Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

The 2nd wildcard not wrapped up for the Rockies either. Dodgers are going to want a tune up to an extent, and Brewers facing a demoralized StL.

I’m kinda ticked at the Brewers organization for this year, and they are becoming our true rivals, but like Wisconsinites mostly. Is everyone here pro-Rockies in this regard?

I am. I much prefer the players on the Rockies over the Brewers, and basing just on sheer enjoyment of watching a team play, I like the Rockies much more. Joe and Bud Black are friends. Joe and Craig Counsell, are not. Also, I REALLY dislike Ryan Braun

todays lineup~ guessing limited innings/rotating door type game today

LETS GO CUBS! Hopefully Q"WIN"TANA has another great outing.

DK5hiF2X0AEdbi_.jpg

200.webp

Thank you Ian Happ for that clutch 3 run bomb into the wind! Hector got his FIRST MLB hit!!! Grimm got a save this season!( wait, may have been Duensing...)NICE games guys, after that quick turn around from STL last night

Last edited:
Is it October 6 yet?

Oct 6 has significant history for the Cubs. I, for one, wish we were starting the 5th or 7th. I know, I know, we ended that curse last year,,,but just wish the date was different.

ASIDE OF THAT, savor it....our pitcher's need as much time as possible.

Hey guys! Great game! I didn’t think we would have a homer the way the wind was whipping in. A number of home run balls were blown back into the ballpark. Kudos for Happy to make the rest of us so very happy! Hector’s hustle was impressive too. The board showed that he had only had one previous at bat so when he hit the ball I yelled, “500 baby!”. He looked so happy on first, grinning ear to ear.

I’m not sure what happened to Q. He had such awesome command for the first 3.2 innings and then they got a hit off him and the wheels came off the bus. I wonder if he was thinking no-no. Gotta give it to the bullpen which held the Reds to those 5th inning runs. I’m feeling a little better about them.

I was also impressed by the smart base running today. I loved the double steal. Although we won on the long ball, it was nice to see the team
Play small ball after the first couple tries against the wind. It had died down a bit by the 8th inning.

We spent about an hour after the game in The Park. It was HBCU day. The had a local rap artist sing a couple songs and two marching bands from Clark Atlanta University and Grambling. They were both great!

I have photos but they are too big to post from my phone. I’ll need to post them after making the smaller.

I also want to say a little mea culpa. As of tonight we have 91 wins. I did not think we would make 90 and I was wrong. I’ve not been so happy to be wrong in a long time!
I had asked for predictions at the beginning of the season on # of win's...IIRC I said 97 and Dan said 101. No one else answered, lol. I also wanted to remind everyone that this prophetic baseball faux pas was at the beginning of the season,, Cardinal's basically trolling themselves. Look closely at the baseball...because it's Cubs :rotfl2:
C4EnldPW8AMgbCa.jpg

Not really. We have 4 good starters to get us on the way. We’ll be fine and Jake will come back when we need him.

They're all good but Jake was the only one I considered automatic. Lester has been pitching like hot garbage. Q is untested in the playoffs. Hendricks doesn't go deep into games which means we have to use our awful pen.

Hey guys! Great game! I didn’t think we would have a homer the way the wind was whipping in. A number of home run balls were blown back into the ballpark. Kudos for Happy to make the rest of us so very happy! Hector’s hustle was impressive too. The board showed that he had only had one previous at bat so when he hit the ball I yelled, “500 baby!”. He looked so happy on first, grinning ear to ear.

I’m not sure what happened to Q. He had such awesome command for the first 3.2 innings and then they got a hit off him and the wheels came off the bus. I wonder if he was thinking no-no. Gotta give it to the bullpen which held the Reds to those 5th inning runs. I’m feeling a little better about them.

I was also impressed by the smart base running today. I loved the double steal. Although we won on the long ball, it was nice to see the team
Play small ball after the first couple tries against the wind. It had died down a bit by the 8th inning.

We spent about an hour after the game in The Park. It was HBCU day. The had a local rap artist sing a couple songs and two marching bands from Clark Atlanta University and Grambling. They were both great!

I have photos but they are too big to post from my phone. I’ll need to post them after making the smaller.

I'm hoping he was thinking this game doesn't actually matter...save it for the playoffs. I'll have to check the recap, since I wasn't able to see it.

todays lineup ~back to normal, at least for the first 4-5 innings

All eyes on Lester today~

LET'S GO CUBBIE'S!!!!!!upload_2017-9-30_10-54-4.jpeg

DK-6jbjWAAAidAe.jpg:large

images
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19-9 IN SEPTEMBER!

Congrat's to KB~ becomes the 1st Cubs player EVER to play 150 games in each of 1st 3 MLB seasons!

STL eliminated the Brewers ~

Do we want to face a full on healthy Max or one who's closer to Jake's current hammy situation? Guess we are gonna find out

WASHINGTON -- Nationals ace Max Scherzer has been pulled from his start against Pittsburgh because of an apparent injury to his right leg.

The NL East champions didn't provide immediate word on the extent of Scherzer's condition Saturday night.

Appears to be a hamstring cramp
https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/09/30/max-scherzer-washington-nationals-injury-update

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter