge Suites...sounds much like the Drury Inn &Suites happy hour/comp meals. Enjoy Marco Island and if you have the chance to ever update how Naples is bouncing back, I'd be grateful!

Wish I'd know you were near Atlanta...could've met up, bought you dinner, whatever.
If you're up this way again, give me a holler.

Fantastic news for Victor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a cousin contacted him with news that Victor's family is safe in Puerto Rico!!!!!!!
That is fantastic! I'm quite surprised...the news reports on PR seem very pessimistic, so obviously they're the more fortunate ones.

I hope Willy’s okay of course. But these 3-Stooges foul ball injuries are bordering on comedy.

Tragic comedy, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter