• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

That was one train wreck of a game . Martinez was like a caged animal on the mound and no one can tell me his hitting KB wasn't intentional. STL pissed about Yadi and Metheny pulls Martinez any other game but he was letting that sh*tshow continue. Jake, wow that did not go as hoped, not even close. Freeman's error costing 2 run's didn't help .That crazy bases loaded RBI for Tommy on the catcher's interference was a huge gift but to have Zo, KB an Rizzo blow it,,,uggghhhhh. That brings us to AAJ, contusion, xray's negative but that's going to be sore for a while. Pena hitting Pham, the stare down and then the pick? LOVED IT! Hard to make a quick dive back to first carrying all that salt, Pham~sit down. He then goes out with a bruised ego. Felix then gives up those home runs in basic Pena fashion. Enter JHEY! 3 run blast to get us within 2,SO happy for him that he did that at Busch~ then Zobie's bomb! Then KB connects for the dbl, but Riz strands him again. This has been a rough road trip for Anthony, offensively. Willy's knee has got to be screaming..injuries are getting brutal across the board. Then there's Justin Wilson. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitcher pulled mid batter on a non-injury. Joe was steamed, Wilson gave Joe the death stare in the dugout and CJ had to scramble~ barely warmed up. Joe keeps showing Wilson he has faith by putting him in, but man..aim Justin...friggin' aim!
Well, Lackey vs Wacha tomorrow...Reds gave it a great effort but like the Cubs game, lost by one. Throwing error by the Red's allowed a couple to score. Dirty Bird's going to do all they can to prevent the champagne from popping at their park lol. Get to do it all again tomorrow.

Last edited:
That was one train wreck of a game . Martinez was like a caged animal on the mound and no one can tell me his hitting KB wasn't intentional. STL pissed about Yadi and Metheny pulls Martinez any other game but he was letting that sh*tshow continue. Jake, wow that did not go as hoped, not even close. Freeman's error costing 2 run's didn't help .That crazy bases loaded RBI for Tommy on the catcher's interference was a huge gift but to have Zo, KB an Rizzo blow it,,,uggghhhhh. That brings us to AAJ, contusion, xray's negative but that's going to be sore for a while. Pena hitting Pham, the stare down and then the pick? LOVED IT! Hard to make a quick dive back to first carrying all that salt, Pham~sit down. He then goes out with a bruised ego. Felix then gives up those home runs in basic Pena fashion. Enter JHEY! 3 run blast to get us within 2,SO happy for him that he did that at Busch~ then Zobie's bomb! Then KB connects for the dbl, but Riz strands him again. This has been a rough road trip for Anthony, offensively. Willy's knee has got to be screaming..injuries are getting brutal across the board. Then there's Justin Wilson. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitcher pulled mid batter on a non-injury. Joe was steamed, Wilson gave Joe the death stare in the dugout and CJ had to scramble~ barely warmed up. Joe keeps showing Wilson he has faith by putting him in, but man..aim Justin...friggin' aim!
Well, Lackey vs Wacha tomorrow...Reds gave it a great effort but like the Cubs game, lost by one. Throwing error by the Red's allowed a couple to score. Dirty Bird's going to do all they can to prevent the champagne from popping at their park lol. Get to do it all again tomorrow.
I had to call it after the 4th...leaving bases loaded with no (or maybe it was 1) out is not good. Agreed on Rizzo...I was thinking the same thing last night.
Didn't see Pena hit Pham, the pick or the Justin/Joe thing. Okay, come back tonight and kick some butt.

So maybe tonight is the night? Could be fun having Lackey the Ex-Cardinal pull it off, lol.
The guys need rest~ LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!upload_2017-9-27_13-31-10.jpeg

Need Big John to get thru 6 hopefully...against
source.gif

giphy.gif

Lineup is looking gooooooooood :thumbsup2 & Willy's knee is thankful, lol START TIME 1 HOUR EARLIER!

DKwA6WoV4AEvd8l.jpg:large

Last edited:

The clincher is always the toughest.

But let's imagine for a moment what it would mean for it NOT to happen. Milwaukee wins their last 6 in a row. The Cubs lose their last six in a row.

And after all that incredibly unlikely stuff happening night after night after night -
the Brewers STILL have to win a one game playoff?

Gee- no pressure Brewers, right?

I want the Cubs to win, not "back in". Only because I HATE having to explain to people there is no such thing as backing in - it just means they won the required number of games in a different order than perhaps they'd like to see.

THANK YOU BIG JOHN...

Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-12.49.43-PM.png

YOUR LAST(probably) REGULAR SEASON GAME AS A CHICAGO CUB STARTING PITCHER(according to Lester)~ AND I AM GONNA MISS YOU

Last edited:
THANK YOU BIG JOHN...

Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-12.49.43-PM.png

YOUR LAST(probably) REGULAR SEASON GAME AS A CHICAGO CUB STARTING PITCHER(according to Lester)~ AND I AM GONNA MISS YOU
I'm not sure if I should like or dislike this post. I like the sentiment, I don't like if he's gonna leave. Len & JD were saying last night (and before also) Arietta is a free agent after this year and may move on also. I realize nothing will last forever, but say it isn't so we might lose two of our J's. :sad:

On a different note, we won even though it was 10 against 9. The umpire was calling EVERYTHING for Wacha and the exact same locations for John - ball. I admit Wacha was on last night and painting the corners, but so was John and only one was getting the calls. I know John was saying to himself (if not out loud) when he was walking back after getting rung up --- wish I'd get those calls.

I'm not sure if I should like or dislike this post. I like the sentiment, I don't like if he's gonna leave. Len & JD were saying last night (and before also) Arietta is a free agent after this year and may move on also. I realize nothing will last forever, but say it isn't so we might lose two of our J's. :sad:

On a different note, we won even though it was 10 against 9. The umpire was calling EVERYTHING for Wacha and the exact same locations for John - ball. I admit Wacha was on last night and painting the corners, but so was John and only one was getting the calls. I know John was saying to himself (if not out loud) when he was walking back after getting rung up --- wish I'd get those calls.

worst was when John was called out on balls...ummm "strikes" :rolleyes2 Big John kept his composure, didn't return the HBP favor (tho he might have if not pulled) and the superior pitcher got the W. The Ump was making it difficult to work Wacha's pitch count and the game just flew by. Metheny lost the game by leaving Wacha in to be viewed a third time. How about Tommy off the pine? AGAIN! Then the young kids,,,half of them in their 3rd season and going to the play-offs each time!

Last edited:
worst was when John was called out on balls...ummm "strikes" :rolleyes2 Big John kept his composure, didn't return the HBP favor (tho he might have if not pulled) and the superior pitcher go the W. The Ump was making it difficult to work Wacha's pitch count and the game just flew by. Metheny lost the game by leaving Wacha in to be viewed a third time. How about Tommy off the pine? AGAIN! Then the young kids,,,half of them in their 3rd season and going to the play-offs each time!
Yep, that's what I meant when I said he was rung up...three balls, three called strikes.

Does it bother anyone else when the Three Stooges in the press box have to be shown chatting with each other instead of showing the game? We had to turn the sound off both nights because of those guys. At least it wasn't Bob Costas, though. He is the worst.

Does it bother anyone else when the Three Stooges in the press box have to be shown chatting with each other instead of showing the game? We had to turn the sound off both nights because of those guys. At least it wasn't Bob Costas, though. He is the worst.

Sorry to hear that you don't get to hear the Len and JD.

It was a strangely subdued Wrigleyville last night. They showed Clark and Addison several times - you could easily count the people there - so empty.

I get it - it was expected -long way to go - not the true goal etc etc

I just never thought I'd live to see the day when a division championship was greeted with a virtual yawn. Progress - I guess.

I guess you mean ESPN. I had to switch over to ESPN at one point because the CSC stream died/locked. Glad I wasn't there too long because I'm pretty sure I noticed that very quickly (like maybe 45 seconds) ;)

Sorry to hear that you don't get to hear the Len and JD.

It was a strangely subdued Wrigleyville last night. They showed Clark and Addison several times - you could easily count the people there - so empty.

I get it - it was expected -long way to go - not the true goal etc etc

I just never thought I'd live to see the day when a division championship was greeted with a virtual yawn. Progress - I guess.
May have been because the night before took the wind out of a lot of folks sails. It would be interesting to compare the crowds from night before and last night.

Sorry, I wasn't there...very long drive and/or expensive flight from ATL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter